• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

    Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

    Good luck!.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

    Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

am55

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2014
Messages
4,956
Reaction score
4,665
I think Adam Driver as "Goldman Sachs VP turned billionaire accidentally" was actually a masterful and more credible villain in the new Star Wars franchise. As a former Marine and still in shape he also had physical credibility that is perhaps missing from some of the other options (cf David Prowse as Darth Vader, quite convincing at 1m98 and the muscle mass to carry it). Driver had this "I'm just chilling" friendly tone which suddenly surfaced the sociopath which is closer to my own experiences of such types, banality of evil and all that. The constant sadist act seen in the trailers is a little dull. But Villeneuve has to Villeneuve I guess.
 

Clouseau

Inspector
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
11,271
I think Adam Driver as "Goldman Sachs VP turned billionaire accidentally" was actually a masterful and more credible villain in the new Star Wars franchise. As a former Marine and still in shape he also had physical credibility that is perhaps missing from some of the other options (cf David Prowse as Darth Vader, quite convincing at 1m98 and the muscle mass to carry it). Driver had this "I'm just chilling" friendly tone which suddenly surfaced the sociopath which is closer to my own experiences of such types, banality of evil and all that. The constant sadist act seen in the trailers is a little dull. But Villeneuve has to Villeneuve I guess.
An interesting actor, he showed another face of evil in Leos Carax’s Annette. A must see.
 

Clouseau

Inspector
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
11,271
A belated happy Easter Guys !

IMG_7682.jpeg

(Picture taken at the James Cameron exhibition that started at the French cinémathèque a few days ago)
 

Clouseau

Inspector
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
11,271
I bought these this week I hadnt seen them before,very comfortable and lightweight,quite versatile.
cHpheGp6Ync
Very nice find !
Is it a side effect of Covid/Lockdowns, but like I almost never wear CM clothing now, I don’t wear much formal shoes either, and only bought various sneakers for a couple of years…

So my everyday shoe is 70% of the time a sneaker/sport shoe. The other 30% are usually a DM shoe. I walk really a lot, it explains the choice imo.
 

Swampster

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2020
Messages
514
Reaction score
682
I find that if I spend much time wearing trainers, my feet and legs hurt. That was a big part of why I began wearing (mostly) Derby shoes and boots. I am now a gentleman of leisure, but still wear 'proper' shoes most of the time. I'm sure that there are some trainers which would give me the right support, but there aren't many that are also wide enough for me.
If I'm not going to be walking around much, I have some Adidas VS Pace which are wide though not much support - I wear them almost like slippers. Nice range of colours so I bought four or five pairs.
 

Clouseau

Inspector
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
11,271
As i mentioned DMs...

i remember we had a few years ago a discusion on "Ultimate Martens" (not including vintage DMs or other brands like Solovair).

For @Botolph, they were his MiE Arthur Boots in Boanil leather... How are they now mate, still going strong ?
DM Arthur3.jpeg


For me they were and still are the MiE Steed shoes in Quilon leather, with the thinner soles. Best i had so far.
Suede 3.JPG
 
Last edited:

xeoniq

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
194
Reaction score
927
Very nice find !
Is it a side effect of Covid/Lockdowns, but like I almost never wear CM clothing now, I don’t wear much formal shoes either, and only bought various sneakers for a couple of years…

So my everyday shoe is 70% of the time a sneaker/sport shoe. The other 30% are usually a DM shoe. I walk really a lot, it explains the choice imo.
Getting a nice low key sneaker that isn't covered in logos or gaudy design details that works ok with casual menswear is a real challenge I think.
 

Clouseau

Inspector
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
6,344
Reaction score
11,271
Getting a nice low key sneaker that isn't covered in logos or gaudy design details that works ok with casual menswear is a real challenge I think.
From that point of view, the Onitsuka Tiger "Nippon made" Tai Chi i bought last year fill the bill. They are apparently sought after as they triple the price since!

IMG_3462.jpeg
 

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

  • Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

  • Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

  • No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

  • I don't wear fragrance


Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
508,662
Messages
10,603,866
Members
224,701
Latest member
gpaige11
Top