1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by UNIFORMLA, Oct 11, 2018.

1. UNIFORMLA

UNIFORMLA Member Affiliate Vendor

Hey Guys,

I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and the brand. My name is Pat. I joined StyleForum 10 years ago (under my username “wurlwyde”) looking to dress better. I felt dejected by the common shopping experience (the mall, department stores, and chain retailers). I’d go shopping often but found everything to be unnecessarily over designed, overly branded, and cheaply made. I was hesitant to buy anything and when I did, I did so out of necessity, leaving me with a closet full of clothes that I didn’t love and that didn’t work well together.

Feeling like there had to be something better, I scoured the web and found this forum. Here, I’ve found a wonderful community that’s helped me discover a number of great brands and build a wardrobe of some amazing pieces. And while I’m extremely grateful for all that I’ve found, I’ve never shaken the feeling that a key part of my wardrobe was missing. I’ve built a solid closet of jackets, footwear, jeans, and dress clothes, but always felt like my core wardrobe needed work.

In trying to fill that gap, I’ve bought almost everything on the market, never really finding what I was looking for. And though a number of companies have popped up vowing to solve this problem. Each seemed to fall short. Basics tended to be in one of two categories either (1) nice but too expensive to justify buying multiples and wearing daily or (2) affordable but poor fitting and cheaply made defeating the purpose. Frustrated with the search, I began studying the problem.

After feeling like I had a solid understanding of everything, I found manufacturing partners to help me execute my vision and created UNI/FORM. The brand is built around the idea of creating truly premium basics at an accessible price. We focus excessively on fit, fabric, and construction with the underlying goal of creating a functional daily wardrobe. The line is understated and entirely made in the United States. We started with t-shirts as it’s something that I personally had a lot of trouble finding and are expanding into other basic categories with sweatshirts and hoodies coming next month.

We’re excited to be a part of StyleForum as this is where it all began and hope you'll accompany us on this journey.

We’d love for you to try us on. We offer 15% off your first purchase with email sign up and have a special 10% off October StyleForum discount for members with code: OCTSF10

https://uniformla.com

2. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior Member

Super happy to see you guys here! Looking forward to what's coming.

3. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Nice! Just received my first tee last week. Very impressed and highly recommend.

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'm excited to see forum-ites getting engaged on the maker side of things.

I just ordered a curved hem u-neck. Hoping more colors will come along in that model eventually, maybe some tanks a little further down the road.

5. turbospartan

turbospartan Well-Known Member

Ordered 3 LS and 3 SS a couple of weeks ago. Great product. Love the use of modal.

My suggestion: Make a hoodie out of the same material

6. j023

j023 Senior Member

My LS crew is on its way. Can’t wait.

7. Jflo301

Jflo301 Senior Member

Been meaning to pick up more tees from y’all. Just ordered 2 more crews and 2 more LS!

8. UNIFORMLA

Thank you! You've been with us since day one. From what we discussed a while ago, I think you're really going to love the full zip hoodies we have coming.

9. UNIFORMLA

Thank you! I appreciate the support and am so glad they worked out. We actually have a store that stocks our stuff near you if you ever want to try on the u-neck.

Thank you! I love to hear that and appreciate the cosign!

10. UNIFORMLA

Thank you! I truly appreciate the support and hope to make y'all proud. It was honestly a bit nerve-racking to hit "post" on this this afternoon and make the transition. We have tanks in the works for spring. You'll have to let me know what you think when you get the tee.

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Distinguished Member

Hey Pat, will you be coming out with the crew neck tee in tri blend grey? Not really a fan of heather grey.

And any plans for v neck tees? I would love a white one but not sure if I would prefer 100% cotton or the modal blend in that.

12. turbospartan

turbospartan Well-Known Member

Which store?

13. j023

j023 Senior Member

Just don’t ever stop
    Post some pics of that Olive

14. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior Member

@j023 Uniform vs JE olive. Uniform is more of an army green, nice earthy tone.

IMG_20181012_032423.jpg

15. bbconair

bbconair Senior Member

are you guys going to be doing anything heavy or super-heavy weight? unfortunately the drape of the super soft and mixed materials doesn't work for me.