• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnnyLaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think S.E.H Kelly has been discussed here, so here's the thread to do it.

I like their simple designs, muted colours and dedication to having everything made in England. I own a pair of their wool trousers. Good cut, nice fabric, horn buttons, simple but solid construction (unlined, basic waistband).

The garments are produced in very limited numbers - as few as 6 pieces.

Customer service is excellent and the prices seem pretty reasonable.

In my opinion, it's a brand to watch.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just love their Greem dry-waxed cotton jacket, but i am not sure about the price. I think it's too high for a teenager like me, so i wonder if it's worth it.

jlcookmd

Reaction score
Any comments on why SEH Kelly won't deduct VAT on shipments to the USA? Love their clothes, but have had rotten luck lately with customs from other UK sites and would hate to pay taxes x2. Thanks.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello folks

Paul (founder / tea-boy) from S.E.H Kelly here.

Just to answer the above question, we don't charge VAT to anyone (we're a very small operation) which is why we can't deduct it for overseas customers.

Hope that clarifies that. Sorry to chime in with such a dull point of fact.

Cheers.

Last edited:

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kind words much appreciated. Thank you.

Would the forum welcome updates in this thread on our progress and releases?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great.

Happy to answer any questions people here may have. There shouldn't be anything -- design, make, fit -- we can't respond to in detail and in good time.

And I'm on [email protected] most hours of the day for more direct enquiries.

Thanks again

Paul

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great, but I don't like the fully buttoned up, high top button look of the jackets - are they 3 roll 2 or really just a high 3?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's designed to be a tailored jacket anyway, more of a casual outerwear piece, the same way you might wear a harrington or an overshirt or something, maybe a touch more formal.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Exactly that.

The three-button blazer is, like all our garments, casual.

Having said that, preliminary work has begun on a more structured, formal-type blazer.

Last edited:

FinchleyFrank

Reaction score
Nice clothes and good to see a maker with commitment to creating and producing items of quality in these Islands.:thumbs-up:...thanks. Now it's up to us to support you by buying! Interested in the navy cut-away shirt myself( I take it this is a regular fit?) and would welcome opinions on matching trousers from the range available?
Thanks

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Many thanks.

The semi-cutaway shirts are made from a brushed wool-cotton (20% wool, 80% cotton).

It's a thick cloth so is complemented well with the heavier of our wool trousers -- the notch-back flecked charcoal trouser, for instance (http://www.sehkelly.com/shop/charcoal-grey-flecked-wool-tapered-trouser/).

In fact here's the grey version of the same shirt worn with that trouser:

Worn together you end up with a soft but thick shirting sitting on top of an also thick but sturdier and somewhat rougher wool. It's a weight / texture combination we keep in mind when choosing cloths this time of year -- this year and in years previous.

Hope that helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads