• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

pyunghwa

Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
Definitely the balmacaan in a brown herringbone and/or a smaller houndstooth/check. The herringbone was nice but the check was too loud.

Also a A-1 jacket, now that you’ve sourced a nice suede :)

pyunghwa

Reaction score
Definitely the balmacaan in a brown herringbone and/or a smaller houndstooth/check. The herringbone was nice but the check was too loud.

Also a A-1 jacket, now that you’ve sourced a nice suede :)
Oh, and bring back the long sleeve polos in button down. The original collars seemed a bit too small. I feel the collar length for the dress shirts are perfect.

kurn

Reaction score
+1 for long sleeve polos. Obviously with a better pattern than the last run, but they HAVE to happen
Yes please on long sleeve polos again. Also, if there is a way to use the older polo fabric that would be great. This past year's fabric shrunk too much even with cold wash and hang dry. Unfortunately, i'm already in xxl so I can't order up.

konix

Reaction score
@spiermackay

pure linen jacket from solbiati
shawl collar tux
heavy twill high rise trousers

additional stock of popular items would be nice as well. Those stone covet high rise trousers sold out in my size before i found out they were even on the website.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long sleeve polos again in the same pattern and cut. They are perfect and fit much better than the short sleeves. I think most people's lone complaint was that they were perhaps a touch long in the sleeves .25" shorter and we are golden.

Casual jackets (field, safari) and overshirts would be a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

Oh, and corduroy khakis that don't have the screwed up sizing. No more uber slim cut please on khakis!

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Long sleeve polos again in the same pattern and cut. They are perfect and fit much better than the short sleeves. I think most people's lone complaint was that they were perhaps a touch long in the sleeves .25" shorter and we are golden.

Casual jackets (field, safari) and overshirts would be a welcome addition to my wardrobe.

Oh, and corduroy khakis that don't have the screwed up sizing. No more uber slim cut please on khakis!
+1 to casual jackets like field and safari. I'd love to get some heavy fabric safari jackets into my wardrobe (perhaps with belts too).

I'd also like to see some belted overcoats, kind of like the Eidos belted Carlo coat.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
Dark brown flannel suit or separates, like the Fox Bros flannel jacket from this year. Whole suit!
Re-do of the Stone Coverts, which SO in my size too quickly

HCapLonghorn

Reaction score
Received my first S&M suit (Guabello bright navy, 42R) and 2 pairs of trousers (36)- all contemporary fit. Oddly enough, the suit pants are bigger in the waist than the trousers - is this normal? I'm having my tailor size take an inch out.

Other than that, the jacket looks great, required no alternations, and I'm quite impressed at the price. Odd trousers fit better than BB 1818 Regent- 1/2" lower rise is part of it for my taste. I do think the inside of the odd trousers is better finished by BB, not sure that really matters.

Probably the worst part of the experience was the quality of the box used (got here, not by much) and the plastic could be thicker as it had holes from the hangars presumably.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%