• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drinkwaters: Affiliate thread

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

After too long, we have made Drinkwaters an official affiliate of Styleforum. Gary Drinkwater was one of the original stockists of Engineered Garments in the USA, and instrumental in introducing the brand to me and to this forum way back in FW03. He was also critical in getting Styleforum's first collaboration, a special Engineered Garments for Styleforum quick release belt in two special colors (henna and black-blue), underway. He has some great stories about Engineered Garments and Daiki, whom he has been friends with for decades now.

In addition to stocking a lot of Engineered Garments, Gary stocks lots of domestic brands and select imported brands. If you want a real Ivy look, you don't get more genuine than Gary's selection (a lot of his clients are faculty from the neighbourhood school - Harvard University.)

I am happy to officially welcome Gary to the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gary is such a nice guy and a pleasure to do business with. Nice to hear he is finally an affiliate.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in on the welcome as I've had great dealings with him since I've joined. Excellent addition.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Gary! I'm looking forward to my EG shirt arriving tomorrow.

bdr3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
He was also critical in getting Styleforum's first collaboration, a special Engineered Garments for Styleforum quick release belt in two special colors (henna and black-blue), underway.

Any chances of a do-over?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its about time !!!!!

Congrats. Gary is a great guy to talk to about EG and other brands he carries. If you haven't purchased from him, please do.

Scoobersti

Reaction score
I just made my first purchase from him this morning, was very nice and professional, great guy. Looking forward on receiving my order and ordering more from him in the future.

rolling green

Reaction score
Me too! Ordered my first EG piece today from Gary. Couldn't be a nicer guy to deal with! Extremely helpful with sizes, materials, and fitment. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What other notable brands does Drinkwater's carry?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
What other notable brands does Drinkwater's carry?

It depends on what you are interested in, but if you are interested in brands with a "Heritage" look, he carries Paraboot and Fishermen (out of Ireland). If you want shriting, he has Aster, which has a nice cut and well shaped collar, Hilditch & Key, and Turrau.

JOA

Reaction score
Finally! Gary is a great guy and always a pleasure to deal with.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you, Thank you. Bow, Blush, Loss for words.

Honestly, it has been such great place to connect with people who are passionate, respectful and just downright a pleasure to assist. Most of you, I'll probably never get to meet face to face but the friendships I've made here are numerous and I will always be grateful for your support.

J and Fok have been very kind to allow me over the years to participate in this forum. To engage in helping others with their needs and dilemma's. To promote our business and find a community that wants to see small business survive. I will always try to make your experience the added value you come to expect.

Thanks again to all who we've assisted with their sartorial splendor!

Best,

Gary & Teresa

JGP.

Reaction score
Good to hear that Gary is finally on board. I have had the pleasure of meeting him in person and he is truly a great guy. I have only made one purchase from him so far but plan on many more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads