• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The navy cashmere one. I also liked the teal barleycorn and thought about getting that one instead since it does seem to lean more casual to me, but due to its heavier weight I wasn't sure how often I'd wear it since it doesn't get that cold here in Atlanta (cold spike here and there, but nothing constant and punishing). Figured the relatively lighter weight of the navy would have been more then suitable down here, but hesitated due to the lapel style and placement of the top buttons.
If you dig it, buy it up man.

I do know that cashmere runs warmer than wool though, so it may very well run warm.

I'd call up S&M and ask them to see how the warmth compares between the wool and wool/cashmere coats.

kongmw

Reaction score
hoping to pull the trigger on a balmacaan but the code's not working for me (COATS20, all caps or all lower case), anyone else?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teal coat ordered! Also, wearing my Moon gray tweed pants for thr first time today, with an MTM Oxford. Excellent combo.

Raw

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with last seasons polo coats and this years? I’m thinking about grabbing another one (I have the navy from last year) but want to know how they fit. The official word from Spier last year was to go with your normal jacket size, which I did. I LOVE it, but, I find it to be far too snug in the shoulders/chest when I wear a jacket underneath and I believe I wasn’t the only one. I’m worried that if I go with my normal size again I will have the same problem. Hoping there’s someone out there who can shed some light on how these ones fit compared to last years.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, minor suggestion for outerwear.

Some kind of a flannel cotton lining for pockets would be nice vs. bemberg.

Bemberg is not warm to stuff your hands into. Not sure what they did this year.

jch1

Reaction score
Could someone chime in on the fill rating of the parka?

jermyzy

Reaction score
Sweet. I was just thinking I need a new overcoat as my current ones are great when wearing just a shirt/sweater, but tight when wearing a sportscoat. Zanieri Brown Houndstooth incoming!

kinda sad - 99% of my wardrobe is either S&M or SS, lol

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.