1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

one SF pre-order going out soon. The Medina in Shaded Navy

Will launch the S/S2015 stock on Wednesday. All SF'ers will get 10% off for 1 week. Keep your eyes peeled!

[​IMG]

2. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

I'm looking forward to that. Anything on the new (narrower last?)

Loafers look great, actually it all does!

3. The Shoe Snob

Thank you!! I appreciate it.

The Tony III (as pictured) is on our new NGT last which is naturally (fractionally) narrower than the rest of our lasts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. The Shoe Snob

Our S/S2015 stock is finally out and ready to be purchased.

All SF'ers get a 10% discount on everything purchased at www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com from now until May 3rd using the code:

JF-STYLE​

I hope that you guys like it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. hp12cjockey

hp12cjockey Member

I liked the collection before, but think virtually all of the new additions show a level of refinement & elegance that's just off the charts. There's so many I like I'm going to have to try to see them in person.

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Really like the black Madison. I'll have to stop by the store one of these days. Would you be able to put metal toe taps on them?

7. The Shoe Snob

I really appreciate that. It means a lot as I have tried really hard to take my brand up and up from the beginning and it's nice to know that people are seeing the changes that I work hard for. I hope to make the best shoes I possibly can for the money and am doing my best to constantly source better materials and refine the making. Will look forward to meeting you in London when you are able to come try them on.

Hey YD, metal toe taps are not a problem. There is even an option to buy them on my site, under accessories. The only thing is that the discount won't apply in shop, so best to purchase online first, come in a make sure you like them and then if you want to keep them I can put the taps on....

8. The Shoe Snob

9. Trqmaster

Trqmaster Senior Member

They look great! Can't wait!!

Justin, what's your take on the pull tabs? I always find that the hard ones, ie. leather, always catch my slacks. Every time I get up from sitting, my slacks are stuck between the tab and my leg. Then I am awkwardly pulling on my pants to get them over the tabs. I'd rather have no tabs but that seems to be hard to find. In lieu of that, I prefer the cloth tabs which I clamp down until they stay that way so my slacks can slide over them and hang properly. I realize the tabs substitute a shoe horn and they increase the longevity of the heel counter but wow. Does anyone else have this problem?

10. CGKIII

CGKIII Well-Known Member

Got my Medinas recently and wore out the first time yesterday. The black welt, lack of medallion, and U-shaped brogueing are different enough from and complement my Navy brush-off AE Morgans, which have a grounding in brown with the perfing and welt.

As usual, the level of service Justin provided was top-notch. Shipping took about a day longer than I was anticipating, but it was still very quick & via DHL, which I prefer to UPS.

The fit is good, they feel just a tiny bit loose, which is in line with my other pairs and meets expectations. Finishing is good, no blemishes that I was able to notice. The actual color has more green in it than I was anticipating. Out in the daylight it looks quite nice, but I don't see it being used as a straight-up substitute for black in appropriate situations (which is kind of what I was hoping for). I'd liken it to maybe the GG midnight blue color, without the burnishing, maybe a touch darker and more consistent overall.

I really like the style of this shoe. It feels like it's in a unique position between a quarter brogue and a semi-brogue. I think it would be a little strange to make it a long-wing, but having the broguing meet in the back at sort of that mid-level works great. There's this little half-circle bit by the laces that seems sort of ugly, but I imagine it's somewhat important structure-wise? I think it looks worse when looking down from the wearer's perspective.

With favorable exchange rates, getting these for less than the price of AE firsts was a no-brainer. I'm just a little disappointed I have less to spend during my next tailor visit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. GradSchooler

GradSchooler Senior Member

Amazing new collection. I am in love with... well... all of them!

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Distinguished Member

Thanks Justin, somehow I missed this. Just placed an order!

13. andrel42

andrel42 Senior Member

I just had to share my new pair of Wallingford II's - So happy :)
    Thank you Justin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. The Shoe Snob

To be quite honest, I don't think much about them, but what you say about preferring them in fabric makes sense as you can shape it more. I will have them made in fabric too and not leather, that was just a sample and I always forget to specify. But I don't really have the problem as my trousers are quite slim and therefore are hugging my leg most of the time (not literally but enough not to ever catch).

Thank you, that means a lot!

15. The Shoe Snob

No worries YD!

Cobbler went on a short holiday and will return Friday. Will drop them off then and hope to have them no later than Monday. Will then ship out asap to you unless you prefer pick up?

best

Justin