• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 The gold 1962 with white top bar was my first choice, but considering I paid $200 for mine I figured I'd be okay with a runner up.

This wound up being from Fall 2001, just really lovely and the construction viewed from the inside is fairly simple even a bit sloppy in a nice hand done way. This will be perfect for my No Country For Old Men Llewellyn cosplay.
View attachment 1375787

Damn bro, that was a killer deal! I might try my hand with the Altan 2. Do they seem large/oversized to you in person? From the pics I’ve seen on models they don’t seem too large

surrender

Reaction score
Made my first ever Supreme purchases - a My Bloody Valentine hoodie and two tees. I can't believe these didn't sell out instantly

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 they might look big on you, I'm going by the fact that the Beauregards work perfectly for you and they were wayyy too small for my face. I've found the bigger frames work for me bandit, 1962, etc

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 they might look big on you, I'm going by the fact that the Beauregards work perfectly for you and they were wayyy too small for my face. I've found the bigger frames work for me bandit, 1962, etc

I love the Beauregards cause they remind me of the 90’s sunglasses that fit very small on the face, but I like that look. I can pull off the bigger frame like the Ascari as well. Only one way to find out about these 1962s though haha. I have the Altan 2’s coming let’s see how it goes!

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RegisDB9 I love my Bandits, you should give those
a try for sure. The 1962 in gold with green lenses will probably look killer on you if the Ascari works. I think I'd have to have a few of the metal frames before I'd consider an acetate model, I really think the titanium models are what puts JMM on a whole other level.
Glad to refill this hole in my wardrobe. They have the smiley face yellow zips just like my old pair! :)
View attachment 1370236

These wound up being really great. Going by how the insoles look they've barely been worn, and the material has a great textured look. Also big fan of the smiley face yellow zips. Glad I was able to replace these.
IMG_20200424_185352.jpg

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mixing things up. Nike ACG.

Screenshot_20200426-123129_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200426-123136_Chrome.jpg

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should've just got these @Benesyed

And Wander nylon climbing pants has that perfect slouch and straight fit, comfortable rise, zip front, technical fabric et al. It is perfectly understated and rotate between outfits in your wardrobe. Would look good with big chunky black boots, sleeker technical runners, or plain white slip on shoes.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should've just got these @Benesyed

And Wander nylon climbing pants has that perfect slouch and straight fit, comfortable rise, zip front, technical fabric et al. It is perfectly understated and rotate between outfits in your wardrobe. Would look good with big chunky black boots, sleeker technical runners, or plain white slip on shoes.

Not the right shape and I have understated black pants wanted something cargo with pockets

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah got those too a while ago but in the olive green.

the old ones with Errolson Hugh looked kinda cooler with the zip off pockets but also kinda looked a little annoying at times too.

How do you like them?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like them?

They're cool man. Nothing amazing but like since when did pants have to be amazing? It's weird. Honestly prefer ACG now without the techwear pretension.

got a bunch of stuff from Nike on the way. I know they don't have a great history but
a) In the last few years all of their subcontractors have become subject to 100% independent auditors and all of the results are published and freely accessible. That's pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good.
b) Excellent shipping and returns policy. Returning stuff is an absolute dream.

Only thing I dislike is the restriction on retailers to keep sales within the country. Means I can't access sales from across the world. And obviously they totally cash in on hype trains etc but well that's a cultural phenomenon so hard to place all the blame with them.

I'm kinda bemused by sneakerhead culture as an outsider looking in and over the last month or so I've kinda observed the happenings in that world. Some of the best original designs that nike is producing just totally fly under the radar.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're cool man. Nothing amazing but like since when did pants have to be amazing? It's weird. Honestly prefer ACG now without the techwear pretension.

got a bunch of stuff from Nike on the way. I know they don't have a great history but
a) In the last few years all of their subcontractors have become subject to 100% independent auditors and all of the results are published and freely accessible. That's pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good.
b) Excellent shipping and returns policy. Returning stuff is an absolute dream.

Only thing I dislike is the restriction on retailers to keep sales within the country. Means I can't access sales from across the world. And obviously they totally cash in on hype trains etc but well that's a cultural phenomenon so hard to place all the blame with them.

I'm kinda bemused by sneakerhead culture as an outsider looking in and over the last month or so I've kinda observed the happenings in that world. Some of the best original designs that nike is producing just totally fly under the radar.

Haha I got these because they still felt tech but not overly

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
18BE1A7C-6D41-42DD-826F-21AA2D69C13A.jpeg
410F7138-8752-4EBB-BDBB-5EC704C407CA.jpeg

New Doyle jacket from Epaulet. Very nice. The sashiko fabric is wonderfully soft but hearty. The color vibrant, the construction well considered and proportions are very smart for acasual jacket.

I think it’s one of the better values in men’s wear. I’m looking forward to wearing it for sometime.

Two surprises.
1. I though azure blue would be brighter, when in reality it’s very close to a navy. It’s great, frankly better than what I expected... but does create a bit of a duplication issue I’ll mention below.

2. It’s a little more casual than I thought. I expected a bit more casual tailoring, and little less over shirt.

I think both surprises will be classified as pleasant down the line.

The duplication issue I mentioned above is because I also received an Armoury City Hunter in the mail this week. I’ll post pictures tomorrow. It’s not clear to me I’ll keep both as they are more similar than I thought. However, I may.

thoughts?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member