• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rxngyb

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.
Hi everyone, long time viewer of this forum. Decided to make an account today. Thank you

Hyacith

Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I'm Jamie - I've always been into jackets, mostly leather, but became more into fashion since moving to DC and working in a more conservative industry. Looking to learn more!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone -

I'm Jamie - I've always been into jackets, mostly leather, but became more into fashion since moving to DC and working in a more conservative industry. Looking to learn more!
Hi Jamie, I think that many here would agree that a good quality transitional leather jacket is a staple item. Welcome on board to the forum!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody. I'm Ismael, found out about this forum completely just by accident. I googled some resources related to style. I've always been interested in this for as long as I can remember. But in recent years I've been thinking a lot about changing my profession....
Hello Ismael, welcome to the forum!

spyke-52

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Spyke here. I stumbled upon this place while looking into vintage suits. I’m a t-shirt and jeans guy, but recently decided to buy a suit or two for going to church. While shopping at a thrift store, I found what I thought were vintage suits, and tried looking up info on their origin, and here I am. Anyone know where to start looking for info on these labels?
IMG_1258.jpeg
IMG_1261.jpeg
I’ve tried using the translate function on my phone, but came up empty. Any info would be appreciated

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Spyke here. I stumbled upon this place while looking into vintage suits. I’m a t-shirt and jeans guy, but recently decided to buy a suit or two for going to church. While shopping at a thrift store, I found what I thought were vintage suits, and tried looking up info on their origin, and here I am. Anyone know where to start looking for info on these labels? View attachment 2161619 View attachment 2161621 I’ve tried using the translate function on my phone, but came up empty. Any info would be appreciated
Hi Spyke, sorry but I can’t help you with your request. However, I can welcome you to the forum!

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been posting more frequently than I anticipated in the last 6 months (the account was dormant from creation date until then) that I think it's appropriate I introduce myself. I am a dude from Brazil with a British wife, and we're both moving to NYC soon. I've always researched the stuff I buy to an unhealthy extent, and many google searches pointed to SF threads. It wasn't a stretch until I started asking for advice in threads I created myself.

I might have amassed the biggest collection of selvedge denim and GYW shoes in the country in the last 6 months. Not to my merit, it's just that they haven't reached Brazilian shores yet. My bank account really took a hit. Now I'm venturing towards classic menswear, trying to find a way to dress it down and not cause too much of a scene for being "overdressed".

Guy in my avatar is a young Winston Churchill.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi
I've been posting more frequently than I anticipated in the last 6 months (the account was dormant from creation date until then) that I think it's appropriate I introduce myself. I am a dude from Brazil with a British wife, and we're both moving to NYC soon. I've always researched the stuff I buy to an unhealthy extent, and many google searches pointed to SF threads. It wasn't a stretch until I started asking for advice in threads I created myself.

I might have amassed the biggest collection of selvedge denim and GYW shoes in the country in the last 6 months. Not to my merit, it's just that they haven't reached Brazilian shores yet. My bank account really took a hit. Now I'm venturing towards classic menswear, trying to find a way to dress it down and not cause too much of a scene for being "overdressed".

Guy in my avatar is a young Winston Churchill.
Hi wolfdale, NYC is a treasure trove of menswear from top to bottom, including heritage wear, selvage denim & classic. Wishing you the best, enjoy NYC.

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi

Hi wolfdale, NYC is a treasure trove of menswear from top to bottom, including heritage wear, selvage denim & classic. Wishing you the best, enjoy NYC.

Thank you @Synio18!

I bet! Any recommendations apart from the usual as The Armoury, Self Edge…? Any thrift shops? I am indeed very excited for the move!!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Synio18!

I bet! Any recommendations apart from the usual as The Armoury, Self Edge…? Any thrift shops? I am indeed very excited for the move!!
Sure, check out Housing Works, Beacons Closet, L Train Vintage, follow Jake Wolf on Instagram. He has great information. There’s a high end men’s thrift shop in Brooklyn, they sell great quality mens vintage wear that you can have tailored. sorry the name escapes me. Jake introduced me to this shop. He might be able to assist you with this. As for selvage & American workwear inspired definitely check out Left Field located in Queens - worth the trip! Williamsburg Garment Co. & Fitted Underground are both absolutely unique. They’re ‘the places’ for real handmade custom selvage, etc. Similar to Left Field they’re independent small businesses & they’re great people to work with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads