• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lazy Sun - Official Affiliate Thread

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Shawn and I am thrilled to share that Lazy Sun (www.lazysun.com) has become an affiliate vendor with Styleforum. I have been a member of Styleforum since 2009 and I am so excited to contribute more to a community that has given me so much over the years.

As a quick introduction, Lazy Sun was started by three friends (myself, Mark, and TJ) who all grew up skiing the ice coast of New England together in the early 00’s. We stayed close through our 20’s all living in Boston, before setting roots down in northern Utah (no ice here). After spending the better part of a decade working in the winter sports and luxury retail markets between Mark and I, we wanted to create a space that celebrates good design in a multitude of forms. We sought out the best brands in the world for what they do, whether it’s the best fitting GORE-TEX shell, the best trail running shoes, or simply the perfect flannel shirt.

While continuing to work with some of our favorite brands, we are in the process of launching our own namesake brand this fall. All designs will be made in Los Angeles, with fabrics sourced from Japan. Inspired by vintage menswear staples, it will feature garment dyed hoodies and tees and a wink to workwear and military apparel. The collection is currently in production, excited to share more soon with everyone.

As a thank you to the Styleforum community, we’re offering the affiliate code “SF15” for 15% off first time customers.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Shawn and I am thrilled to share that Lazy Sun (www.lazysun.com) has become an affiliate vendor with Styleforum. I have been a member of Styleforum since 2009 and I am so excited to contribute more to a community that has given me so much over the years.

As a quick introduction, Lazy Sun was started by three friends (myself, Mark, and TJ) who all grew up skiing the ice coast of New England together in the early 00’s. We stayed close through our 20’s all living in Boston, before setting roots down in northern Utah (no ice here). After spending the better part of a decade working in the winter sports and luxury retail markets between Mark and I, we wanted to create a space that celebrates good design in a multitude of forms. We sought out the best brands in the world for what they do, whether it’s the best fitting GORE-TEX shell, the best trail running shoes, or simply the perfect flannel shirt.

While continuing to work with some of our favorite brands, we are in the process of launching our own namesake brand this fall. All designs will be made in Los Angeles, with fabrics sourced from Japan. Inspired by vintage menswear staples, it will feature garment dyed hoodies and tees and a wink to workwear and military apparel. The collection is currently in production, excited to share more soon with everyone.

As a thank you to the Styleforum community, we’re offering the affiliate code “SF15” for 15% off first time customers.
Welcome, Shawn. Always very happy to see a longtime member of the forum get into mens clothing retail, and love the vibe of your store. I chatted with Shawn quite a few times over the last month, and we've been corresponding longer, and I think that you guys will like what he brings to the table, both in product and just good energy.

Welcome again.

Cheers,

Fok.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Shawn! Welcome to SF. I'm also a former east coaster but live in northern Utah now. I am looking forward to stopping by your shop sometime soon and am excited about your upcoming collection!

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Shawn! Welcome to SF. I'm also a former east coaster but live in northern Utah now. I am looking forward to stopping by your shop sometime soon and am excited about your upcoming collection!
Amazing! Please send me a message when you end up finding yourself in Park City, would love to meet.

GerhartCss

Reaction score
I have been wanting to try Earth/Studies for a little while now, the affiliate code was the perfect excuse to finally pull the trigger.
Also excited to see your upcoming collection!

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have been wanting to try Earth/Studies for a little while now, the affiliate code was the perfect excuse to finally pull the trigger.
Also excited to see your upcoming collection!
Amazing! We love working with Earth\Studies, super nice guys and their designs are so refreshing.

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our Gramicci fall collection has arrived, super excited for some of the pieces we have with the weather finally cooling down. Some favorites:

_DSF4441.jpg

Sherpa Jacket - Agate Navy
Sherpa Pants - Agate Navy

_DSF4630.jpg

Canvas Equipment Pants - Leaf Camo

waffle-cord-double-knee-climber-pant-foggy-grey-dye-522740.jpg

Waffle Cord Double Knee Climber Pant - Foggy Grey Dye (this fabric is insane)

_DSF4667.jpg

Reverse Fleece Cardigan - Taupe

Shop the full collection here

As a quick note, you should find measurements for every size in the "Size Guide" tab on the product page (shout out to our shop warrior Kellor for hand measuring nonstop for four days). If there's anything missing or you have questions on specific sizing I'm happy to provide additional insight. Some Japanese brands, like Gramicci, have Japanese and American sizing on their labels, our website lists the US size.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our Gramicci fall collection has arrived, super excited for some of the pieces we have with the weather finally cooling down. Some favorites:

View attachment 2043675
Sherpa Jacket - Agate Navy
Sherpa Pants - Agate Navy

View attachment 2043677
Canvas Equipment Pants - Leaf Camo

View attachment 2043679
Waffle Cord Double Knee Climber Pant - Foggy Grey Dye (this fabric is insane)

View attachment 2043681
Reverse Fleece Cardigan - Taupe

Shop the full collection here

As a quick note, you should find measurements for every size in the "Size Guide" tab on the product page (shout out to our shop warrior Kellor for hand measuring nonstop for four days). If there's anything missing or you have questions on specific sizing I'm happy to provide additional insight. Some Japanese brands, like Gramicci, have Japanese and American sizing on their labels, our website lists the US size.
What is "waffle cord". Waffle I really like. Unfortunately, splitting cord has given me PTSD. Also, how heavy is that sherpa? Is it fuzzy on the inside?

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is "waffle cord". Waffle I really like. Unfortunately, splitting cord has given me PTSD. Also, how heavy is that sherpa? Is it fuzzy on the inside?
It's basically a corduroy that has the same wale width in the weft, creating a grid effect. Working on our own detail photos now but here's an example in another colorway:
Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 8.20.53 AM.png

It gives the material a nice weight and structure. The sherpa jacket and pants do not have the same "fuzziness" inside, it is the back as shown:
Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 8.22.52 AM.png

Both the pants and jacket are pretty toasty, almost identical weight to the vintage Patagonia high pile fleeces.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's basically a corduroy that has the same wale width in the weft, creating a grid effect. Working on our own detail photos now but here's an example in another colorway:
View attachment 2044391
It gives the material a nice weight and structure. The sherpa jacket and pants do not have the same "fuzziness" inside, it is the back as shown:
View attachment 2044393
Both the pants and jacket are pretty toasty, almost identical weight to the vintage Patagonia high pile fleeces.
So, the fleece, is it more like polartec100 or 500, just for a bit more context?

jdemotion

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few new arrivals showed up this week:

Goldwin

_DSF5119.jpg

Big fan of Goldwin's ability to create functional clothing that is subtle enough for everyday wear. The resin finish on the outerwear pieces create a cotton-like hand feel and matte finish like natural fibers.

The cardigan liner and corduroy pants are the real stand outs. Wearing my liner as I type this, love how a hoodie underneath it looks. The corduroy pants are a great cut - pleats at the top block, fuller in the thigh, and a nice gentle taper from the knee down.

_DSF5065.jpg

_DSF5070.jpg

We also received our And Wander shipment, some really fun pieces to be found. My personal favorites are the Diamond Stitch Down Jacket and the SUBU x And Wander Slippers.

diamond-stitch-down-jacket-green-938100.jpg

subu-x-and-wander-mountain-camo-wool-permanent-sandals-641676.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads