• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May pull the trigger on a coat now. How warm is the parka? Heading to Chicago in a week so thinking of picking it up. Seems like an awesome price, especially with the 20% off promo.

adelorenzo

Reaction score
I ordered three pairs of pants today, so we'll see how size 35 contemporary works for my runner's legs. It's always an adventure to see if a pair is going to work for my hips, thighs, and calves.

Hope it works out for you but their pants fit very slim fitting (especially in the calves) and low rise. I have athletic legs and even going up two sizes in the waist they don't work well for me. I've tried a made-to-order pair to see if I can get something that works, but I am expecting I'll have to take the waist in even more once they arrive.

jch1

Reaction score
May pull the trigger on a coat now. How warm is the parka? Heading to Chicago in a week so thinking of picking it up. Seems like an awesome price, especially with the 20% off promo.
Even if you ordered right now, I wouldn't be all that confident that you'd receive it before your trip.

A.D.

Reaction score
Please remember that you ask the seller to commit a crime when you ask them to lie regarding the value. It is also unfair for swedish stores that you shop VAT free.

Guess you're right about that.
I believe prioritizing better would allow VAT (among other things) to be significantly lower, while still maintaining a high standard. But I didn't sign up here to talk politics, nor do I believe this is the right thread, so I'll refrain from doing so any further.

nietorpyehw

Reaction score
I was your weight and similar height almost two years ago. The extra slim-fit was a perfect fit OTR. Armholes on the slimmer fits are higher than the contemporary fit.

Were your arm movements constricted too much? I saw one of your old posts where you mentioned you also have a 'V' shaped torso.

ikir

Reaction score
Can someone confirm length of peacoats? Is 38R really 29.5" long? I am 6' 1" and I am afraid it would not cover my bottom :)

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo coats looking juicy

I think the exploded gun-check is the winner of the season

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the navy DB overcoat but unsure about the style, as I'd like to wear it casually also. Would it be too formal to wear with jeans/chinos?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were your arm movements constricted too much? I saw one of your old posts where you mentioned you also have a 'V' shaped torso.

Nope. Movement was fine. At 170 your shoulders won't be pulling or tugging at the seams. I'm much bulkier in size than I was back then. I can only fit in a contemporary shirt now (for the chest; I bring the waist in).

EDIT: Just to give more info. A 15.5/35 extra-slim was what I would wear before; now I wear 16/35 contemporary.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting the navy DB overcoat but unsure about the style, as I'd like to wear it casually also. Would it be too formal to wear with jeans/chinos?

It will look good!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads