• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Least Official Natalino Appreciation Thread

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Natalino is a cool, newer brand that makes some great clothes at a reasonable price. I think they are more than deserving of an appreciation thread on here, so I thought I'd start one myself.

I like that they put a lot of thought into the clothes. For example, we all know what a normal Shetland sweater looks like. Here is Natalino's version.
1614814835217.png

Notice how the ribbing around the neck is a bit different than you normally see. I think this is a nice casual detail. They also say it makes the neck area stronger. The ribbing at the bottom of the sweater is also a bit taller than you normally see and the body of the sweater is a couple inches shorter than you normally see, which is nice if you are wearing higher rise trousers. There are plenty brands, especially when it comes to sweaters, that just order what the manufacturer normally makes. Natalino, though, puts a little more thought into their designs and I appreciate this.

I like their trousers a lot. I have larger thighs and many pants out there simply don't fit me very well. Others that do fit well often have very large hems that not only look a little less contemporary (something I am personally fine with) but also look mismatched with anything sleeker than a pair of Aldens. Natalino strikes a good balance here. Their pants are plenty roomy up top and the hems are both wide enough that they (1) don't catch on my calves and (2) pair well with chunkier shoes, and also narrow enough that they go well with sleeker shoes.

I like Natalino's trousers both for more casual ensembles and for more tailored ones. Many pants that are too slim don't pair so well with sport coats. Imagine your silhouette in profile. When you wear pants that are too slim, that silhouette will cut in abruptly at the bottom of your jacket. I don't think this looks coherent. You want the jacket to flow into the trousers. I think Natalino's pants are wide enough that they do this. At the same time, though, they aren't so wide that they look grandfatherly. They look contemporary. They also aren't too fussy. One pleat. Side adjusters. Nothing fancy or eye catchy.

I also like their fabric selection. I have trousers from them in 14 oz. cotton, 13 oz. linen, 12 oz. flannel, and 15 oz. covert twill, and I have been pleased with all of them. You don't normally get such a nice fabric selection at this price point.

I have pants that are twice as expensive as Natalino's, but I like the Natalino's more. The cut just works really well for me. Also, because of the price, I can comfortably fill out my wardrobe with their pants. I don't just reserve them for more special occasions.

1614821503455.png

This season was their first time doing sport jackets, and I think they did a really nice job here too. My other sport coats are from Orazio Luciano and Ring Jacket for the Armoury--brands that are 2-4 times as expensive as the jackets from Natalino--so I didn't really know what to expect from a jacket at this price point. I am happy to say, though, that I really like my Natalino jacket. It has a place in my wardrobe alongside my much more expensive jackets.

There is tailoring that is more low key and casual (imagine what a slovenly professor might wear) and then there is tailoring that feels like tailoring. Both can look good, but my Natalino jacket falls definitively into the latter category. It is something you want to wear with a tie to a nice party. It is something that makes you feel good and dressed up. It is a Neapolitan jacket without too much structure, though, so you certainly can wear it more casually.

The thing that sets this jacket apart from other more casual tailoring options is the cut. The chest and shoulders are on the fuller side which I think is flattering, especially on my stockier build. It all looks very masculine. The shoulders have nice spalla camicia (not sure if my phrasing here makes sense) and the lapels are wide and expressive. I don't know enough about the technicalities of tailoring to explain why this is, but the lapels can do this thing where they roll all the way to the bottom of the jacket. They only do this if you want them to, though--I just mention this to give some indication of how expressive the lapels are. The jacket is also a touch longer in the body, something I appreciate as I find many brands are an inch or so too short on me.

I am not going to pretend that I can't notice a difference in quality between this jacket and ones that are triple the price. There are some minor things here and there. The stitching inside the patch pockets isn't quite as nice, the pattern matching could be a bit better, the jacket feels a bit stiffer than my other jackets, and the collar could hug my neck a bit better at times. Some of this may have to do with the fabric of my jacket, a stiffer tweed. Some of this is also that this is RTW. RTW won't fit everyone perfectly. The collar gap issues (and they are relatively minor) might have nothing to do with the quality and everything to do with my proportions.

Unless you are going full bespoke, you will always have to compromise on some things. The thing here, though, is that I don't feel that I am compromising much at all. I really like the cut of the jacket. It's a great cut. I like the fit. I like the fabric (I got the green tweed). I enjoy wearing this jacket a lot. There are things that could be better, but they don't bother me a ton.

I also assume that these jackets will get nicer with time. I have Natalino's trousers from three different seasons and little kinks here and there have been fixed each season. Good brands generally improve their designs with time, and Natalino has done precisely this.

Overall, I am very impressed with Natalino. I think they really pay attention to the details and have excellent taste. There is clearly a desire to put out a good and unique product and it shows.

If you want to see pictures of their stuff in the wild, there are plenty of pictures of their trousers on Instagram. There are a few pictures of their jackets, but I am not sure any of these pictures really capture their jackets that well. Hopefully, people will post pictures of themselves wearing Natalino on this thread.

Attachments

• 1614821507526.png
    1614821507526.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 346

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
I really like what Natalino is offering at that price point. While I use one of their sweaters, I have realised that their trousers don't really fit for me. Even though they are advertised to be large in the top block, I find their crotch to be too short and buttocks area too small, leading to the trousers being too small for me in the hip. Moreover, I find the taper a bit excessive for my tastes – say, a 22cm ankle opening would be more balanced. I really like the fabrics they use for the trousers, as well as the value proposition, but sadly the cut just isn't ideal for me.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I've noticed several Instagrammers wearing Natalino for some time now. Their stuff is appealing but dealing with international shipping especially with all the COVID related delays has been a detterence

It should be noted that they have free international returns.

JIMIG

Reaction score
I have three pairs of their trousers trousers (flannel and wool cavalry twill), and all have become favorites in my wardrobe. Their customer service is great, and I look forward to ordering more from them.

I am currently looking at their 10 oz four season cotton trouser: https://natalino.co/collections/tro...stone-brushed-cotton-1?variant=37801381363910

Have anyone here tried these? If so, please share your thoughts. I was thinking of wearing them with more casual tailoring, mainly in spring, summer, autumn.

(Tagging @pickergc as I know he has a lot of great natalino trousers).

Thanks!

Shetterd

Reaction score
Thanks @TheShetlandSweater for starting this! Really like Natalino. Have a few trousers, which are lovely. I especially like that the trousers come finished, because a 32S fits me straight out of the box.

I also tried a Natalino denim shirt a while back but returned it because the forearms were super tight, which was extremely weird. Discussed this with Nate who said they might add another pleat to take care of that. (I do not have especially large forearms...)

I agree with @anonymouz that post-Brexit, I would prefer DDP shipping, though who knows maybe that will happen.

@JIMIG I have the brushed cotton trousers in two colours. They are great with a nice jumper or cardigan, but can work equally well with a sport coat. They also can be machine washed! (Nate machine washes his, he said.) Though obviously the advice is to dry clean.

pickergc

Reaction score
I have three pairs of their trousers trousers (flannel and wool cavalry twill), and all have become favorites in my wardrobe. Their customer service is great, and I look forward to ordering more from them.

I am currently looking at their 10 oz four season cotton trouser: https://natalino.co/collections/tro...stone-brushed-cotton-1?variant=37801381363910

Have anyone here tried these? If so, please share your thoughts. I was thinking of wearing them with more casual tailoring, mainly in spring, summer, autumn.

(Tagging @pickergc as I know he has a lot of great natalino trousers).

Thanks!
Thanks for tagging me in this. I'm glad someone started a thread. For those concerned with international shipping, I just purchased a pair of linen trousers Thursday and they were delivered to me in the US that following Monday. YMMV, but there doesn't seem to be much impedance.

I do have quite a few pairs - heavy twill cotton, brushed cotton, linen, and flannel. I have both "Made in Portugal UK/US sizing" and "Made in Italy, EU sizing". I have a polo, their second iteration button-down collar. This is the only piece that I'm luke warm on. It's a XXXL, with a pretty tapered waist and the sleeves are really, really long. At one point they had updated sizing and their original XL was larger than the XXXL of the new model. Their newest iteration of polos seems to have normalized the sizing once again.

@JIMIG the brushed cotton trousers are great, versatile as another poster mentioned -- they can move between casual and tailored world pretty easily.

I also have the brown M&E window pane jacket, that I really really like. @mossrockss had a in-depth review of the jacket. I'm looking forward to what Nathan has coming in SS tailoring. Also @dapperclassic has some really good shots of the full herringbone suit.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for tagging me in this. I'm glad someone started a thread. For those concerned with international shipping, I just purchased a pair of linen trousers Thursday and they were delivered to me in the US that following Monday. YMMV, but there doesn't seem to be much impedance.

I do have quite a few pairs - heavy twill cotton, brushed cotton, linen, and flannel. I have both "Made in Portugal UK/US sizing" and "Made in Italy, EU sizing". I have a polo, their second iteration button-down collar. This is the only piece that I'm luke warm on. It's a XXXL, with a pretty tapered waist and the sleeves are really, really long. At one point they had updated sizing and their original XL was larger than the XXXL of the new model. Their newest iteration of polos seems to have normalized the sizing once again.

@JIMIG the brushed cotton trousers are great, versatile as another poster mentioned -- they can move between casual and tailored world pretty easily.

I also have the brown M&E window pane jacket, that I really really like. @mossrockss had a in-depth review of the jacket. I'm looking forward to what Nathan has coming in SS tailoring. Also @dapperclassic has some really good shots of the full herringbone suit.
The love fest continues: I'm a huge fan of the jacket cut. The only downside was the particular jacket I got was a full 1.5cm shorter than their size chart. That would normally have really bothered me (as the length it measures comes in under the floor I normally consider flattering on my body), but in reality I never would've thought twice as it felt long enough and I only realized the length problem after I measured it. So the way it fits me and makes me look won me over.
However, any future jacket, I'd greatly appreciate that extra length haha.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the mention @pickergc indeed, another big Natalino fan here. I have many pairs of their brushed cotton trousers, a pair of VBC flannels, I think four polo shirts in total and my latest addition is the herringbone suit. The trouser fit works very well on me, so much so that I use them as a measurement reference for any custom made trouser that I commission .

Here’s some photos of the suit fit, a couple of polo pics and two different types of trousers (Heavy twill and brushed cotton). Lots more Natalino content on my IG page If anyone’s interested.

If you have any questions on fit, feel free to drop me a DM (via IG is best as I check that more often than this)

1FB9E2B6-B472-4E77-9F70-213B189B3D0A.jpeg
81BE22AE-1A94-40C7-88D4-4BA9DE438CB5.jpeg
5F26F850-F54A-4D46-8865-27AD9A49A67D.jpeg
1ABA3978-1BBA-4D96-AF97-EA76E1D18AEB.jpeg
FCEE3008-DC30-4E01-AD73-5B1556C4398A.jpeg
5246347E-FD41-417F-B601-CCAEEDD96029.jpeg
414DAE45-CD44-437B-B7A4-2633654ADBCD.jpeg
7C45E527-D538-4B68-BDD7-B793672350B5.jpeg

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the mention @pickergc indeed, another big Natalino fan here. I have many pairs of their brushed cotton trousers, a pair of VBC flannels, I think four polo shirts in total and my latest addition is the herringbone suit. The trouser fit works very well on me, so much so that I use them as a measurement reference for any custom made trouser that I commission .

Here’s some photos of the suit fit, a couple of polo pics and two different types of trousers (Heavy twill and brushed cotton). Lots more Natalino content on my IG page If anyone’s interested.

If you have any questions on fit, feel free to drop me a DM (via IG is best as I check that more often than this)

View attachment 1575995 View attachment 1575996 View attachment 1575997 View attachment 1575998 View attachment 1575999 View attachment 1576000 View attachment 1576001 View attachment 1576002

You wear 40R in S&M right? What size do you wear in natalino long sleeve polos? I wear 40L and wonder if the sleeves are on the short side...?

JIMIG

Reaction score
Thanks @TheShetlandSweater for starting this! Really like Natalino. Have a few trousers, which are lovely. I especially like that the trousers come finished, because a 32S fits me straight out of the box.

I also tried a Natalino denim shirt a while back but returned it because the forearms were super tight, which was extremely weird. Discussed this with Nate who said they might add another pleat to take care of that. (I do not have especially large forearms...)

I agree with @anonymouz that post-Brexit, I would prefer DDP shipping, though who knows maybe that will happen.

@JIMIG I have the brushed cotton trousers in two colours. They are great with a nice jumper or cardigan, but can work equally well with a sport coat. They also can be machine washed! (Nate machine washes his, he said.) Though obviously the advice is to dry clean.

Thanks! I will order the cotton trousers.

I am also tempted by the Shetland sweaters. I don’t know much about shetlands, so please educate me: is this the preferred collar height? I will use it over OCBDs. Cannot make up my mind if the collar looks a bit high.

From their IG:

Attachments

• C1D5FA6F-6AD3-49AA-85C7-A2E3C16F61CE.jpeg
    C1D5FA6F-6AD3-49AA-85C7-A2E3C16F61CE.jpeg
    423.2 KB · Views: 350
  • E46A9772-8EA8-47AE-8903-FFC5219729F5.jpeg
    E46A9772-8EA8-47AE-8903-FFC5219729F5.jpeg
    636.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 941B02D8-8852-4076-88B8-5B0522EA6439.jpeg
    941B02D8-8852-4076-88B8-5B0522EA6439.jpeg
    603.7 KB · Views: 391

Shetterd

Reaction score

I am also tempted by the Shetland sweaters. I don’t know much about shetlands, so please educate me: is this the preferred collar height? I will use it over OCBDs. Cannot make up my mind if the collar looks a bit high.

From their IG:
It's not a classic shetland crew neck, wich is more like the one below. The neckline itself is chunkier, as someone else has said, and I think that makes it look more modern? Depends on what you prefer really. It's also shorter, which someone else has noted, which is nice if you wear higher-waisted trousers. I personally really like the colours, but am not sure about the chunkier neckline.

1616011512661.png

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

From their IG:

It's definitely not standard, which I like because you can get the standard version plenty of other places. I think the collar is a nice detail that makes the sweater look more casual. That being said, I am not sure if I'd wear a sweater with this collar under tailoring. Another benefit of this collar is that it probably won't stretch out over time. Many people complain about collars on sweaters stretching out, but I have never had such problems on good sweaters and I have a very large head.

monkey66

Reaction score
I am also a fan. Have a few pairs of their trousers and will no doubt buy more. I tried the bw tweed jacket (I have the trousers and they are great) but sadly the fit was way off for me.

Nathan and the team are a pleasure to deal with.

Cavelery Twill today.

P1010197 copy.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics