• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Long sleeve polos again in the same pattern and cut. They are perfect and fit much better than the short sleeves. I think most people's lone complaint was that they were perhaps a touch long in the sleeves .25" shorter and we are golden.

Casual jackets (field, safari) and overshirts would be a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

Oh, and corduroy khakis that don't have the screwed up sizing. No more uber slim cut please on khakis!
+1 to casual jackets like field and safari. I'd love to get some heavy fabric safari jackets into my wardrobe (perhaps with belts too).

I'd also like to see some belted overcoats, kind of like the Eidos belted Carlo coat.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
Dark brown flannel suit or separates, like the Fox Bros flannel jacket from this year. Whole suit!
Re-do of the Stone Coverts, which SO in my size too quickly

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Received my first S&M suit (Guabello bright navy, 42R) and 2 pairs of trousers (36)- all contemporary fit. Oddly enough, the suit pants are bigger in the waist than the trousers - is this normal? I'm having my tailor size take an inch out.

Other than that, the jacket looks great, required no alternations, and I'm quite impressed at the price. Odd trousers fit better than BB 1818 Regent- 1/2" lower rise is part of it for my taste. I do think the inside of the odd trousers is better finished by BB, not sure that really matters.

Probably the worst part of the experience was the quality of the box used (got here, not by much) and the plastic could be thicker as it had holes from the hangars presumably.

teaegg

Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

This tweed guncheck in a balmaccan coat with belt would be nice.

hopsack74

Reaction score
For those who own the cable knit crew sweaters, how's the fitment? Are the torso of the sweaters short like the turtle necks? How's the wool holding up against pilling?

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Going to beat the drum for the zillionth time on more casualwear offerings, like five-pocket twill pants, patterned button down collar sport shirts, maybe woven belts, maybe light jersey polos, etc.

Seems like an obvious expansion at this point, especially after the five-pocket cords and t-shirts last year.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay I have a glaring lack of navy in my wardrobe. I would love a heavier weight solid navy flannel sportcoat, and some sort of a navy textured jacket such as a Tonal Donegal or herringbone. A lot the navy offerings by Spier have skewed lighter than I would like.

A solid chocolate brown jacket made out of a dense wool/cashmere fabric (I have a Stile Latino like this that sadly is too small). Something like a boiled wool or soft tweed could work.

Skewed lighter in colour or in weight?

ninzer33

Reaction score
Nothing specific in items, but please stock more trousers in 32 Contemporary. I missed out on all the good seasonal trousers this past FW :(

SteveMc

Reaction score

1. Long sleeve polo
2. Pullover dress shirt

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads