• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FILS UNIQUE - Fine hand-crafted silver accessories - AFFILIATE VENDOR THREAD

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the affiliate vendor thread for
Fils Unique.

Nicolas and I first corresponded years ago, shortly after he started his brand, using traditional methods to create silver cufflinks.
Isocahedron_2x_4bd2dee3-c736-4697-9c24-0d0a1691a484_1800x1800.jpg

The Icosahedron

Since then he has been refining his craftsmanship (he does custom work!) and unique designs in New York City. He has not gone unnoticed. His work can be found at some of the best retailers in the world, including Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman.

Nicolas is offering Styleforum members and readers a special Styleforum discount code: SF2023 , which gives 20% off orders placed on www.filsunique.com

Please help me welcome and support Nicolas as an official affiliate vendor.

Cheers,

Fok.

Fils Unique

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Woah, the lapel pins are right up my alley. Do you have any plans for other fruits? Maybe a pineapple?

Welcome to Styleforum!
Hi Moose_wearing_clothes!

Thank you! We have indeed some new lapel designs in the pipeline and coming soon. Pineapple was not (yet) on that list but what a great idea! Let me work on that! I'll keep you posted.

Fils Unique

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Welcome to the affiliate vendor thread for

Nicolas and I first corresponded years ago, shortly after he started his brand, using traditional methods to create silver cufflinks.
Isocahedron_2x_4bd2dee3-c736-4697-9c24-0d0a1691a484_1800x1800.jpg

The Icosahedron

Since then he has been refining his craftsmanship (he does custom work!) and unique designs in New York City. He has not gone unnoticed. His work can be found at some of the best retailers in the world, including Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman.

Nicolas is offering Styleforum members and readers a special Styleforum discount code: SF2023 , which gives 20% off orders placed on www.filsunique.com

Please help me welcome and support Nicolas as an official affiliate vendor.

Cheers,

Fok.
Thank you for the intro and the kind words Fok!

Hi Style Forum Members,

a quick additional intro: My name is Nicolas. I've been lurking as a non-active member for a few years now. I'm born in Brussels, Belgium, I'm passionate about art, craftsmanship, and beautiful objects. I started out as an M&A lawyer and enjoyed expressing my style through bespoke suits, hand-stitched details, or... cufflinks.

In 2014, I moved to New York to represent my ex-law firm in the US. With the city's endless creative opportunities, I embraced my creativity with a jewelry-making class in Brooklyn. I learned traditional techniques and started to handcraft my first very own cufflinks. When more than a few friends began demanding a pair of their own, I decided it was time to start creating a full line of high-end cufflinks.

So I launched my company, Fils Unique, in 2018 with the mission to create thought-provoking, beautiful accessories with a subtle touch of elegant rebellion or edginess. We're now a small boutique brand based in Brooklyn, New York.

Our craftsmanship

Our cufflinks and other accessories are all individually handmade in New York. Each pair of cufflinks goes through the expert hands of several craftsmen and women. We work with Argentium, a new Silver alloy that provides more scratch resistance and protection against the natural tarnishing of Silver. Each of our designs goes through the expert hands of no less than 8 craftspeople (design, CAD design, metal casting, tumbling, pre-polishing, assembling, polishing, and hand-painting).

Our mission is to create modern and unique cufflinks that let shine a touch of subtle personality when wearing a formal suit.
You can see here a short video about the process and our craftsmanship.

The Brand - Why "Fils Unique"?

Fils Unique (or F.U.) means "only child" in French. It evokes the universal bad reputation of only children as being irreverent and a bit self-centered (I'm an only child too 😉). We want to bring a touch of subtle rebellion and irreverence to formal outfits through an accessory that has been very traditional.

I know that this community likes custom products so I'd like also to share that we make custom cufflinks (painted or unpainted) in various precious metals. So, don't be shy and reach out if you're interested in designing a unique pair of cufflinks. Depending on the complexity, it usually takes 3 to 6 weeks from the first sketch to the final polish.

I'm very happy to open this thread on Style Forum and, please, feel free to ask me anything about the brand, the craftsmanship, or anything else.

Thank you!

dynemacron

Reaction score
The products are definitely unique. I feel bad that I don't wear cufflinks as much anymore since some of these would be great conversation pieces. The gummy bears and pills especially are great. Same with the pineapple from an execution perspective.

I do have to say I'm impressed by your rings. The geometric prints are very eyecatching.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Moose_wearing_clothes!

Thank you! We have indeed some new lapel designs in the pipeline and coming soon. Pineapple was not (yet) on that list but what a great idea! Let me work on that! I'll keep you posted.
Upside down pineapples are trending so hard right now...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fils Unique

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
What is the story and symbolism behind sugar skulls anyway? I know that they have to do with the Dia de los Muertos, but not much more than that.
Yes, you're right. It is the symbol of death and rebirth, it symbolizes both sides, life and the afterlife.

Fils Unique

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Welcome! I clicked the banner cause I saw these: https://www.filsunique.com/products/sweet-yorick and wow! Those are great, being from Mexico, you already know why I think they are great. :lol:
Thank you! appreciate the kind words. It's one of our best sellers. Probably the cufflinks that require the longest time to make because of the intricate designs. It's actually also the design that my team really loves to make because of the complexity. They paint it with a giant magnifier.

Fils Unique

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Upside down pineapples are trending so hard right now...
had to google it to see the meaning of an upside-down pineapple. Thank you, I learned something new today.

Fils Unique

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
The products are definitely unique. I feel bad that I don't wear cufflinks as much anymore since some of these would be great conversation pieces. The gummy bears and pills especially are great. Same with the pineapple from an execution perspective.

I do have to say I'm impressed by your rings. The geometric prints are very eyecatching.
Thank you! I've always liked geometric patterns, so I couldn't resist...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for plugging this @LA Guy and awesome stuff @Fils Unique options look great.
This:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics