• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really dig the grey, but I'm also the boring type haha.
Can i ask what your regular suit size is? All the product descriptions for S&M Coats say to take your normal suit size as they are already sized to fit a blazer/suit underneath but the few responses I've seen, everyone has been sizing up.
Did you size up as well? I'm looking to purchase my first S&M wool/cashmere overcoat in charcoal gray

I’m a 40R contemporary in the sportcoats and sized up to a 42 in these.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised the Moon brown herringbone is not getting more love, still a bunch of sizes up. Don't think it's Shetland like the web says but it has a visual effect like it is while being buttery soft like one would expect from merino.

75199984_736613286857191_890936067283222528_n.jpg

dluce76

Reaction score
Did you just do some minor tweaks to the measurements off the standard sizing? What went wrong? I'm curious to know as I'm anxiously waiting for my MTO.
Yep minor tweaks. I based the waist off a jacket that was a bit too tight and I forgot I had it taken in a bit. So when I went to make the waist larger on the MTO, I didn't account for that original taking in. My fault.

mikeykx

Reaction score
Is anyone getting the Commuter Parka? I cant help but think the sizing chart looks really off, ex. Medium (size 40) has chest size of 48 inches? The parka looks really good but I don;t understand the sizing...

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is anyone getting the Commuter Parka? I cant help but think the sizing chart looks really off, ex. Medium (size 40) has chest size of 48 inches? The parka looks really good but I don;t understand the sizing...

Sounds about right to me. Made to fit roomy and comfortable over multiple layers. You don't want something like that fitting too closely.

(Actually, I don't really know what I'm talking about since I live in Houston and have no use for such a jacket. Looks cool though.)

adelorenzo

Reaction score
Trying to find stuff in my size but the filters on the site don't work and show mostly items that are not in my size. I'm assuming this is normal/known issue? Any tricks to get around it? Clicking through every single item gets old pretty fast.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to find stuff in my size but the filters on the site don't work and show mostly items that are not in my size. I'm assuming this is normal/known issue? Any tricks to get around it? Clicking through every single item gets old pretty fast.
Welcome to Spier-style e-commerce. There are treasures, but you need to be like Indiana Jones in there to find them.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads