• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2021 SF Retrospective -or- How did you SF in 2021?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
don’t give me ideas..

I'm saying, if you block people you disagree with, that's basically creating your own echo chamber. The idea of an echo chamber is only hearing voices that "echo" yours.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm saying, if you block people you disagree with, that's basically creating your own echo chamber. The idea of an echo chamber is only hearing voices that "echo" yours.

You are assuming the blocking is to avoid hearing reasoned, rational and facts-based debate. If there was more of that and less "you're a racist POS, white nationalist, terrorist-supporting klansman" I might consider that strategy, but when the default position is the latter, there really is no point..

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You are assuming the blocking is to avoid hearing reasoned, rational and facts-based debate. If there was more of that and less "you're a racist POS, white nationalist, terrorist-supporting klansman" I might consider that strategy, but when the default position is the latter, there really is no point..

I'm prob going to get blocked for my comment. ?

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I typically only look at a few threads in CM and occasionally now and again look in SWD (started picking up selvedge jeans). My main interest is shoes so as far as SF goes so it's typically brands that fit my budget and foot which are very few (9 EEE with high instep and below $400) or generic shoe related like Boots, Boots, Boots... or similar.

I just don't identify with much on SF, for instance there is a thread for $30k for wedding attire (watch too) that's a down payment on a house to me. Or bespoke clothing or shoes, I'm just never going to consider that kind of money for those sorts of things. Rolex? I'll buy a Ducati or a Triumph. I can't see that I'd have anything constructive to offer as I'm not in that world.

Last edited:

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I typically only look at a few threads in CM and occasionally now and again look in SWD (started picking up selvedge jeans). My main interest is shoes so as far as SF goes so it's typically brands that fit my budget and foot which are very few (9 EEE with high instep and below $400) or generic shoe related like Boots, Boots, Boots... or similar.

I just don't identify with much on SF, for instance there is a thread for $30k for wedding attire (watch too) that's a down payment on a house to me. Or bespoke clothing or shoes, I'm just never going to consider that kind of money for those sorts of things. Rolex? I'll buy a Ducati or a Triumph. I can't see that I'd have anything constructive to offer as I'm not in that world.

I lurked for a long time over worries of being a "small timer", but honestly there is room for a lot of different stuff here. The 30k wedding attire thread is definitely a bit ridiculous (I mean, good for that guy I guess).

I haven't gotten into bespoke shoes either, but reading about them, craft, possibilities, etc can still be a learning experience.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm prob going to get blocked for my comment. ?

Ha, not at all. It was a genuine point without overt hostility, so no, why would I block anybody for that? I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about. The environment in CE boils down to "if you aren't actively with us you are against us and our enemy" and I just refuse to believe in such a reductive state of debate.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only read a handful of threads.

Spier and Mackay
WIWT classic mens casual style
Sons of Henry (Only recently as he is making sneakers now)
Grant Stone (Recently got into Casual boots)

Since I've been WFH for a bit and my workplace is very casual my style of dressing is evolving. I've gotten into boots, sneakers and other casual attire. I have ventured into the SWD side of this forum, but I get lost.

I'd say I'm in between Classic menswear casual and SWD. A good fitting pair of jeans, T shirt, boots and a classic pair of sneakers is what I"m into these days. And also flannels

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads