J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

Just wanted to do a quick review on the Wedgwood boots and add to the positive feedback for Justin. I've had these for about 2 months now and they're very comfortable. Justin's communication was good when I had some questions about the shoes before buying them. I ordered a 9.5 (my usual UK size) and I'd say these were a hair wider in the forefoot than what I'm used to in a normal width 9.5, but the length was good. I put in an insole to help take up the volume and with my foot closer to the top of the shoe now they fit great. The leather is soft and the shoes creased evenly and in the right spot, plus the red really pops in the sunlight. I'll definitely be ordering more from Justin in the future. Especially if those green boots become a regular item...

My only gripes:
    1. The shaft is loose on me at the top because I've got skinny ankles. Would be less of an issue in the winter with thick socks, but I wish I could tie them tighter at the top. They stay on fine because it's a great fit everywhere else on my foot. This is the same issue I have with Carmina boots.

2. UPS delivered and the driver wanted the duties paid then and there with a check. It wasn't more than I pay for Carminas but I thought it was odd they do it that way. I know Justin has no control over this, but wanted to include it for potential US buyers so they're aware.

[​IMG]

2. tomrakewell

tomrakewell Senior member

... love 'em.

3. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I do appreciate it. The green for production is usually darker, only that the factory made it lighter this time as I asked them to not darken it specifically as per client request. But normally it is much darker.

The TMG last would fit comparable to the 348 for the oxfords. However, the loafers are made differently in the sense that they are snugger in fit as they should be for a low cut loafer. I usually recommend that people take the same size in both my loafers and oxfords, but if one has quite a broad foot, it may make sense to go half size up. My only fear at that point is heel slip. But if you don't mind a snug fit to begin with (to hopefully break in to fit just right), then best to stick with the same size that you would take in the 348 last. I hope that this helps

@Adamjonzey how would you say they fit in comparison to your Edgware's?

I can make it as dark as you want my friend, not to worry about that.

Wallingford II gives me ideas. Thank you!

But yes, it just falls under the MTO fee, no extra extra upcharge for green.

4. The Shoe Snob

Thank you for the kind words, feedback and much appreciated support. It means a lot.

-Justin

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  5. The Shoe Snob

On another note, we just launched our latest collaboration with Dandy Shoe Care, this time using our Greenwood model.

See below a few of the patinas that were created the last time we had this collabo, but on our Tony II model. These are only examples. The patina can be whatever you make it!

Link to ecommerce site: http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com...x-dandy-shoe-care-blog-exclusive#.VUygPvlVhBc

Link to blog post for more pics and info: http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2015...dy-shoe-care-exclusive-round-2-greenwood.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

Great idea - I've ordered a pair, now I need to decide the patina I want. That last picture of the dark brow to tan looks the most wearable of the ones above or maybe dark brown to ox-blood.

7. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Related to some of the above posts, do you have a MTO page, or a site (or list) where you can see the leather/suede options?

8. The Shoe Snob

Not yet, but i will very soon. Promise this time!! Just finalized the narrow and wide lasts and need to put everything in place with the factory to make sure it runs smoothly. Will do so before June.

But you can always ask me what you are looking for and I can show you the options of what I would have similiar

9. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

Hey, I think that second pair of all blue shoes (third from the bottom) are mine! And yes, they're just as spectacular in real life! Wore them today, actually. A brilliant shoe with a brilliant patina.....trying to hold off for good reasons on the latest offer of these gems........

10. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Justin, is there any way to get the all-white Greenwood? I kind of like it as is.

11. The Shoe Snob

going to PM you.

12. Adamjonzey

Adamjonzey Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I do appreciate it. The green for production is usually darker, only that the factory made it lighter this time as I asked them to not darken it specifically as per client request. But normally it is much darker.
    The TMG last would fit comparable to the 348 for the oxfords. However, the loafers are made differently in the sense that they are snugger in fit as they should be for a low cut loafer. I usually recommend that people take the same size in both my loafers and oxfords, but if one has quite a broad foot, it may make sense to go half size up. My only fear at that point is heel slip. But if you don't mind a snug fit to begin with (to hopefully break in to fit just right), then best to stick with the same size that you would take in the 348 last. I hope that this helps

@Adamjonzey how would you say they fit in comparison to your Edgware's?

I'll try to answer however My edgewares were way to big (which is why they went the the big ebay land in the sky) and I do have a Hallam on 348 but that is 8.5 so still a tad bigger. From other 348's I have tried on (please bear in mind this is in a shop environment so no prolonged walking) I'd say similar width at the widest but narrower going forward which is great for me in loafer form. I hate a loose loafer.

I have taken the same size in my Madison loafer as my greenwoods (tmg) similar out of the box.

I'd probably say if you have a 348 that is a nice snug fit then go with the same size in Madison, if your 348 is a little loose around the vamp and maybe down 1/2 size. Fit is quite subjective on loafers however so advice is always hard to give.

13. Adamjonzey

Adamjonzey Well-Known Member

Really don't know how I managed to add my answer into your quote,,,!! I need to learn how to use this site!

14. emidyl

emidyl Senior member

just type outside of the quoted box like I am.

15. The Shoe Snob