• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hopsack74

Reaction score
For those who own the cable knit crew sweaters, how's the fitment? Are the torso of the sweaters short like the turtle necks? How's the wool holding up against pilling?

walkinginplace

Reaction score
Going to beat the drum for the zillionth time on more casualwear offerings, like five-pocket twill pants, patterned button down collar sport shirts, maybe woven belts, maybe light jersey polos, etc.

Seems like an obvious expansion at this point, especially after the five-pocket cords and t-shirts last year.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you! Do you think taking the waist in 2-4 inches would be possible without ruining the look?
2" no problem. Have them reduce from all 3 seams evenly.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay I have a glaring lack of navy in my wardrobe. I would love a heavier weight solid navy flannel sportcoat, and some sort of a navy textured jacket such as a Tonal Donegal or herringbone. A lot the navy offerings by Spier have skewed lighter than I would like.

A solid chocolate brown jacket made out of a dense wool/cashmere fabric (I have a Stile Latino like this that sadly is too small). Something like a boiled wool or soft tweed could work.
Skewed lighter in colour or in weight?

ninzer33

Reaction score
Nothing specific in items, but please stock more trousers in 32 Contemporary. I missed out on all the good seasonal trousers this past FW :(

SteveMc

Reaction score
Gents, it's that time of year. We're working on FW20 - actually I'm behind a bit with placing fabric orders.

So what would you like to see for FW20

Kindly remember not to post pics of products from other forum affiliates!
1. Long sleeve polo
2. Pullover dress shirt

MellonC

Reaction score
- More Neapolitan suits in 130+ count fabric
Cashmere, Cashmere blend, silk blend, more vibrant color v-necks in wool and/or silk
- Rain mac or jackets. Can we incorporate Gore-Tex or something technical in the fabric?
- Linen/Silk combo or Linen/Modal or Linen/Tencel combo shirts, jackets and pants.
- Jeans with just a touch of elastane in them. Light, mid, dark in various inseams. Shorter rise with somewhat larger leg opening. Brooks Brothers Milano cut comes to mind.

Suggestions in general
- Slim trousers that have somewhat wider leg openings (the current slim is way too tight on the calves) but the contemporary is too roomy around the arse and too long of a rise.
- Stretchable waistband on trousers. Works wonders on side tab trousers.
- Non iron fabric dress shirts that don't shrink out of the dryer.
- Regular cut dress shirts that don't have a huge waist drop.
- Long ties over 59 inches

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%