• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Aldens in my opinion are still a lot more casual than these and works a lot better with jeans etc. These are still more on the dressy side for my taste.
I agree with you. These are more at home with chinos or trousers vs jeans. These would need the jeans to be worn with an outfit like from Anglo Italian/Drakes/Natalino (I.e. a more formal jeans outfit) or something like that to work.

Treble

Reaction score
Loafers are very tempting and I saw they are working on a Cordovan version. But I'm not sure if there is enough difference from the Harvard 2 model to ask a £100 premium.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Loafers are very tempting and I saw they are working on a Cordovan version. But I'm not sure if there is enough difference from the Harvard 2 model to ask a £100 premium.
I get what you mean. I suppose if these fit someone better, it’s worth the extra money. These have a lower vamp than the Harvard/Boston no?

Treble

Reaction score
I get what you mean. I suppose if these fit someone better, it’s worth the extra money. These have a lower vamp than the Harvard/Boston no?

yeah fit would be a subjective differentiator.

I think they are a Yale without the full strap, from pics of those two it does look a bit lower.

Guess the Cordovan ones will come in at a pretty hefty price given C&J will likely increase prices this year.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"
The team will return to New York for a Made-To-Measure Tailoring Trunk Show from the 14th - 17th March 2024.

We'll have the full range of new Tessuti fabrics available to browse, alongside the latest developments from our favourite mills."

sabmoll

Reaction score
Anyone here a customer of Anglo-Italian that's hard to fit RTW? I'm 6'2 with broad shoulders and long arms, so RTW often comes up short if there's no 94/98 size or enough material to shorten accordingly (Drake's, for example, is too short in the sleeve for shirts and a bad fit for jackets/sport coats regarding buttoning points etc.). Can anyone comment on Anglo might have something for me RTW or if it's straight to MTM? :)

TomTom

Reaction score
Nope, they have nothing for taller men. 6'3 and they told me I would have to go MTM. Italian suits are basically made for shorter men.

turned_up

Reaction score
Anyone here a customer of Anglo-Italian that's hard to fit RTW? I'm 6'2 with broad shoulders and long arms, so RTW often comes up short if there's no 94/98 size or enough material to shorten accordingly (Drake's, for example, is too short in the sleeve for shirts and a bad fit for jackets/sport coats regarding buttoning points etc.). Can anyone comment on Anglo might have something for me RTW or if it's straight to MTM? :)
Have a look at Berg & Berg and Natalino, the seem to also offer Long versions of their jackets with longer back and sleeves.

turned_up

Reaction score
I have been looking for the following AW-2020 country coat in green with a red overcheck, size 52 or 54.

1709587189255.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rd25

Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone here have recent experience with AIs MTO and MTM program for shirting and tailoring? I was hoping to have a jacket and some shirts made soon.

I was told by one of the SAs that the shirt buttons are plastic. I feel that’s a real bummer for this price point.

Is it plastic buttons across the board, ie for jackets and trousers?

I know it’s small potatoes, but overall it does raise concerns for the overall construction of these items. Again, they are not cheap.

The brand seems amazing, I just wanted to collect a bit more data from you esteemed and more experienced folks before making some potentially significant investments.

Thanks!

PS prior posts on this thread have referred to the poplin and denim shirts as being somewhat insubstantial - is that still the case? Just curious.

Shetterd

Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone here have recent experience with AIs MTO and MTM program for shirting and tailoring? I was hoping to have a jacket and some shirts made soon.

I was told by one of the SAs that the shirt buttons are plastic. I feel that’s a real bummer for this price point.

Is it plastic buttons across the board, ie for jackets and trousers?

I know it’s small potatoes, but overall it does raise concerns for the overall construction of these items. Again, they are not cheap.

The brand seems amazing, I just wanted to collect a bit more data from you esteemed and more experienced folks before making some potentially significant investments.

Thanks!

PS prior posts on this thread have referred to the poplin and denim shirts as being somewhat insubstantial - is that still the case? Just curious.

Last purchased a shirt from them in 2021. They were not plastic then, but a nice, thick MOP.

If they are plastic now, that's a downgrade.

PS. I own the denim shirt and have worn it regularly since 2020. I don't find it insubstantial, but it is a lightweight denim.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was one of the people that talked about the poplin being too light. That's still the case but I did buy more shirts from them since then as the fit is quite good for me and so is the collar geometry.

On my last shirt (bought a couple of months ago) the buttons definitely do look like MOP and not plastic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads