• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Heavyweight Tees Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's popular heavyweight tees are now restocked, in three styles, so there is something for every style. They are available in three classic colors: white, black, and the heather grey featured here.. These high quality tees are staples that work in every seasons. Check them out here here

If you have any questions for the designer, please, he is a valued and active member and sponsor of the community, and can be found here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pooliotis

Reaction score
1000012267.jpg

1000012269.jpg

1000012271.jpg

First off, here's some very amateur pics of the Pontoglio Chocolate Moleskin from this past fall, for anyone interested. Seems like a somewhat unpopular selection (it's regularly been 30% off for a while now), and I wasn't able to find any discussion/pics either on here or Instagram. It's a casual, heavier, stiffer cotton, and obviously doesn't drape like wool, but I can't say I have any complaints.

But as someone rather inexperienced when it comes to this stuff, I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on my sizing here, besides the obvious need for sleeve shortening. This is a 40L - I'm 5'11 with a pretty long torso (28.5ish inseam, for reference). The shoulders feel like they're on the tighter side of fitting, but I'm not sure if sizing up to a 42 in the future would be too much or not. Any input appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
I just noticed that Spier's new MTO shirt program effectively replaced the MTM program in terms of cost, and everything MTM has the $20 surcharge. Based on the announcement email I thought MTO would be somewhere in between, but this is not surprising given that Spier has been the best MTM deal around for ages. Eventually they had to raise their prices.

Now, we're looking at $100 for a standard MTM OCBD. Will be tough to bite on when one can get an $80 OCBD with 3-day shipping from Luxire.

CLH03

Reaction score
View attachment 2192701
View attachment 2192705
View attachment 2192707

First off, here's some very amateur pics of the Pontoglio Chocolate Moleskin from this past fall, for anyone interested. Seems like a somewhat unpopular selection (it's regularly been 30% off for a while now), and I wasn't able to find any discussion/pics either on here or Instagram. It's a casual, heavier, stiffer cotton, and obviously doesn't drape like wool, but I can't say I have any complaints.

But as someone rather inexperienced when it comes to this stuff, I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on my sizing here, besides the obvious need for sleeve shortening. This is a 40L - I'm 5'11 with a pretty long torso (28.5ish inseam, for reference). The shoulders feel like they're on the tighter side of fitting, but I'm not sure if sizing up to a 42 in the future would be too much or not. Any input appreciated, thanks!
I would say it looks pretty good as is. Hard to tell from the picture but the shoulder could use a little extension, however being cotton, that could add to the stiffness/tightness you’re feeling. I do think the 42 would be too big elsewhere.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neo Cut 3? Hopefully this is only one option and they're retaining the Neo 2. 'Cause this is looking a bit odd to my eye.

View attachment 2193659
I kinda rock with this. Looks somewhat Milanese. Neo is great but the roping here gives the silhouette a bit of structure. I’ve been in Neo/unstructured land far too long. A bit of change is good.

Last edited:

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've got a more detailed description here.
I know not everyone is a fan but this is great for those of us who want a bit of structure. I'll be spending more money and I'll need to get rid of my (original) Neos.

sydneycider

Reaction score
Neo Cut 3? Hopefully this is only one option and they're retaining the Neo 2. 'Cause this is looking a bit odd to my eye.

View attachment 2193659
Not particular Neapolitan? Looks more akin to Italian from the north, Milan especially but also Rome. 'Milano' Cut would make more sense.

If they are going to offer more cuts, a 'Firenze' would make more sense because Florentine tailoring is also unstructured, but a looser fit with a lower gorge (closer to the American sack).

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes but why not branch out it out into a separate line. It is not going to have a southern Italian feel anymore. Why ruin a good thing?

I might give it a good ole college try… might

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crystalrestoreresult