J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Those are looking very nice indeed!! And I just wrote about his work today on the blog! Thanks as always for your support Andre!

2. kevinftwman

kevinftwman Member

Helpful post. Anyone know what that semicircle bit at the bottom/above the laces is called? Always wondered, but could never figure it out. Sometimes it's just a stitching but is there a formal name for it? Thanks.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

looks amazing

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I'm only able to go into town in weekends, so I suppose shipping would be the best option if it'll be finished on Monday. Cheers!

5. Adamjonzey

Adamjonzey Well-Known Member

I'm not one to post all my new purchases but I thouht i would put these up. The new penny loafer in antique brown.
    .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The quality of the hand sewing is great, and nice touch of the logo on the sole. (Thse have had one wear obviously)

One thing I am very please with is the shoe bags. My last two pairs, the bags have worn to shreds after only one or two uses. The shoe bags now seem to have been changed and are much sturdier, excellent quality. A small thing but it clearly mattered as otherwise they wouldn't have been improved and does show improvements in quality without massive price increases.

With a pair of C&J costing nearly £70 more these really are now proving even better value. There is not much out there is of this quality for similar or cheaper price. Especially with the service. (To put it in perspective I emailed sep largeur about two weeks ago regarding sizing on a miro loafer... I am still waiting, and the problem with buying from another country and returning is even more hassle)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

6. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

That's absolutely correct, the quality is wonderful for the price. It's always a pleasure dealing with Justin and I think he should know that the level of service he provides is a top reason I'm a repeat customer. (now only if the Canadian dollar would stop shedding against the pound :( )

7. The Shoe Snob

getting shipped out today YD, should be there tomorrow.

Appreciate the kind words and support as always Adam! Thanks so much!! (and glad that you are noticing the small details)

Thanks for saying so. For me Customer Service is so underrated in most company's eyes yet is so important. We should always treat others the way in which we would want to be treated ourselves.

I appreciate the kind words and continued support.

8. The Shoe Snob

I am always quite hesitant in releasing a green shoe as they are hard to sell. Even more frightening is a full on green boot. But I made these for a client and they came out great. Now I am on the fence of ordering them. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

That's one of those shoes that looks great in pictures, but is very hard to wear well. A very dark green would be more versatile.

10. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

^^^ As above, I'd prefer a darker green.

11. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

:drool:

They look amazing, but I would prefer them darker as well. Maybe black :)butbut:) laces as well.

They would look great as shoes as well.

Last edited: May 7, 2015

12. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I am looking at the Madison loafer, they are absolutely beautiful. I was wondering if you could explain how the TMG last fits? How is it compared to the 348?

Last edited: May 7, 2015

13. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

I have a pair of G&Gs in British Racing Green.

I was so happy with them, I ordered another pair in BRG.

They look fantastic and - not that I wear them for this purpose - get a lot of compliments.

So I'm all for green, but perhaps more BRG than your boots (which is not to say that your boots didn't turn out mighty fine).

14. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

Agreed with this.
    When the student loan gets paid off, that was going to be my next boot from you: BRG (or equivalent) calf upper with a grey suede shaft on the Wedgwood base and maybe the same uppers with a dark brown suede shaft on the Holman. But it would need to be a darker green for me to be wearable as often as I would like.

15. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

They are hard to sell IMO. I love different options and colours. I would echo the statements of a bit darker green. This would wear so well with browns and grays.

I think that this would be very sharp in a Wallingford II.

Is there the upcharge for green? Just the MTO fee?