1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by VMan, Oct 25, 2006.

1. VMan

VMan Senior member

At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this thread is about what you are drinking at the moment.

Had a long and stressful day, but I worked hard and got through it all, so now I'm just sitting back surfing SF with a Beamish. I really like this beer - good Irish Stout, nice and dark and heavy, with a creamy bitter finish. I got a 4-pack of the 16 ounce cans which have the nitrogen bubble ('widget') inside which is a nice touch.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

A Sprite. Have an awful back and neck ache so no alcohol for me right now [​IMG]

P.s. cheers!

3. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I am working on a Alsatian Gewurztraminer from Domaine Barmes Buecher. The 2004 Pfersigberg Grand Cru, to be specific. It's a lovely wine for sipping - enticing lychee and peaches lead the nose with floral scents not far behind, and a correspondingly tasting and assertive body with a lingering finish - but a touch too sweet to be very food friendly. I am not a big fan of Gewurz but this certainly is one of the better ones I've tried. It is a bit more acidic than usual which helps keeps it from being overpowering.

4. j

j Senior member Admin

At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this thread is about what you are drinking at the moment.

Had a long and stressful day, but I worked hard and got through it all, so now I'm just sitting back surfing SF with a Beamish. I really like this beer - good Irish Stout, nice and dark and heavy, with a creamy bitter finish. I got a 4-pack of the 16 ounce cans which have the nitrogen bubble ('widget') inside which is a nice touch.

[​IMG]

I love Beamish. They discontinued (kegs of) it in this country, AFAIK, so cans are all you can get anymore. Also try Murphy's and Boddington's when you get a chance. Boddy's is like drinking cream of beer or something. Great stuff.

Right now I'm drinking lots of water and washing down a bunch of vitamins and stuff. Yum.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

I love Beamish. Also try Murphy's and Boddington's when you get a chance. Boddy's is like drinking cream of beer or something. Great stuff.

I've had both and really like them. When I buy beer it's usually either some sort of darker local microbrew, or Newcastle, but I should buy these tall cans more often.

6. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

[​IMG]

+

Homemade Pesto Chicken Pizza

= Goodness

7. polarbear

polarbear Well-Known Member

Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 yeard old rum, on the rocks, splash of simple syrup.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

It's very irritating how people in the U.S. tend to think that Guiness (or even Ireland as a whole) has a monopoly on or invented stout/porter.

9. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

It's very irritating how people in the U.S. tend to think that Guiness (or even Ireland as a whole) has a monopoly on or invented stout/porter.

Not as irritating as those who misspell Guinness [​IMG]

But back on topic, I have to say the best stout I've ever had is St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. It's brewed in Quebec, and it might be available south of the border. Very different from Guinness - no artificial thickness, more carbonation, stronger taste with more coffee/less ashtray taste.

10. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

[​IMG] + Homemade Pesto Chicken Pizza = Goodness
    YEESSSSS! Love the Maudite! Especially that one, I think it tastes better kept in the bottle than letting it breathe in a stein. A.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

12. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

just finished off a bottle of Gatorade.

-Jeff

13. Stax

Stax Senior member

14. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Has anyone tried Zaya?

15. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] + [​IMG] FTW
    AmJack drink.

16. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I had a Sapporo.

17. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

Currently water, last night it was: [​IMG] With the Bass and Guinness combination of course. Yum.

18. Stu

Stu Senior member

Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 yeard old rum, on the rocks, splash of simple syrup.

Is that Venezuelan? Also, why would you sweeten it? A 23-year old rum should have such a wonderful deep flavor on its own. JMO.

19. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

Not as irritating as those who misspell Guinness [​IMG]

But back on topic, I have to say the best stout I've ever had is St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. It's brewed in Quebec, and it might be available south of the border. Very different from Guinness - no artificial thickness, more carbonation, stronger taste with more coffee/less ashtray taste.

i like the stronger stouts, guinness foreign extra ( http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/guinnes...a-stout/12910/ ) and dragon stout ( http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...005-40,GGLR:en )

back when i smoked i found their strong smoky flavours perfectly complemented a nice embassy filter.

20. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

espresso w/ 1/2 a packet of splenda.