• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Gives: Holiday Charity Auctions to benefit one of our own, 2023 edition

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions for @cyc wid it - 2023

For this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions we wanted to keep the focus right here in our community and are doing this in support of one of our long-time members, @cyc wid it who has been battling ALS, a neurodegenerative disorder.

CB8C5825-6AEC-46E8-880D-84BEDDDEF91C.jpeg

Of all the many traditions we all have, this is the one of which I am most proud. We are holding auctions of items donated by retailers and designers, with 100% of the proceeds going to cyc and his family.

2024 will be our 22nd Anniversary, and we have raised over $60K (USD) over the past decade+ for a variety of charitable organizations.

Please subscribe to this thread to keep updated on the daily, 24-hour auctions, and please bid often and generously. Please tag a friend. Please get an IRL friend to join and participate.

Each auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 5 p.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day, or 10 minutes after the final bid, whichever comes later.

All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price, and we'll kick things off this Monday, December 11th with a winner's choice alpaca and wool gaucho blanket from @Epaulet .
Everyone who wins an auction will get a "Styleforum approved'' rubber bracelet and at the very end, the three people who have bid highest over retail will get a Good Art rosette "rubber biscuit" (https://www.goodart.com/collections/rubber-biscuits/products/rubber-biscuits-1) with that!

Here is the tentative full schedule:

Monday, December 11th with a winner's choice alpaca and wool gaucho blanket from @Epaulet

Dec 12 & 13th: Necktie of winner's choice from @Sam Hober

Dec 14: MTO boots in a special leather of winner's choice from @Nick@NicksBoots
Dec 15: A second alpaca and wool gaucho blanket from @Epaulet for anyone unlucky enough to have lost the first one

Dec 16: Frank Clegg's Aiden duffel bag in green tumbled leather from No Man Walks Alone @gdl203

Dec 18: S.E.H Kelly @sehkelly - one peacoat, any size

If you are a vendor and would like to donate an item for the charity, please email us at styleforum dot net at gmail dot com

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Almost time.

IMG_7741.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Auction 1: First, let's get cozy - an alpaca/wool gaucho blanket from Epaulet

Let's start the bidding... now. The first auction will end on 12/12, at 8 p.m. EST.

Up for auction is your choice of alpaca/wool throw blanket, valued at $275 generously donated by @Epaulet

There are four colorways, all inspired by the South American Gaucho horsemen of the 19th century and ethically produced in Peru by a Fair Trade and WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) certified facility, so you can feel great about gifting one of these (or just as great about keeping it for yourself once you feel how warm it is).

Here are all four colorways, expertly modeled by a furry friend:

IMG_7742.jpeg

Cafe con Leche

IMG_7743.jpeg
Desert Sunset

IMG_7744.jpeg

Granite Rose

IMG_7745.jpeg
Rioja

We will start the bidding at 1/2 of the retail of this package, or $138. The bidding will go by increments of $25.

Please bid generously!

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m starting things going for $150. :-D

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am saving my wad

Keeping my powder dry

Waiting until I see the whites of their eyes

Don't wanna bid prematurely

Well there is a first time for everything. :laugh:

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads