• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dehu1515

Reaction score
thanks guys for the quick response on the collar stays. appreciate it.

btw the shirts fit nicely and the quality is pretty good. hopefully they won't shrink too much.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We are in the middle of fabric sourcing for FW trousers. Any requests?

We are working on some Donegal Tweeds, Flannels, Nailhead right now.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regrettably, I can't squeeze any more trousers into my closet. However, might you be able to scout out some donegal and tweed for the FW release of this seemingly fantastic new jacket shape?

Selfishly, I'll put my vote in for a dark green donegal and an oatmeal/tan classic herringbone tweed.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regrettably, I can't squeeze any more trousers into my closet. However, might you be able to scout out some donegal and tweed for the FW release of this seemingly fantastic new jacket shape?

Selfishly, I'll put my vote in for a dark green donegal and an oatmeal/tan classic herringbone tweed.

This sounds delicious. As for flannel, try for something a bit thicker and softer than last year's fabric. It was ok but not great, not really a FW weight.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love it if you could re-run the worsted mid-gray flannel from last year. Woolens are nice but wear out easily and keeping some staples on hand is always nice. What I'd really love to find is a pair of odd navy wool trousers, probably a herringbone or donegal tweed of some sort. I don't have navy trousers because they look like suit separates, but I think in the right fabric it can look appropriate. Anybody seen something similar from Epaulet?

Cavalry twills are great, I have a beige and chocolate brown pair and if you're looking to add a fabric outside of the donegal/tweed family to your F/W stable this is a great choice IMO. I think a pair in beige, brown, or olive would sell nicely. Likewise moleskin. Honestly though I'm pretty solid on F/W trousers and I don't know what I'll pick up for sure beyond another mid-gray worsted.

Hof

Reaction score
+1 on the navy odd trousers for FW. I think the other fabrics you're proposing in bringing it would work nicely into my rotation.

For what it's worth, I liked the weight of the flannels last year. My office gets stupid hot in the winter, apparently everyone dresses for warmer weather, even at -20.

jamie411

Reaction score
I'd like to see some patterns - houndstooth, Glen plaid, windowpane, etc in different fabrics - flannel, tweed, etc.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Flannel weights up a bit. Although last years weight makes them a great 3 season trouser.

Tweed would be great, please line at least until knee. Love tweed. An indigo donegal would be great.

Navy windowpane flannel
Charcoal windowpane flannel
Burgundy flannel
Deep green flannel
Shepherds check flannel
Houndstooth flannel

roquesoon

Reaction score
Something in stone or a cool cream would be great. Either flannel or moleskin. I've had a really tough time finding something like that.

02///M3

Reaction score

If you wear a tie, it's not too much of an issue, you get a softer collar look/feel. When worn open, the stays add support to keep the collar up. Without them, they can limp.

That makes sense, thanks.

On an unrelated note, is it possible on custom orders to ask the factory to wash and dry the fabric first before cutting the shirt to reduce/eliminate shrinkage? It's harder to nail down your measurements when you have to account for various amounts of shrinkage depending on fabric, method of washing, etc.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That makes sense, thanks.

On an unrelated note, is it possible on custom orders to ask the factory to wash and dry the fabric first before cutting the shirt to reduce/eliminate shrinkage? It's harder to nail down your measurements when you have to account for various amounts of shrinkage depending on fabric, method of washing, etc.

It can be done. Just request it in the notes at checkout if ordering online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads