• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hafdisarson
The 44L Neo jacket I’m wearing today is 83.25cm from collar top straight down the back seam.
B5DFCEEA-85B8-404E-80AF-6355B5816A5E.jpeg

hafdisarson

Reaction score
Neapolitan cut is a bit longer as James said. I think it should be fine. :slayer:
@hafdisarson
The 44L Neo jacket I’m wearing today is 83.25cm from collar top straight down the back seam.
View attachment 1561709

My MTO Suit Supply is 83 cm from top of collar straight down the back so I'm sure 44L will fit me just fine. Thank you very much, I sure do appreciate the help!

Message me when you want to part with a jacket, you too @Betelgeuse :)

All the best,

omgitswes

Reaction score
I'm 6-2 and find the 44L plenty long enough. I believe @omgitswes is taller, he takes 44L as well. Note, the Neo cuts are a bit longer, you might try one of them first. I think you will be fine, but if it doesn't suit you you can return it --return shipping is on the house for your first jacket.
edit: also, its easy to add an inch in length if you need it via MTO, but try an OTR 44L Neo first.

Yup, I’m about 6’3 or 4 and a 44L too. Like everyone else said the Neo’s length work the best. Also for my custom suits/jackets I still do neo but add a couple inches to that.

This is a standard neo compared to one of the MTM ones where I added about 2”. Don’t have great “fit” pictures of the MTM one but you can kind of see the difference

6D37469C-9235-4544-8826-B68702B3A756.jpeg

512D52F2-364A-4856-A8FA-DDBBCD6EEA54.jpeg

hafdisarson

Reaction score
Yup, I’m about 6’3 or 4 and a 44L too. Like everyone else said the Neo’s length work the best. Also for my custom suits/jackets I still do neo but add a couple inches to that.

This is a standard neo compared to one of the MTM ones where I added about 2”. Don’t have great “fit” pictures of the MTM one but you can kind of see the difference

View attachment 1561717

View attachment 1561719

Thanks man! That second picture is a beauty!

Imperatores

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the cable knits are strictly seasonal items, but have the regular merino knits been a FW drop only in the past? I can't quite remember. I'm hoping to see some more long sleeve knit polos in particular. Some lighter colors like cream and light/mid gray would be very useful.

Bacharini

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the cable knits are strictly seasonal items, but have the regular merino knits been a FW drop only in the past? I can't quite remember. I'm hoping to see some more long sleeve knit polos in particular. Some lighter colors like cream and light/mid gray would be very useful.
We want moar knit polos!

RajunCajun

Reaction score
I didn't search previous posts so if this a double question please bear with me. I see the shoes are 20% off. I'm eyeing a pair of burgundy loafers. Any thoughts on S&M's shoe quality (particularly this shoe)?

wildcat10

Reaction score
I didn't search previous posts so if this a double question please bear with me. I see the shoes are 20% off. I'm eyeing a pair of burgundy loafers. Any thoughts on S&M's shoe quality (particularly this shoe)?

Looking at the same shoes myself. It looks like a few of thread contributors have the loafers and are happy with them: @Burzan , @saskatoonjay , @Yinzer

I am particularly interested in the sizing. I've never purchased shoes from S&M, and going with loafers as my first pair may be a bit of a risk, since I'm super-picky with loafer sizing.

milktoast

Reaction score
20% off shoes is uber tempting -- particular as I'm considering loafers. However, sizing still worries the fudge out of me with online shoe orders. :(

ULCajun

Reaction score
20% off shoes is uber tempting -- particular as I'm considering loafers. However, sizing still worries the fudge out of me with online shoe orders. :(
When shoes first came out there was a free one time return similar to sport coats and suits. Not sure if they still offer it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads