1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SW&D: End of the World Challenge - VOTING THREAD

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rais, Apr 25, 2016.

Whose the most stylish at the end of the world?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2016.
  1. VitaTimH

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. ManofKent

18 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. diniro

20 vote(s)
    34.5%
  4. el Bert

16 vote(s)
    27.6%
  5. oisin

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  6. zxcvbn

31 vote(s)
    53.4%
  7. fairlynerdy

4 vote(s)
    6.9%
  8. baltimoron

3 vote(s)
    5.2%
  9. Parker

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  10. Lorcan7

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  11. nicelynice

15 vote(s)
    25.9%
  12. Dr Huh?

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  13. Mesta

5 vote(s)
    8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rais

Rais Senior member

Vote for your favourite wasteland wanderers.

[​IMG]

The winner gets to choose and moderate the next SW&D challenge.
    I enabled multiple choice voting since I noticed total votes are much lower on single vote polls. The poll expires on: 4/29/2016 GMT midnight. I will PM the winner after the poll closes so hopefully the next challenge can get up and running ASAP.

Really impressed everyone managed to take their photos outside and with great backgrounds as well. The narratives were even more fun to read. We got to see a lot of creativity, humour and a variety of takes on how one would handle the end of the world. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Entries below:

1 person likes this.
  2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

All these are good - seriously not a bum effort among all entries. Great idea and great participation!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

maybe the best challenge yet. its unfortunate i couldnt find the time to participate (also, my excuse is that Tokyo during spring is too cute to provide dystopian photography opportunities). Great fits and write-ups ! Also Raise proved to be quite the leading man here, promoting & encouraging participation.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    4 people like this.
  4. Rais

Rais Senior member

Congratulations, @zxcvbn .
    You are the winner and get to decide and moderate the next challenge.

Some personal favourites:
    • Best narrative: Baltimoron. I really enjoyed the story and the photo was quite nice too.
    • Best photography: zxcvbn. The photo set looked like it was out of a lookbook or magazine. Great work.
    • Best apocalyptic outfit: zxcvbn. It really looked the part to me, could've been an extra in a Fallout movie or similar. You nailed the style.
    • Best practicality/most believable: oisin. He looked ready to roll and how I'd imagine a lot of people would take this situation on in reality. Funny narrative too.
    • Best overall: ManofKent. His was my personal favourite. Not the best photo, fit or narrative of the lot, but the whole exceeded the sum of the parts for me and I thought his entire entry had great synergy and was very entertaining. The film camera filter was a great touch and the story was humorous but also nicely referenced different tropes.

Looking forward to the next challenge.

3 people like this.
  5. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

It was a fun challenge - one of the best themes we've had. Thanks for running it @Rais