• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sons of Henrey - Shoes of timeless elegance - Official Affiliate Thread

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It is with great pleasure that I can finally introduce you to Sons of Henrey: www.sonsofhenrey.com.

I set up Sons of Henrey to be a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value. As many of you may know, setting up Sons of Henrey took a lot of time and effort, but I can safely say that I am very happy with the result. Prices currently start at 345€ incl. VAT, or approximately 350 USD excl. VAT, with complementary shipping worldwide. On top of this, please use code SFDISCOUNT for a further 5% off every order.

Why should you choose Sons of Henrey?

Together with Michael James of Springline Ltd, and the last makers associated with the Spanish factory, I created three lasts. Two of these, the Elegant Round Last and the Soft Chisel Last, are the main lasts for Sons of Henrey. They are the cornerstone of the brand, and I couldn’t be more happy with how they turned out. These lasts have a very English vibe to them, are well proportioned and have an elegant toe shape. The Contemporary Almond Last is our designated lasts for the Split Toe Derby model, and Wholecut Chelsea boot. A loafer last is being developed.

Every line, every curve on the pattern has been carefully positioned and re-positioned until it was perfect. From the size of the brogue punching, the shape and size of the gimping, our own developed fudge wheel and custom heel pattern, every detail has been addressed individually.

Sons of Henrey can produce shoes in more than 50 different types of leather (English Grain, Utah calf, Misty Museum calf, Zonta suede, Zonta calf, Kudu etc.) and we are always on the hunt for other types of leather. We only use full grain leathers of high quality, similar to those used for shoes of a much higher price point.

So how will this work?

I will try to wow you with new models, new patterns, and new products every few weeks. However, I also ask for your feedback, and your input. I am open to discuss Group Order ideas, hear about what models/sizes you would like to see stocked on the website, and listen to any kind of feedback. Group Orders are possible from 6 people, and production takes 3-4 months start to finish. Please know that Group Orders are only possible with existing patterns, and individual MTO’s are not an option at the moment.

To provide some structure, I decided to start a Dropbox (https://tinyurl.com/yblsopkq). Here you will be able to find high resolution pictures of all the leather, as well as an overview of what products are in the pipeline. Also, there will be an overview of all on-going and planned Group Orders, and a size comparison file with other brands. Please bare with me while this is being set up.

I’m happy to be back, and I look forward to interacting with you all again on the forum!

Feel free to contact me here, through PM, [email protected] or #sonsofhenrey

Tom Brone (Notch)

Sons of Henrey Harvey - Captoe Oxford - Mole Suede (Conceria Zonta) - Soft Chisel Last - Dark Brown Lining

Sons_of_Henrey_Harvey_Captoe_Oxford_Mole_Suede_1.jpg

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Quesjac : Thank you for your comment. Yes, the suede oxfords turned out really well.

Definitely, to take the suede oxford as an example:

Construction: Goodyear welted in Spain
Leather: Conceria Zonta (IT)
Lining: Leather
Sole: Vegetable tanned, from an Italian tannery located in Santa Croce sull'Arno
Insole: Leather
Heel Counter: leatherboard (we have experimented both with thermoplastic, and leatherboard. In the end we chose the latter.)
Finishing: slightly bevelled waist, set edges, stacked leather heel, reinforced eyelets, heel decoration, custom nail pattern on the heel. Fudge wheel is our own design. Counter has a single stitch line, as seen in this picture:

The J

Reaction score
Welcome back to SF, Tom! Any plans for loafers?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Three new models will be added to the website, next week probably:

- Chukka boot in Parisian Brown suede (Conceria Zonta) with Dainite rubber sole
- Wholecut Chelsea boot in Dark Brown suede, with half rubber sole
- Captoe Oxford in Pitch Black calf (Weinheimer), single leather sole

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three new models will be added to the website, next week probably:

- Chukka boot in Parisian Brown suede (Conceria Zonta) with Dainite rubber sole
- Wholecut Chelsea boot in Dark Brown suede, with half rubber sole
- Captoe Oxford in Pitch Black calf (Weinheimer), single leather sole
Are the shoes only going to be carried in sizes between 6-10.5?

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@beargonefishing : at the moment, unfortunately, yes. It is important to expand the catalogue, and carrying smaller and larger sizes is difficult.

However, smaller and larger sizes will be available for Group Orders.

Also, before putting new Ready To Wear models into production, we can reach out to customers that are looking to purchase a small or large size. That size can then be included.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man I'm really excited about your shop, congrats! The lasts you created are wonderful and really appeal to me personally.

I've been struggling to find the perfect shade of mid-brown aka "Oak" and "Doak" without going to the $700+ brands. Most mid brown colors I've seen tend to lean toward warm brown rather than a cooler grayish brown like oak. My only feedback would be an Adelaide in Oak on half rubber soles or Dainite. I would purchase immediately.

P.S. that was me who emailed you last week about about sizing

EDIT: Just looked at the leather samples. Calf Vegano Brown or Misty Parisian Brown would probably be the closest to Oak.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.