• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
one SF pre-order going out soon. The Medina in Shaded Navy

Will launch the S/S2015 stock on Wednesday. All SF'ers will get 10% off for 1 week. Keep your eyes peeled!

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to that. Anything on the new (narrower last?)

Loafers look great, actually it all does!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm looking forward to that.  Anything on the new (narrower last?)

Loafers look great, actually it all does!

Thank you!! I appreciate it.

The Tony III (as pictured) is on our new NGT last which is naturally (fractionally) narrower than the rest of our lasts.

hp12cjockey

Reaction score
I liked the collection before, but think virtually all of the new additions show a level of refinement & elegance that's just off the charts. There's so many I like I'm going to have to try to see them in person.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I liked the collection before, but think virtually all of the new additions show a level of refinement & elegance that's just off the charts. There's so many I like I'm going to have to try to see them in person.

I really appreciate that. It means a lot as I have tried really hard to take my brand up and up from the beginning and it's nice to know that people are seeing the changes that I work hard for. I hope to make the best shoes I possibly can for the money and am doing my best to constantly source better materials and refine the making. Will look forward to meeting you in London when you are able to come try them on.

Really like the black Madison. I'll have to stop by the store one of these days. Would you be able to put metal toe taps on them?

Hey YD, metal toe taps are not a problem. There is even an option to buy them on my site, under accessories. The only thing is that the discount won't apply in shop, so best to purchase online first, come in a make sure you like them and then if you want to keep them I can put the taps on....

Trqmaster

Reaction score
They look great! Can't wait!!

Justin, what's your take on the pull tabs? I always find that the hard ones, ie. leather, always catch my slacks. Every time I get up from sitting, my slacks are stuck between the tab and my leg. Then I am awkwardly pulling on my pants to get them over the tabs. I'd rather have no tabs but that seems to be hard to find. In lieu of that, I prefer the cloth tabs which I clamp down until they stay that way so my slacks can slide over them and hang properly. I realize the tabs substitute a shoe horn and they increase the longevity of the heel counter but wow. Does anyone else have this problem?

CGKIII

Reaction score
Got my Medinas recently and wore out the first time yesterday. The black welt, lack of medallion, and U-shaped brogueing are different enough from and complement my Navy brush-off AE Morgans, which have a grounding in brown with the perfing and welt.

As usual, the level of service Justin provided was top-notch. Shipping took about a day longer than I was anticipating, but it was still very quick & via DHL, which I prefer to UPS.

The fit is good, they feel just a tiny bit loose, which is in line with my other pairs and meets expectations. Finishing is good, no blemishes that I was able to notice. The actual color has more green in it than I was anticipating. Out in the daylight it looks quite nice, but I don't see it being used as a straight-up substitute for black in appropriate situations (which is kind of what I was hoping for). I'd liken it to maybe the GG midnight blue color, without the burnishing, maybe a touch darker and more consistent overall.

I really like the style of this shoe. It feels like it's in a unique position between a quarter brogue and a semi-brogue. I think it would be a little strange to make it a long-wing, but having the broguing meet in the back at sort of that mid-level works great. There's this little half-circle bit by the laces that seems sort of ugly, but I imagine it's somewhat important structure-wise? I think it looks worse when looking down from the wearer's perspective.

With favorable exchange rates, getting these for less than the price of AE firsts was a no-brainer. I'm just a little disappointed I have less to spend during my next tailor visit.

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Amazing new collection. I am in love with... well... all of them!

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really appreciate that. It means a lot as I have tried really hard to take my brand up and up from the beginning and it's nice to know that people are seeing the changes that I work hard for. I hope to make the best shoes I possibly can for the money and am doing my best to constantly source better materials and refine the making. Will look forward to meeting you in London when you are able to come try them on.
Hey YD, metal toe taps are not a problem. There is even an option to buy them on my site, under accessories. The only thing is that the discount won't apply in shop, so best to purchase online first, come in a make sure you like them and then if you want to keep them I can put the taps on....

Thanks Justin, somehow I missed this. Just placed an order!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

They look great! Can't wait!!

Justin, what's your take on the pull tabs? I always find that the hard ones, ie. leather, always catch my slacks. Every time I get up from sitting, my slacks are stuck between the tab and my leg. Then I am awkwardly pulling on my pants to get them over the tabs. I'd rather have no tabs but that seems to be hard to find. In lieu of that, I prefer the cloth tabs which I clamp down until they stay that way so my slacks can slide over them and hang properly. I realize the tabs substitute a shoe horn and they increase the longevity of the heel counter but wow. Does anyone else have this problem?

To be quite honest, I don't think much about them, but what you say about preferring them in fabric makes sense as you can shape it more. I will have them made in fabric too and not leather, that was just a sample and I always forget to specify. But I don't really have the problem as my trousers are quite slim and therefore are hugging my leg most of the time (not literally but enough not to ever catch).

Amazing new collection. I am in love with... well... all of them!

Thank you, that means a lot!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Justin, somehow I missed this. Just placed an order!

No worries YD!

Cobbler went on a short holiday and will return Friday. Will drop them off then and hope to have them no later than Monday. Will then ship out asap to you unless you prefer pick up?

best

Justin

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads