• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3. E.Thomas produced a beautiful fabric a couple of years ago in a subtle herringbone donegal 90wool/10cashmere fabric that was breath taking. If you would find a similar fabric and make sport coats in navy, moss/forrest green and/or dark/chocolate brown with a Neapolitan cut, I might have to purchase them all. Please see attached pic of the navy fabric. I tried to hide the vendor affiliation in the pic provided. Let me know if it violates the rules and I will delete it.
That is a gorgeous fabric. Would definitely be all over a true navy herringbone jacket like this.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a gorgeous fabric. Would definitely be all over a true navy herringbone jacket like this.
Here's the brown version. I need a navy, brown and dark/bottle green version of each in my life.

Attachments

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's the brown version. I need a navy, brown and dark/bottle green version of each in my life.
thanks. I find the white specking distracting on the brown herringbone but just my opinion; for some reason it seems more subtle on the navy jacket you posted earlier.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks. I find the white specking distracting on the brown herringbone but just my opinion; for some reason it seems more subtle on the navy jacket you posted earlier.
It's a tad more subdued in reality. The specking is actually tan. Here's another pic. But definitely more visible in the brown than the navy.

Attachments

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, owning both those jackets (and the brown being my pic actually), they're different.
the brown is actual donegal tweed, though it's not a heavy tweed so it's wearable in only mild winter weather. no herringbone pattern.
the e.thomas navy faux-donegal herringbone is fantastic. soft, beautiful, textured but just looks navy from afar.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
Please fix the website

@spiermackay @SpierTeam

Last edited:

drfwtx

Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
I’ve been fortunate to grab most of the greatest hits, but I think it would be cool to bring back some back with most updated Neapolitan, such as the first moon gun club tweed from FW17/18. And probably the gun club from the next season too (red overcheck).

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
actually, owning both those jackets (and the brown being my pic actually), they're different.
the brown is actual donegal tweed, though it's not a heavy tweed so it's wearable in only mild winter weather. no herringbone pattern.
the e.thomas navy faux-donegal herringbone is fantastic. soft, beautiful, textured but just looks navy from afar.
Thanks for clarifying. I had the navy but let it go as the fit wasn't spot on. I have something similar from another maker, but not in a cashmere blend. I remember the cloth as being very soft and rich in colour. In any case, I'd love to get my hands on sport coats in those fabrics.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.6%
  • 8”

Votes: 102 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%