• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
View attachment 899595

Bought some slim fit shirts during Black Friday and mail forwarded them to Australia.

Fits like a tent - larger than Charles Tyrwhitt's extra slim fit. :eek:

Going to pony up and pay for alterations though (sleeve width, armhole and sides/back) because the quality is definitely there, whereas with Charles Tyrwhitt I'd just put up with an imperfect fit in the sleeves (DIY darts in the back for $0).

:) I look forward to when you release some true slim fit shirts - it would be nice to see slimmer sleeves/smaller armholes (then I could get away with just back DIY back darts if necessary).

Dude--CT extra slim fit is insanely slim. You can't just proclaim that something "fits like a tent" just because it isn't as slim as CT ESF.

Serious question: are you anorexic?

And CT extra slim fit already has darts, so what are you even talking about?

If you seriously need to alter your S&M shirts to be smaller in the sleeves, armhole, and waist, maybe you just need to order a smaller size???

ndrew

Reaction score
Dude--CT extra slim fit is insanely slim. You can't just proclaim that something "fits like a tent" just because it isn't as slim as CT ESF.

Serious question: are you anorexic?

And CT extra slim fit already has darts, so what are you even talking about?

I'm a twig, but not anorexic - thanks for your qualified medical opinion buddy.

CT ESF darts the lower back - I'm taking in more fabric, as well as a longer dart to take in excess fabric throughout the whole back. CT have a new super slim shirt but the sleeve width is mismatched with how tight the body fits (targeting the bros who bicep curl every day I guess).

I think you need to chillax mate... :p I'm talking about how a shirt fits, not what your nose looks like.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm a twig, but not anorexic - thanks for your qualified medical opinion buddy.

CT ESF darts the lower back - I'm taking in more fabric, as well as a longer dart to take in excess fabric throughout the whole back. CT have a new super slim shirt but the sleeve width is mismatched with how tight the body fits (targeting the bros who bicep curl every day I guess).

I think you need to chillax mate... :p I'm talking about how a shirt fits, not what your nose looks like.

I didn't offer a qualified medical opinion--I simply asked a question.

Darts are supposed to take in the lower back only... not the upper back. If you need both upper and lower back reduced, then order a smaller size. Or go MTM as has been suggested. But don't **** on a perfectly good product just because it doesn't fit your... unique proportions. :rolleyes2:

ndrew

Reaction score
I didn't offer a qualified medical opinion--I simply asked a question.

Darts are supposed to take in the lower back only... not the upper back. If you need both upper and lower back reduced, then order a smaller size. Or go MTM as has been suggested. But don't **** on a perfectly good product just because it doesn't fit your... unique proportions. :rolleyes2:

Think we started off on the wrong foot. Hopefully no hard feelings.

MTM is probably the next step depending on if shipping to Australia is possible ... otherwise I'll have to hunt around in my own backyard for MTM. Preference would be to go with S&M if shipping can be sorted out since I've received my shirts and I'm more than happy with the quality.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Think we started off on the wrong foot. Hopefully no hard feelings.

MTM is probably the next step depending on if shipping to Australia is possible ... otherwise I'll have to hunt around in my own backyard for MTM. Preference would be to go with S&M if shipping can be sorted out since I've received my shirts and I'm more than happy with the quality.

What irks me is that you have a 1 in 1,000 body type, but you're posting as if you have a normal body/proportions. You're telling Rick to release "true slim fit" shirts as if most people won't find his current offerings acceptable. This type of narrow-minded complaining isn't helpful. It'd be like if I was 7 feet tall and I went around complaining in affiliate threads that the ties they are selling are way too short.

ndrew

Reaction score
What irks me is that you have a 1 in 1,000 body type, but you're posting as if you have a normal body/proportions. You're telling Rick to release "true slim fit" shirts as if most people won't find his current offerings acceptable. This type of narrow-minded complaining isn't helpful. It'd be like if I was 7 feet tall and I went around complaining in affiliate threads that the ties they are selling are way too short.

I deeply and sincerely apologise for my comment which brought so much offence and distress to you.

I will look into MTM which @infinidox so kindly suggested.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I deeply and sincerely apologise for my comment which brought so much offence and distress to you.

I will look into MTM which @infinidox so kindly suggested.

Your snark and sarcasm win you no style points.

MTM should have been evident as the proper avenue for you without anyone having to "so kindly" suggest it.

Or, as I mentioned, maybe you're simply ordering a size too large. Some men just beginning their sartorial journey can't tolerate the snugness of a properly fitting dress shirt collar at first. So perhaps you're ordering a 15 when you're really a 14.5.

exfalso

Reaction score
I like how the last half of the sentence contradicts the first half.

All these snarky comments aside, it just seems to happen annoyingly too often (hence the response) that one believes OTR garments should fit him while he is simply not shaped like a normal person.

Honestly, if CT extra slim fit isn’t slim enough for you, @ndrew, I don’t think you should expect any OTR shirts in the world to fit you in the first place (unless they changed their fit recently). Or you’re wearing a wrong size. It’s hard to say without a photo.

ndrew

Reaction score
I like how the last half of the sentence contradicts the first half.

All these snarky comments aside, it just seems to happen annoyingly too often (hence the response) that one believes OTR garments should fit him while he is simply not shaped like a normal person.

Honestly, if CT extra slim fit isn’t slim enough for you, @ndrew, I don’t think you should expect any OTR shirts in the world to fit you in the first place (unless they changed their fit recently). Or you’re wearing a wrong size. It’s hard to say without a photo.

Well, I acknowledged that we may have started off on the wrong foot, and that MTM would be best for me, but we continue on so...

14.5 collar in Charles Tyrwhitt/S&M/TM Lewin, anything less and the collar label would read "asphyxiation".

@RickyTakhar - definitely, I should've delved past the "slim" label (no sarcasm or snark - honesty here). I definitely rate the S&M quality and like I said, these shirts are worth paying for alteration costs.

Next stop MTM (after I get these shirts altered). :)

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 899595

Bought some slim fit shirts during Black Friday and mail forwarded them to Australia.

Fits like a tent - larger than Charles Tyrwhitt's extra slim fit. :eek: [Edit: sorry to see my comment has offended someone apparently.]

Going to pony up and pay for alterations though (sleeve width, armhole and sides/back) because the quality is definitely there, whereas with Charles Tyrwhitt I'd just put up with an imperfect fit in the sleeves (DIY darts in the back for $0).

:) I look forward to when you release some true slim fit shirts - it would be nice to see slimmer sleeves/smaller armholes (then I could get away with just back DIY back darts if necessary).

What size did you purchase. You can contact [email protected] for shipping rates to Australia.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I caved :brick:.

Dark rinsed denim shirt, here I come!

Hopefully that and the new mid-wash will be enough for me (probably not)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads