• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ElliotG

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with you that this is a good fit in the shoulder. You've got gobs of extra material in the back (boxed in yellow). Based on how the fabric is lying, I've tried to extrapolate where your body is underneath (in red). I think you need a 38. Slim or contemporary could come down to a preference on your part. The other advantage of a 38 (with your 29-inch waist) is that it will come with a 32 trouser.

1716302563685.png

NickInTO

Reaction score
I received my first MTO shirt today, much sooner than expected (the estimated delivery time when I ordered was June 5-12) and I'm very happy with the results.

Their 15 slim fits me pretty well, but I always have trouble buying shirts off-the-rack because I have really long arms (6'2" tall, 6'9" arm span). I've bought custom shirts through Spier in the past, but I need a new batch with updated sizing, and I'm pretty happy with the results of the MTO. Will see how it looks/how much it shrinks after washing.

My only quibble - I ordered the "tucked in" length, and it is extremely long. Shouldn't be a big problem when it's tucked in, but still, it's pretty ridiculous.

CLH03

Reaction score
I received my first MTO shirt today, much sooner than expected (the estimated delivery time when I ordered was June 5-12) and I'm very happy with the results.

Their 15 slim fits me pretty well, but I always have trouble buying shirts off-the-rack because I have really long arms (6'2" tall, 6'9" arm span). I've bought custom shirts through Spier in the past, but I need a new batch with updated sizing, and I'm pretty happy with the results of the MTO. Will see how it looks/how much it shrinks after washing.

My only quibble - I ordered the "tucked in" length, and it is extremely long. Shouldn't be a big problem when it's tucked in, but still, it's pretty ridiculous.
I’d much rather have it too long than too short. I bought a 15 34 slim dress shirt from them last season and it is much shorter than any of the other shirts I have from them, oddly enough. Good to hear promising results from the program!

putseller96

Reaction score
Not sure I agree with you that this is a good fit in the shoulder. You've got gobs of extra material in the back (boxed in yellow). Based on how the fabric is lying, I've tried to extrapolate where your body is underneath (in red). I think you need a 38. Slim or contemporary could come down to a preference on your part. The other advantage of a 38 (with your 29-inch waist) is that it will come with a 32 trouser.

View attachment 2187857
Thanks for your input!

alkydrinker

Reaction score
Hello.

Does anyone know how to get the 15% discount on 3+ custom shirts?
Just add the 3 custom shirts to your cart and the discount should automatically appear in your cart. (Just worked for me a few days ago, as well as on numerous previous orders.)
Also, as of my order a few days ago, you are able to stack the MTO20 code on top of the automatic 15% off.

palandar

Reaction score
Just add the 3 custom shirts to your cart and the discount should automatically appear in your cart. (Just worked for me a few days ago, as well as on numerous previous orders.)
Also, as of my order a few days ago, you are able to stack the MTO20 code on top of the automatic 15% off.

It does not seem to work for me. The shirts always appear at full price.

alkydrinker

Reaction score
^^ I just tried to test, and the 15% shirt bundle discount is working for me (automatically appears in my cart).
I thought perhaps the issue was the 15% applied only to fully custom shirts and not to MTO shirts (that are based on standard sizes), but no I am automatically getting the 15% if I add either 3 fully custom shirts or 3 MTO shirts. Idk, maybe try clearing cookies or a different browser.
Side note - I tried also entering MTO20 and the system recognized that I'd already used it and wouldn't let me us it again.

hysteria

Reaction score
Do you find fabric selection w/ MTO Is worse than RTW at SM? There are some 2-ply 120s shirts in the RTW section that aren't available in the MTO section. Not finding the fabric selection with MTOs appealing.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I was about to write the same thing. The selection seems worse than it was before the recent MTO changes. There were definitely fabrics that were available a few weeks ago that are no longer available.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a MTM navy seersucker suit and white cotton-linen shirt today and thinking about better times for this company. Tired of seeing fabrics come and go on the custom page, hate how chronically disorganized and un-searchable the fabrics page is, and miss all of the great staple options for shirts and suiting. What happened to all of the linen suiting from recognizable mills? I'm having to wade through so much mid-tier redundant/boring stuff to find anything of note.

sdjackofclubs

Reaction score
What do folks think of the new jacket they released?

Once you get to the last photo of the jacket by itself against a white/grey background it looks pretty good.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lixohealthcare