• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the WAYWRN thread.

I was on the fence about the Maritngala coat for a long time but I am glad I got it in the end, very versatile.

IMG_9798.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would appear AI trousers are rather slim, based upon the hip measurements in my size. I've read one or two comments to that effect regarding their jackets, but is it people's experience that extends to their trousers?

FreshSalmon

Reaction score
It would appear AI trousers are rather slim, based upon the hip measurements in my size. I've read one or two comments to that effect regarding their jackets, but is it people's experience that extends to their trousers?
I have 3 pairs of trousers and find them to be a nice roomy fit.. that said I have bigger thighs so have to size up and pull the waist in with all my trousers and AI was no exception.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
I agree that their pants are fairly slim. I had a couple pairs of jeans and sold them cause they were slim with a lowish rise. Their casual chinos have a super low rise too. Like 9.5 inches or something. I’ve never worn their tailored trousers, but I can’t imagine they’d be vastly different. Overall I’d definitely say their stuff is a slimmer fit.

I love AIs color palette and fabrics , but I prefer Natalinos fit personally and I’m not even a big guy at all.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the Italian poplin shirts I've had have been fragile. Some have not been. Thomas Mason makes good poplins for my money, and you can get some from G Inglese (eg via No Man Walks Alone). I think Albini does some more substantial ones too.

Finamores have varied in my experience: it depends on which retailer they are made up for.

The problem seems generally to be that a lightweight poplin will seem fine and delicate, and therefore more 'luxurious', on the shelf. It does not stay that way. And as a poster said above, it creases during the day.

I've had two poplin Finamore shirts tear after being a tight fit. In one case I ended up hulking out of the shirt so it was left in tatters. A $400 shirt in the trash.

I contacted Finamore regarding this and they basically implied it was my fault for being American and therefore fat.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-posting here:

Looking for AI sale and return policy and came across this in the Terms of Service
have I missed something!!

SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION

Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at [email protected].

Paul Appleton and Adam Shama of Begbies Traynor were appointed Joint Administrators of Anglo-Italian Enterprises Limited on 3 November 2023. They are managing the affairs, business and property of the Company. The Joint Administrators act as agents of the Company and act without personal liability.

Last Updated: November 3rd, 2023

It's on the T&C page: https://angloitalian.com/pages/terms-and-conditions

Begbies Traynor is a business recovery, financial advisory and property services consultancy firm: https://www.begbies-traynorgroup.com/

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is worrying. I've just asked a lawyer friend of mine (who also lurks around here - hi mate!) and this may just mean they didn't pay a creditor which has led to an insolvency practitioner being appointed until the creditor is paid. Apparently, they will have to publish a report eventually which will go up on Companies House so we'll know what's going on but the deadlines for that are quite long.

They're still sending a newsletter and posting on Instagram though. And the shop is always full of people...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads