• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Berluti shoe thread

Leander walker

Reaction score
Looking nice and caring about appearance can be a partial antidote to the lugubrious attitudes that have prevailed in business the last year There is something uplifting about dressing nice rather than wearing sweats every day. But those Berluti shoes pictured are too spidermanish looking. There is more to life than zoom calls and ordering on amazon

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only model that appeals to me is the Andy. The rest are a bit fashion forward. I will say that visiting the NYC boutique is a pleasure and the customer service is excellent.

Leander walker

Reaction score
The Andy is a classic. There are a few fairly conservative styles but most styles and colours are too extreme for my taste. The briefcases are wonderful,though. And I certainly agree the store experience is excellent

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only model that appeals to me is the Andy. The rest are a bit fashion forward. I will say that visiting the NYC boutique is a pleasure and the customer service is excellent.
I really like the Andy...
It's the closest I've come to buying used shoes. There was a classified here and it was my size.
I stared at it for days, but in the end, I mentally can't stick my feet in used shoes. And these weren't "just tried them on once, it was a no go"...these were worn.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the Andy...
It's the closest I've come to buying used shoes. There was a classified here and it was my size.
I stared at it for days, but in the end, I mentally can't stick my feet in used shoes. And these weren't "just tried them on once, it was a no go"...these were worn.
I know that's not the point of your post but I really don't understand how there is a market for used shoes. I mean not like used I have bought them on sale and tried once at home but actually worn stuff.

nyc604

Reaction score
Seeking expertise from members.

I am usually a UK 7.5 / US 8.5 / IT 41.5 normal width in almost all brands (eg: Carmina and CJ).

Looking at a pair of Alessandro Spada Demesure with tag size 7.5. I understand this is UK 7.5 = US 8.5. But when I look at their size chart on Berluti website, it's only 40.5 IT. Various pages say their size is only 0.5 UK vs US. So this pair of UK7.5 is really only US 8.

Anyone has experience with the Alessandro Spada? Will it fit US 8.5?

Comments greatly appreciated.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeking expertise from members.

I am usually a UK 7.5 / US 8.5 / IT 41.5 normal width in almost all brands (eg: Carmina and CJ).

Looking at a pair of Alessandro Spada Demesure with tag size 7.5. I understand this is UK 7.5 = US 8.5. But when I look at their size chart on Berluti website, it's only 40.5 IT. Various pages say their size is only 0.5 UK vs US. So this pair of UK7.5 is really only US 8.

Anyone has experience with the Alessandro Spada? Will it fit US 8.5?

Comments greatly appreciated.

I don’t own any Berluti so please take this with a grain of salt.

the last time we were in NY, I played with the idea of getting the Andy loafer. I tried on various sizes and the last didn’t really seem to work for me. The Alessandro is a different shoe and your foot is different from mine, but my point in telling you this is that those numbers are meaningless.

There’s something about the lasts on those shoes that just makes them tough to figure out without actually trying them on. I’d recommend against buying them online.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about their sneakers?

I wear denim and sneakers ~300 days a year and am looking at the Playtime. I'm a complete noob to nice sneakers.

I think that it is insane to spend 1,100 dollars on a pair of sneakers that look worse than a pair of 20 dollar Shaq shoes.

Buying a sneaker from Berlutti? Just go buy a nice pair of casual Edward Greens and actually buy something good.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about their sneakers?

I wear denim and sneakers ~300 days a year and am looking at the Playtime. I'm a complete noob to nice sneakers.
I think that it is insane to spend 1,100 dollars on a pair of sneakers that look worse than a pair of 20 dollar Shaq shoes.

Buying a sneaker from Berlutti? Just go buy a nice pair of casual Edward Greens and actually buy something good.
go buy a $100 pair of sneakers and PM me and I'll give you my paypal and you can send me the other $1000 since you obviously have more money than you know what to do with!

BearStearns

Reaction score
Never knew that there was a Berluti thread on SF, I guess because it's so inactive. These have to be one of my favorite shoes that I own, I cannot help but constantly stare down at them whenever they’re on my feet.

camphoto_1254324197.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads