1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

S.E.H Kelly

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JohnnyLaw, Dec 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyLaw

JohnnyLaw Senior member

I don't think S.E.H Kelly has been discussed here, so here's the thread to do it.

I like their simple designs, muted colours and dedication to having everything made in England. I own a pair of their wool trousers. Good cut, nice fabric, horn buttons, simple but solid construction (unlined, basic waistband).

The garments are produced in very limited numbers - as few as 6 pieces.

Customer service is excellent and the prices seem pretty reasonable.

In my opinion, it's a brand to watch.

[​IMG]

2. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I just love their Greem dry-waxed cotton jacket, but i am not sure about the price. I think it's too high for a teenager like me, so i wonder if it's worth it.

3. jlcookmd

jlcookmd Active Member

Any comments on why SEH Kelly won't deduct VAT on shipments to the USA? Love their clothes, but have had rotten luck lately with customs from other UK sites and would hate to pay taxes x2. Thanks.

4. sehkelly

sehkelly Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hello folks

Paul (founder / tea-boy) from S.E.H Kelly here.

Just to answer the above question, we don't charge VAT to anyone (we're a very small operation) which is why we can't deduct it for overseas customers.

Hope that clarifies that. Sorry to chime in with such a dull point of fact.

Cheers.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

The clothes look great, best of luck.

I might try it out soon.

6. irbe

irbe Senior member

Stuff looks great

7. sehkelly

Kind words much appreciated. Thank you.

Would the forum welcome updates in this thread on our progress and releases?

1 person likes this.
  8. jeromecd

jeromecd Senior member

It'll be great getting updates from you guys directly. It'll also be cool if some questions about the pieces could be answered here as well.

9. sehkelly

Great.

Happy to answer any questions people here may have. There shouldn't be anything -- design, make, fit -- we can't respond to in detail and in good time.

And I'm on studio@sehkelly.com most hours of the day for more direct enquiries.

Thanks again

Paul

10. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Looks great, but I don't like the fully buttoned up, high top button look of the jackets - are they 3 roll 2 or really just a high 3?

11. sehkelly

12. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

I don't think it's designed to be a tailored jacket anyway, more of a casual outerwear piece, the same way you might wear a harrington or an overshirt or something, maybe a touch more formal.

13. sehkelly

Exactly that.

The three-button blazer is, like all our garments, casual.

Having said that, preliminary work has begun on a more structured, formal-type blazer.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  14. FinchleyFrank

FinchleyFrank Member

Nice clothes and good to see a maker with commitment to creating and producing items of quality in these Islands.:thumbs-up:...thanks. Now it's up to us to support you by buying! Interested in the navy cut-away shirt myself( I take it this is a regular fit?) and would welcome opinions on matching trousers from the range available?
    Thanks

15. sehkelly

Many thanks.

The semi-cutaway shirts are made from a brushed wool-cotton (20% wool, 80% cotton).

It's a thick cloth so is complemented well with the heavier of our wool trousers -- the notch-back flecked charcoal trouser, for instance (http://www.sehkelly.com/shop/charcoal-grey-flecked-wool-tapered-trouser/).

In fact here's the grey version of the same shirt worn with that trouser:

[​IMG]

Worn together you end up with a soft but thick shirting sitting on top of an also thick but sturdier and somewhat rougher wool. It's a weight / texture combination we keep in mind when choosing cloths this time of year -- this year and in years previous.

Hope that helps.

16. jlcookmd

jlcookmd Active Member

Still a bit confused on the VAT issue since the web bite clearly states that all prices are"inclusive of VAT."

Does anyone have any experience with SEH Kelley shipments to the USA? I would hate to be nailed once for VAT and a second time for US Customs. Thanks for any insights - I agree with prior posters that their products certainly look like great finds.

17. mcqueen

mcqueen Senior member

It seems that the prices include worldwide shipping, so that definitely helps with the cost. I am seriously thinking about ordering some trousers. Curious about the notch-back tapered trousers which have a waist measurement of 34.5" in the largest size. Do these have any room to let out the waist?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  18. sehkelly

The shirt is a regular fit, yep. Not fitted. Relaxed. And the body is cut to a length so for most people it may be worn tucked or untucked.

A good accompaniment is the charcoal flecked notch-back trouser at http://www.sehkelly.com/shop/charcoal-grey-flecked-wool-tapered-trouser. (In fact in the photo further down that page you can see a grey version of the semi-cutaway shirt being worn with it.) Because the shirting is soft and particularly thick, robust trouser cloth is always a good counterweight.

19. sehkelly

As for VAT -- we're working on it.

We became VAT registered two weeks ago and are making adjustments necessary to be able to deduct VAT for overseas customers.

In the meantime our shipping is always free. Hopefully that ameliorates the situation somewhat.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  20. sehkelly

The trousers have an in-lay on the waist and seat of just over 0.5".