• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've already started some development for FW 2015. We are expanding into some outerwear.

Here is our prototype take on the peacoat. We didn't want to copy exactly the authentic style, as you can get that anywhere. This is a bit more "dressed up". The cloth is a 410 gsm brushed wool, not the heavy melton of an original. Still warm, but like a top coat kinda warm.

We are thinking of opening the gap between the collar and lapel slightly and dropping the angle down of the collar/lapel as well.
Ignore the crazy colour of the quilted lining.

SYQ

Reaction score
Also, quickly. Can anyone weigh in on the fit/quality of Spier & Mackay dress shirts v. CT? Will S&M have any relatively conservative, light blue, FC dress shirts in stock in the near future?

zinc2162

Reaction score

We've already started some development for FW 2015. We are expanding into some outerwear. Here is our prototype take on the peacoat. We didn't want to copy exactly the authentic style, as you can get that anywhere. This is a bit more "dressed up". The cloth is a 410 gsm brushed wool, not the heavy melton of an original. Still warm, but like a top coat kinda warm. We are thinking of opening the gap between the collar and lapel slightly and dropping the angle down of the collar/lapel as well. Ignore the crazy colour of the quilted lining.
Looks good. I would be interested in overcoat as well.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this jacket: http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/2963_brown__orange_check_sportcoat

At this price, it's really hard to beat the value. Very nice soft half canvass construction, good pattern matching. Nice silhouette too: the jacket is not as short as many nowadays and the cut is slim but not ridiculously tight.

The colours are a bit brighter than the stock photo and the fabric is quite light. This makes it perfect for warmer, sunnier weather.

It is a hard 3-2 roll as you can see on the picture, the third (top) button and buttonhole are quite high. I would have preferred a softer, 3-2.5 roll but that's nitpicking.

Overall, a very solid jacket at an excellent price. I'll be back for more!

LoKey

Reaction score

I just received this jacket: http://www.spierandmackay.com/product_information/2963_brown__orange_check_sportcoat

At this price, it's really hard to beat the value. Very nice soft half canvass construction, good pattern matching. Nice silhouette too: the jacket is not as short as many nowadays and the cut is slim but not ridiculously tight.

The colours are a bit brighter than the stock photo and the fabric is quite light. This makes it perfect for warmer, sunnier weather.

It is a hard 3-2 roll as you can see on the picture, the third (top) button and buttonhole are quite high. I would have preferred a softer, 3-2.5 roll but that's nitpicking.

Overall, a very solid jacket at an excellent price. I'll be back for more!

Thanks for the review. Any chance you have fit pics?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was eyeing the same coat in the store, they had it on diaplay. Looks great and a nice value. Their 38 slim fits me perfect. Will definitely get something, maybe wait for the new patterns.

Grabbed 2 trousers last minute. Camel and Birdseye.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good. I would be interested in overcoat as well.

Way ahead of you. Here is the DB.

Not sure why the single breast style looks short. I think the angle makes it so. But it's a proper 36" length for a Regular Length.

These are first protos. Still some refining to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LoKey

No, sorry, it still needs to have sleeves adjusted and I am traveling on and of over the next few weeks.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received our Spring Jacket Prototype. All the same changes carried over from our new suit, but the addition of patch pockets and 1/2 Lining. We're going to change to 1/4, butterfly lining for production.

emidyl

Reaction score
Dropped in quickly this afternoon and picked up a shirt and pair of pants.
Can't beat the inherent value at the price points. Great fit and very decent materials.

Will drop back in for a suit to try out as well later this week. Was pretty busy when I was in.

Wondering if their suits are half, canvassed or fused?
edit, NVM found the answer to the above.

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Dropped in quickly this afternoon and picked up a shirt and pair of pants.
Can't beat the inherent value at the price points. Great fit and very decent materials.

Will drop back in for a suit to try out as well later this week. Was pretty busy when I was in.

Wondering if their suits are half, canvassed or fused?
edit, NVM found the answer to the above.

Yep. Half Canvas.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Stopped in on Friday to pick up a few shirts and check out the suit offerings. I picked out 3 OTR shirts that are really really impressive at the price--promotion or not. They're actually shortening the sleeves right now (also very well priced alterations) and will get them back some time soon.

Ended up going back yesterday to get measured for a MTM suit. Since it was an end of roll fabric offering/amazing price, I'm trying some things I've always wanted to try. Ordered a navy-ish/grey mini pin-dot wool fabric, 3-roll-2, no padding, patch bottom pockets, half canvassed. So not truly unconstructed, but almost with the shoulders.

I have very square shoulders so I've never had a decent OTR suit fit me well in the shoulders. Not even with tailoring to reduce the collar roll that always bunched up.

Rick took great care in the measurements and suggestions and gave me all the time and explanations I needed.

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stopped in on Friday to pick up a few shirts and check out the suit offerings. I picked out 3 OTR shirts that are really really impressive at the price--promotion or not. They're actually shortening the sleeves right now (also very well priced alterations) and will get them back some time soon.

Ended up going back yesterday to get measured for a MTM suit. Since it was an end of roll fabric offering/amazing price, I'm trying some things I've always wanted to try. Ordered a navy-ish/grey mini pin-dot wool fabric, 3-roll-2, no padding, patch bottom pockets, half canvassed. So not truly unconstructed, but almost with the shoulders.

I have very square shoulders so I've never had a decent OTR suit fit me well in the shoulders. Not even with tailoring to reduce the collar roll that always bunched up.

Rick took great care in the measurements and suggestions and gave me all the time and explanations I needed.

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I always enjoy when someone stops by and requests something different. Gives us a chance to do something more interesting as well. It's our pleasure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads