• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

UNI/FORM (UNIFORM LA)- Official Affiliate Thread

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our denim program debuts tomorrow with the release of our Classic Slim Fit Denim. This is the slimmer of the two denim silhouettes we're releasing (the other is a Straight Fit). It's made in Los Angeles of a premium 13-ounce Japanese 3x1 denim. The denim has some stretch in it to accommodate the slimmer fit and allow it to keep it's shape (it's 98% cotton 2% elastane). We went on an exhaustive search to find a stretch denim that had some elastane in it, allowing it to stretch, while maintaining a 100% cotton denim feel. So many styles of stretch denim that we found felt akin to yoga pants when you pulled on them (which I absolutely hated).

We're releasing the Classic Slim Fit Denim in two washes: Palms and Black Rinse. Palms is named after our neighborhood in LA, where the denim program began and is ultimately being released. It's designed to replicate denim that’s been worn for years – fading with wear and wash. It has a number of dry processed details that have been done by hand including beautiful whiskers on the lap, honeycombs at the back of knee, and thigh fading with chevrons which have all been taken from vintage pairs. Black Rinse is a versatile pair of Black x Black denim that has undergone wash processing to soften it, remove shrink, and give it a beautiful matte finish. There is no distressing on the Black Rinse wash.

Both pairs feature a perfect slim tapered fit that pairs perfectly with our Classic Tailored Flannel.

You can view full measurements of the Classic Slim Fit Denim here: UNI/FORM Classic Slim Fit Denim Size Guide

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We just restocked the Souvenir Full Zip Hoodie in Black:

Souvenir Full Zip Hoodie / Black

This piece has been a customer favorite. After selling out on the initial drop, a number of you guys reached out asking for a restock and we listened. It's a made of a pampering 24-ounce American-milled fleece Terry and outfitted with a premium dual Riri M6 zipper. The Souvenir Fit is our middle fit, which is perfectly roomy while still looking refined. It pairs perfectly with the Sierra Compact Cargos and upcoming BDU Japanese Camo Cargos and Straight Fit Denim.

Last edited:

Xam

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a heather gray pullover hoodie in Medium from a while back that I'm now looking to part with. It's served me well for a while but just don't find myself needing a hoodie much these days! Nice condition, don't see any stains.

I paid $108 for it - will ship it out to someone for $35 dlvd. Figured I'd try here before throwing it in the donate pile.

Also, glad to see ULA still crushing it - lots of great stuff here...

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wanted to share with you the preorder for our Chillicothe Work Jacket.

This project is an homage to my dad, Steve, who is the hardest working man I've ever met. The reference for the jacket was the Detroit Work Jacket from Carhatt, a historically blue-collar town in the midwest. It felt most authentic, in honor of him, to name it after the town he was born in, has given a lot to, and spent the majority of his life in. This project is extremely close to my heart.

This piece has been in the works for nearly two years and represents the pinnacle of LA garment manufacturing. Each piece passes through multiple hands and undergoes a number of processes before it's finished. The premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas outers are first constructed in our studio as just a canvas shell. All seams are reinforced before they're sent out to be hand distressed and undergo a meticulous wash process that produces an authentic vintage wash. Each piece is designed to replicate vintage workwear that's been worn for years.

While they are undergoing the wash process, we quilt the premium Japanese Bemberg lining to a Primaloft Gold insulation here in LA at one of two facilities in the US that is capable of doing this. Once we receive the jackets back from the wash house, each jacket is opened up by hand in our studio and fully lined with the luxurious quilted liner. The heavy Italian calf skin collar is added and the heavy-duty dual Riri M8 zipper is installed. When sewing is complete, we send them out to have Italian Cobrax Zero Snap hardware applied to the cuffs and waist. Once that is complete, they head back for finishing, where they're pressed, bagged, tagged, and sent to you.

Every detail of this jacket has been obsessed over with the goal of making an instant classic.

There has been a ton of interest from our community in this project. As a thank you for your support through the years, we're opening a preorder and offering the Chillicothe Work Jacket at a discount vs retail for our community here. The preorder will stay open until tomorrow night (Sunday) or until all the pieces are sold out. It's available in three beautiful colors: Brick, Black, and Seaweed.

UNI:FORM Chillicothe Work Jacket in Seaweed and Straight Fit Denim on Charles Jackson in Studi...png

Full links to the preorder are here:

Chillicothe Work Jacket / Black
Chillicothe Work Jacket / Brick
Chillicothe Work Jacket / Seaweed

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know a number of you guys have been following the development of the denim program since the beginning. It's been three years in the making, from initially sourcing denim to finally debuting everything, and I'm so excited for you to see the finished product.

Tomorrow (2/24) at 10AM (PST), we're dropping our straight fit denim, the Dillon Straight Fit Denim and Relaxed Type III Trucker Jacket. Both pieces are made of our 100% cotton 14-ounce premium Japanese denim and are designed to pair perfectly together. They're debuting in two washes; Dune and Black Rinse. Dune is a beautiful sun-kissed vintage indigo wash that has been meticulously designed to replicate vintage denim that's been faded through years of hard wear under intense sun. Black Rinse is a beautiful matte black (with no distressing), elegant in its simplicity.

UNI:FORM Relaxed Type III Trucker Jacket in Dune, Cropped Tee in White Sane and Dillon Straigh...png

The Relaxed Type III Trucker is the first of two Type III Jackets that we're releasing. The other silhouette is the Classic Type III Trucker Jacket (which is the more tailored of the two). The Relaxed Type III has a perfect relaxed fit that's easy to wear and pairs perfectly with straight or loose fitting bottoms. A closet staple, it's perfect with just a tee for a timeless look or layered over a sweatshirt on colder days.

UNI:FORM Relaxed Type III Trucker Jacket in Dune, Cropped Tee in White Sane and Dillon Straigh...png

The Dillon Straight Fit Denim features a perfect straight fit and timeless 5-pocket styling. They have a straight leg that is wide enough to work over boots while remaining perfectly proportioned to pair with your favorite sneakers. A closet staple (and personal favorite), I'm excited for you guys to get these in hand.

Here are the charts for both pieces. We recommend taking the same size you take in the Classic Slim Fit Denim for the Dillon Straight Fit. True to size is the move in the Relaxed Type III Trucker Jacket.

Dillon Straight Fit Denim Size Guide

Relaxed Type III Trucker Jacket Size Guide

If you guys have any questions, please let me know. I'll post links here once they're live.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Our first thermal release, the Archive Relaxed Thermal is now live. This is a premium 22-ounce American thermal that we developed. It's inspired by vintage military thermals and was designed to balance comfort and durability (which is what we've come to be known for). Similar to our French Terry developments, we used all premium yarns to achieve a fabric that's soft, substantial, breathable, and insanely comfortable.

It features a perfect relaxed fit that's slightly cropped. It's meant to be layered over your favorite Classic Crew Neck, Vintage Crew Neck, Legacy Tee, or Artist Tee for an effortless layered look. It pairs perfectly with a tee and pair of sweats for a cozy day in or can be dressed up with your favorite pair of jeans for a buttoned up night out. I've been wear testing this piece for months now and it's become a personal favorite.

The neckline and cuffs are made of a substantial rib with elastane that are designed to hold their shape wash after wash. A number of you guys mentioned that you've been looking for a premium thermal with a snug neckline. We built this piece with that in mind, outfitting it with a timeless crew neck that's snug and comfortable.

It's available in four color ways:
Archive Relaxed Thermal / Bone
Archive Relaxed Thermal / Mocha
Archive Relaxed Thermal / Fog
Archive Relaxed Thermal / Black

emptym

Reaction score
Does anyone have the full zip? I really like the cypress color but am wondering if the dropped shoulders affect mobility or anything, and would love to hear from anyone who has one.

UNIFORMLA

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have the full zip? I really like the cypress color but am wondering if the dropped shoulders affect mobility or anything, and would love to hear from anyone who has one.
I'll let others who have it chime in, but the dropped shoulder shouldn't affect mobility at all. I've been wearing a Studio Full Zip a lot in the past few months. The fit is very comfortable and great to throw on when you get chilly. The welt pockets on the front are nice as they safely hold your keys/wallet/etc much more securely and comfortably than a kangaroo pocket would.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you know, we are roughly the same build, a little extra height on your end, a tiny bit of cake on mine. My daughter is 5'4" and about 140. We both wear a men's M (L is actually better for me if I don't want a bit of pulling across the shoulders. the M is slightly oversized on her, but she has gymnast shoulders), and we can test drive new jiujitsu techniques in them, so I think you are are good on mobility.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads