• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that is correct. TIE Fighters were designed to be cheap and mass produced. That's part of why they don't have FTL engines or pressurized cabins. They have to wear spacesuits to fly them.
I'm thinking the Imperial court system isn't very sympathetic to workplace safety claims.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could potentially be a hilarious, probably animated, limited series- some poor, mid-level OSHA worker traveling the galaxy to sites where there were workplace injuries. Interviewing Storm Troopers on disability, writing memos on the complete lack of safety precautions ("None of the walkways have guardrails! None!"). Until finally Darth Vader Force chokes him for shutting down a Death Star for repeated health and safety violations.

The Imperial bureaucracy could be funny as hell...

Edit: I'm sure someone at Lucasfilm had this idea years ago, and George Lucas had them murdered, because Star Wars is serious, not like some Gene Roddenberry trash TV show.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That could potentially be a hilarious, probably animated, limited series- some poor, mid-level OSHA worker traveling the galaxy to sites where there were workplace injuries. Interviewing Storm Troopers on disability, writing memos on the complete lack of safety precautions ("None of the walkways have guardrails! None!"). Until finally Darth Vader Force chokes him for shutting down a Death Star for repeated health and safety violations.

Incident report: "I hit my head on the door because it opened too slow!"

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incident report: "I hit my head on the door because it opened too slow!"
"16:43- Trooper Jones taken to infirmary for potential concussion. While on patrol, Jones fell down a flight of stairs in Section 2BX3. Jones stated, 'I didn't see the first step, and I fell. Why are the eye holes in these helmets so small? Seriously, you can't see a f*cking thing.' Recommend Trooper Jones be reassigned immediately to de-icing detail on Hoth."

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit: I'm sure someone at Lucasfilm had this idea years ago, and George Lucas had them murdered, because Star Wars is serious, not like some Gene Roddenberry trash TV show.
Maybe not this exact idea (OSHA Inspector) but the general idea of merging the mundane (OSHA, bureaucracy, etc) and the fantasy world of Star Wars, was green lit by Lucas.

Star Wars Detours was an animated series by Seth Green, that was in the can, I believe, and then cancelled before it aired when Kennedy took over after the sale of Lucasfilm to Disney.

There’s a good interview with Green when he talks about the conversations with Kennedy, and how she approached the show, and the variety of reasons for cancelling the show.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored tix to see this in July. Should be fun!

IMG_8157.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These... are not good numbers.

I mean they haven’t released a big budget Star Wars film in over four years. You can’t rely on streaming shows to drive the kind of profits they need and the new Indiana Johns movie was a flop. I’m not surprised they have a ways to go.

4 billion is a lot of money and they need to stop having cold feet and get movies into the theaters again.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think what surprised me is how expensive the movies are- over 500 million for The Force Awakens? F*cking hell, that's a lot. Even Rogue One and Solo were over 250 million and they were supposed to be cheap, one shot movies. They need to learn how to make movies that look good (and are actually good), but don't cost the GDP of Bulgaria to make. Maybe ask Denis Villlanueve for some tips.

And sure, losing 150 million on an ill advised Indiana Jones movie definitely didn't help.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon -- Part Two: The Scargiver only cost $83 million, so that's a f!cking bargain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads