• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apartment foo-nishing

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Foo, if you're insistent on having stupid coffee table books you'll never read, you could at least do it with a self-aware wit and replace them with The Shock Doctrine and Pedagogy of the Oppressed.

I might spring for that book on overcoming OCD for the coffee table. I think it will offer insight into my self awareness to any guests. It will also explain why they should be more careful about moving things.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Some of the best nights of my life were 2 for 1 wing nights at local pubs. It was all we could afford for some time.

http://www.hurricanespubandgrill.com/

Sweet. They have "Mexican" food now too.

Last edited:

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good interiors are honest representations of one's domestic life, and the pursuits of happiness and beauty that take place in them. The end. A bad interior is a dishonest representation of one's domestic life, in which artifacts of one's pursuits of happiness and beauty are undisclosed for the sake of some fake effort in representing an idealized domestic life that isn't lived. The end.

Well said.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piob, you ever thought about becoming a country music star?

I have always been of the opinion that "country" and "music" generally do not belong in the same sentence.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Foo, if you're insistent on having stupid coffee table books you'll never read, you could at least do it with a self-aware wit and replace them with The Shock Doctrine and Pedagogy of the Oppressed.

I like Ralph Gibson's nude women because they're nude women.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The same tree...oh ok, case closed. I hear the BurgerKing school of thought has made dispositive statements regarding others as well.

It's hard to talk with you since you think are talking from a podium...and that I find comical, if my suspicion is indeed true--you wrote a book on clothing using Machiavelli as literary device. 

You probably think the Iranian nuclear threat is the "civilized world's" greatest threat...and other more darling ideas.

Vernon, do not force the end to a rather good run like this.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

Everything has a life span...I do not have Stephen's stamina, while he continues to post I am withering.

Seen it a million times. Sock starts the race on adrenaline, but forgets the electrolytes.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Manton is just being more mature than me and does not want to drown the thread in philosophical argument. As Matt points out, most of us just can't help ourselves.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, if you really want to get into it.

[Extensive yadda]

I didn't, really. A point-by-point discussion of Rawls is not in the cards for me today. There are already many millions of words on the subject and I can see you are getting revved up to make a substantial contribution to the corpus.

But claiming that A Theory of Justice does not make a contribution to legal philosophy is kind of whack. And, of course, you may not like it for any number of reasons but, as it's one of the most influential books written in the last 100 years, as is Anarchy State and Utopia, claiming that A Theory of Justice is "terrible" or "bullshit" is pretty silly.

Hence, as you are not a moron, I doubt you actually entertain these opinions. It follows that you are trolling, albeit pretty dry trolling.

Not that I don't appreciate a good troll, mind you. For example, I greatly enjoyed FNB's ruminations on hopsack. Perhaps Vernon could weigh in here.

True flokati story time.

A couple of years ago a friend brings his new girlfriend over to our place for a cocktail party. She's a 26-year-old Brazilian model. 5'10" mostly leg. Miniskirt.

At that time we had a large whole flokati in our living room. She spies it, squeals, drops down onto her back and proceeds to roll back and forth saying how much she loves shag rugs. Like Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein. My wife leans over to me and says, "shall we just serve the canapes on her?

I've never seen a shag rug fail to deliver.

They don't call them shag rugs because they have a thick pile.

I'm getting married today, 5:30 pm.

I know! Congratulations! Did you invite anyone from SF? Because that would be awesome.

SG: "Honey, I'd like you to meet some friends of mine. This is, ahh, Dopey and, uhm, Vox and, err, Spoo and, well, Manton and Nore."
Wife: "Oh My God! You're in some sort of gang, aren't you?"

BTW, if you are late for your own wedding because you are posting on SF, Fok will get you your own emoticon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads