• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

Wooglin

Reaction score
I need some slim fit Chino's and can't seem to find anything good. I have a pair of straight leg chino's from Banana Republic that are kind of slim, but I can't seem to find any good slim fit chinos. Anyone have suggestions? (I've read the entire thread on the topic, and came away with nothing)

Rugby, Unis, J. Crew, Sid Mashburn...just depends on how much you want to spend.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some slim fit Chino's and can't seem to find anything good. I have a pair of straight leg chino's from Banana Republic that are kind of slim, but I can't seem to find any good slim fit chinos. Anyone have suggestions? (I've read the entire thread on the topic, and came away with nothing)

These:
http://www.parkandbond.com/product/81058069

skeptic

Reaction score
Baron Wells also has slim fit (no kidding: the top block is the slimmest I've seen). I have two pairs as well as tried the above.

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Some cheap chinos? Wear a 28x32 around there.
$30-40.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
Looking for a good casual belt that can be dressed up. Something along the lines of a D-Ring or braided leather.

Thanks.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone suggest a white oxford (can't be see through when worn without an under shirt) that is slim fitting and can be worn tucked in and tucked out without looking long and droopy length wise. Budget is in the $150-180 range

Try WvG or Epaulet. WvG might be too short to tuck if you're tall though. Epaulet has 14day returns for SF members so no risk.

H61m

Reaction score
I've been searching around for winter outerwear that's warm as well as a good deal water-resistant/windproof and was wondering if people knew of labels that were made in the US, Canada, or Europe?

I know of Mackage, Krane, and Canada Goose. Also looking at "technical stuff" so I know Bogner (too expensive) and Westcomb. Thanks.

Wooglin

Reaction score
I've been searching around for winter outerwear that's warm as well as a good deal water-resistant/windproof and was wondering if people knew of labels that were made in the US, Canada, or Europe?

I know of Mackage, Krane, and Canada Goose. Also looking at "technical stuff" so I know Bogner (too expensive) and Westcomb. Thanks.
Barbour and if you want crazy tech outerwear try Norona.

mrpo0nani

Reaction score
Thanks Woog.

Can someone recommend a spread collar, navy gingham shirt size 14 collar?
I can't find a good brand that carries 14" collars.

Cheers, gents.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recs for a short-ish sleek mac coat that would hit upper-mid thigh on a short dude (5'6")? :eek: preferably mid-range price, material doesn't matter too much

Last edited:

ryanw2050

Reaction score
I'm in serious need of brown leather casual shoes. Brogues, captoes, whatever. I'll be wearing them with button downs and APC Petit Standards.

What brands should I look at for a price of around $200 USD? I looked at some Cole Haans but couldn't find anything I liked. The Nike integration they are doing seems tacky.

bchin415

Reaction score
Hi, I'm doing the same shopping as you are. Right now, I'm really liking the Aldo Mr. B Adamis in cognac. Check it out, but I've been trying to see how others feel about it on here. My budget is around your price range too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Archipelagos