1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auctions 2017 to benefit the Ronald McDonald House

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Nov 17, 2017.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

C'mon people. I just tallied up what we have, and right now, we are at (funds collected so far, we are missing a few hundred still), $10450. Let's have someone help us reach $11K today!

Cheers,

Fok.

2. LA Guy

And the user whose name I pronounce "Sim Jim" in my head wins it for $375. Great deal, and thank you!

If you could please email me at [email protected]il.com for details ASAP, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,

Fok.

3. LA Guy

Auction 21: A Shawl Collar Wardrobe Sweater from The Wardrobe at Wimbledon
    Starts immediately, ends 12 p.m. (noon) PST, Friday, Dec 29, or 10 minutes after the last bid, whichever comes later.
    Face reality. It's going to be cold for at least another 3 months. Just deal with it. One way to deal with it better is to bid on this beautiful camelhair shawl collar sweater from the Wardrobe at Wimbledon. I've never been to Wimbledon. Most of the sports events I go to involved a lot less polite clapping and a lot more... audience opinions. However, in such a sweater as this, I can imagine that I would spend quiet evenings at my country estate. Possibly drinking a nice port. I'm doing that anyway, but in front of my computer, wearing house clothes, and by way of a nightcap, since it is in fact cold right now, a designer suede cap. But I digress.

This auction is for one such sweater. I assume that MANY of you will want this, because it's stylish and warm, but also because of severe cases of FOMO. This is the penultimate auction before the new year!

Here is a picture of the sweater for you to drool over:
    Wardrobe and Wimbledon cardigan sweater.jpg
    As for all these auctions, 100% of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (www.rmhc.org), an organization that helps house and feed the families of children who have to travel for medical care. It's an incredibly stressful and emotionally draining time for families, and financial issues associated with loss of time at work, only compound those stresses. The Ronald McDonald Houses do their best to alleviate that stress by providing food and shelter and a home away from home for these families. I know that during this time, there are many worthy charities to support, and we really appreciate your taking part in these charity auctions.

The retail price of this sweater is 295 GPP, or approximately $400. We will start the bidding at ~1/2 of the retail, or $200. The bidding will go by minimum increments of $40. Good luck, all.

Please bid generously to help the Ronald McDonald House.

Cheers,

Fok.

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

$280

5. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

FYI this pure camelhair shawl goodness is made in Scotland and is the kind of cardigan you will want to wear every waking moment this winter! It' also the piece you are seeing all over instagram this season but really let's face it - it's a timeless classic.

6. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

7. LA Guy

Looks like I'll call it here at $280. Good job man. Now NO ONE ELSE will look as close to Bruce Willis in Die Hard as you. Please email me at [email protected] for details. There will be 2 more auctions after the new year!

Cheers,

Fok.

8. trevorplease

trevorplease Senior Member

9. Marc Voorhees

Marc Voorhees Senior Member

Hola Fok, I thought I would reach out and see how those remaining two auctions were coming along :)

10. LA Guy

Soon, soon.. It took me a full 30 hours to get home from Florence. While not as horrific as @UrbanComposition 's set of flights out, it was pretty crazy, and I'm still trying to get my head on straight, with mixed results.

11. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I would have to fly into Milan or Rome and then take a train. Remember to send out those invites earlier next time :)

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

this is what I did recently. outbound from florence is usually delayed.

14. trevorplease

trevorplease Senior Member

15. LA Guy

So, exciting news. We will be holding a late auction soon, for a pair of Viberg MTO boots. And... stitchdown shell is available on specific models, like the service boot.

I'm just waiting for a list of shell options now.

Cheers,

Fok.