• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment foo-nishing

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

But claiming that A Theory of Justice does not make a contribution to legal philosophy is kind of whack. And, of course, you may not like it for any number of reasons but, as it's one of the most influential books written in the last 100 years, as is Anarchy State and Utopia, claiming that A Theory of Justice is "terrible" or "bullshit" is pretty silly.

Hence, as you are not a moron, I doubt you actually entertain these opinions. It follows that you are trolling, albeit pretty dry trolling.

Did I deny that it's an influential work? Of course it is. It's just unfortunate, because it's so bad.

Legal philosophy is no doubt influenced by political philosophy, but you have to realize that "legal philosophy" is nonetheless a distinct category. It's specifically concerned with the nature and validity of legal systems. Political philosophy is much, much broader than that and does not often provide much guidance to legal scholars working on legal issues. In studying both philosophy and law, I've never heard anyone refer to A Theory of Justice as legal philosophy.

Anyway, if you can't argue for which influential philosophical works are good or bad, you really don't know much about philosophy, do you? I never claimed I was any good at philosophical history.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

The thing that surprises me is how shameless you are...I think the only time you dared get serious in a discussion with me was in the personal messages, where I made a mockery of your "ideas". You aren't even a particularly good clown.

As for Manton, does he truly see the Iranian nuclear program as a threat?? I'd love his philosophical take on that...

I love you.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I, for one, would appreciate seeing these PMs.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I,.....What?...... Wasn't this thread bout an apartment decor 20 pages ago??

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Okay, let's try this. Suggestions for sub-$3,000 white, rectangular coffee tables. Greater than four feet in length and at least two feet in width. No higher than fifteen inches.

Go.

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never knew Lou Rawls was such a controversial figure. but i'll bet he did like shag ... rug. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Okay, let's try this. Suggestions for sub-$3,000 white, rectangular coffee tables. Greater than four feet in length and at least two feet in width. No higher than fifteen inches.

Go.

Cappellini used to make a series called the low table that came in every color of gloss and matte lacquer, but I see they no longer do. They were awesome.

Why not go down to the marble yard and have them make you a carrera marble thing to sit on the floor?

Last edited:

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's a heavy kitchen island! But it's also spread out over maybe 30 square feet, and the table over only 8 square feet. I'd be concerned about the floor's ability to hold that up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads