• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scatterbrain

Reaction score

Stopped in on Friday to pick up a few shirts and check out the suit offerings. I picked out 3 OTR shirts that are really really impressive at the price--promotion or not. They're actually shortening the sleeves right now (also very well priced alterations) and will get them back some time soon.

Ended up going back yesterday to get measured for a MTM suit. Since it was an end of roll fabric offering/amazing price, I'm trying some things I've always wanted to try. Ordered a navy-ish/grey mini pin-dot wool fabric, 3-roll-2, no padding, patch bottom pockets, half canvassed. So not truly unconstructed, but almost with the shoulders. 

I have very square shoulders so I've never had a decent OTR suit fit me well in the shoulders. Not even with tailoring to reduce the collar roll that always bunched up. 

Rick took great care in the measurements and suggestions and gave me all the time and explanations I needed. 

I can't wait to see how it turns out. 

Sounds very close to something I will be doing soon,except that I have sloping shoulders. Please post fit pics when completed!

SYQ

Reaction score
How does the slim fit shirts line compare to CT's extra slim fit? Particularly I found the sleeves extremely baggy.

Also, will shirting fabrics in white/blue solids in slim fit be available anytime soon?

Last edited:

LoKey

Reaction score
@SYQ I found te S&M shirt to be slimmer than both CT and BB ESF, including in the arms (armhole, bicep, forearm and cuff widths were all smaller).

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does the slim fit shirts line compare to CT's extra slim fit? Particularly I found the sleeves extremely baggy.

Also, will shirting fabrics in white/blue solids in slim fit be available anytime soon?

The slims do fit a bit slimmer than both CT and BB ESF, We paid a lot of attention to the armhole/bicep area in the design based off data we collected from our custom program.

SYQ

Reaction score

The slims do fit a bit slimmer than both CT and BB ESF, We paid a lot of attention to the armhole/bicep area in the design based off data we collected from our custom program.

Would you happen to have any measurement data handy (particularly for size 15 slim fits)? I have some MTM shirts that fit fairly well, but are made with inferior fabrics.

I'm really looking to build out my wardrobe all over again before starting work in July. Would love to know when you plan on restocking blue/white basics slim fit in size 15! :)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last of my original order of three flannels came in. I posted about the blue one a while back, tweaked some specs and now the final two arrived. Changed to an unlined collar, cuff and placket, added a little length, and adjusted for sloping shoulders along with snugging up the armhole and sleeve slightly. So far very happy with the way they turned out. Will give them a wash and test them out this week. Need to get my measurements dialed in before the oxford cloths roll in.

I think I may let out the waist a touch so it's not so much of a drop from the 46" chest measurement. We'll see how things feel after they have been though a wash and press. Here are the specs for the latest two.

Collar/neck : 15.5 (in.)
Chest : 23 (in.)
Waist : 20.50 (in.)
Hip : 21.75 (in.)
Shoulder : 18.5 (in.)
Sleeve : 35.75 (in.)
Cuff : 9.25 (in.)
Length : 30.5 (in.)
Armhole : 10.25 (in.)
Bicep : 8.25 (in.)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love the check shirt, got me one last week. Almost got the other you got as well.

I loved the flannels when I saw them on the site. I actually bought the blue one too, great fabric but now I am wishing my blue one had the unlined details and other altered specs of these new shirts. The wheat flannel is going to look fantastic with jeans.

emidyl

Reaction score
I loved the flannels when I saw them on the site. I actually bought the blue one too, great fabric but now I am wishing my blue one had the unlined details and other altered specs of these new shirts. The wheat flannel is going to look fantastic with jeans.
LOL I almost bought the blue chambray one as well. I'm thinking I should just go back and grab the wheat and blue and a 3rd for the special pricing which can't be beat. Yeah I'm going after lunch, they're on my way home. damn clothing forums...

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the blue & red chambray in MTM. Waiting on the red, love the blue. If you're on the fence for another, just get it. Superb value.
Rick suggested at the time making the collar softer, unfused, not sure exactly what specs he did but it works well for me not wanting to wear these tucked in, button right up, or with tie.

If open to suggestions for SS still.. Updated Chinos. slim/tailored fits, high quality twills, something with texture but bold/crisp colours (not washed looking), 9-10oz military twill? Like an Epaulet Rivet "Galey & Lord"? It would be daily wear for me.
If SS is settled, no problem, is this something we can talk about and or order MTM? I'm on a quest for the perfect chino this year.

SYQ

Reaction score
Just got my new 36 slim fit Sharkskin suit and took some quick pictures. Feels fairly comfortable, but I think the shoulders might be a touch too big and there seems to be some weird wrinkling around the button area (though it's not as noticeable in rl). What are your thoughts on fit and how could it be improved (by tailoring or otherwise)?

emidyl

Reaction score
hard to tell if the puckering is across both sides, lighting on your left side is horrible.
But it is definitely there on the right side more towards the top button area. Did you get that portion taken in?
You can really tell in the second pic where it looks like 2 eyes forming from both sides of the upper button.
Also your fitbit is throwing me off on overall length of the sleeves, but the shoulders don't look terrible to me.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got my new 36 slim fit Sharkskin suit and took some quick pictures. Feels fairly comfortable, but I think the shoulders might be a touch too big and there seems to be some weird wrinkling around the button area (though it's not as noticeable in rl). What are your thoughts on fit and how could it be improved (by tailoring or otherwise)?

If it is noticeable in 3 pictures then it is noticeable in real life. But that wrinkling could just be the drape after being in the box. Let it hang overnight.

Your shoulders are each built differently and probably aren't exactly symettrical. To me, the right one looks filled in appropriately, perhaps because it is higher, but the left looks a wee tide wide. Do other jackets look the same? The sleevehead is just a little strong. It's not egregious in any way in my mind.

SYQ

Reaction score
Thanks all. Haven't been able to get better pictures yet. Will try to figure something out.

Hung it up overnight and after trying it on again, I figured out why I didn't notice the wrinkling around the buttoning point when looking in the mirror. It seems like the wrinkling only appears evident whenever I'm not standing straight up (whenever I slouch or relax my posture a bit).

I'm not super sure if my shoulders are mismatched. In my other suits, the shoulders are either more constructed so it's hard to tell, or MTM and closer fitting. In general, I think the shoulders and chest are a touch bigger than my other primary suit, but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Also noticed some wrinkling at the shoulder, at the front of the sleeves where the sleeve head meets the shoulder, that appears when on the hanger. Big deal or not?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads