• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
SOC Rider that I've had for a little while now and new-to-me Warehouse Type II.

20230929_135616.jpg

20230929_135457.jpg
20230929_135410.jpg

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am searching for herringbone chore coat (N-3) in khaki or navy. I will get olive eventually from Real McCoys but I can not find any brands I am mainly into doing this style in khaki or navy.

I only found khaki and navy from Beams Plus so I am wondering how is their quality as I never had anything from that brand. I know they are Japanese brand and everything is made in Japan but I also know they are a lot more mainstream than repro brands so would love to hear suggestions/opinions.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.49.31.png

Treble

Reaction score
I am searching for herringbone chore coat (N-3) in khaki or navy. I will get olive eventually from Real McCoys but I can not find any brands I am mainly into doing this style in khaki or navy.

I only found khaki and navy from Beams Plus so I am wondering how is their quality as I never had anything from that brand. I know they are Japanese brand and everything is made in Japan but I also know they are a lot more mainstream than repro brands so would love to hear suggestions/opinions.

View attachment 2038091

I can't help with this specific question but not everything from Beams is made in Japan these days, so do check before purchasing (some even say 'Japanese Fabric' prominently but are made in China). I have a few bits from them and think the quality is good 'pound for pound', obviously the likes of McCoys are better.

They are similar to Buzz Ricksons, who could also have something on this search.

Eastman (past seasons) could have something.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't help with this specific question but not everything from Beams is made in Japan these days, so do check before purchasing (some even say 'Japanese Fabric' prominently but are made in China). I have a few bits from them and think the quality is good 'pound for pound', obviously the likes of McCoys are better.

They are similar to Buzz Ricksons, who could also have something on this search.

Eastman (past seasons) could have something.
Thanks for this comment. Most stores where I found this jacket did not have stated where it is made so I searched a little more and found out it is actually Made in China as you said. A few stores have Made in Japan in description but I guess it is because they just use copy-paste description for most Beams Plus products. So I will pass on it and keep searching for this style+color combination.

Gzisis69

Reaction score
Hi there, i need your help to choose my first and only good grey sweatshirt. Im 176cm 70kg and i have a tad longer arms as most guys have( 1-2cm but enough to find some shirts-sweats a little short there). I like the ballpark from real mc coys but havent tried it caus its everywhere sold out. I found the cushman lot 26903 on many sites and that may be the one but i cant find a pic of someone wearing it to see how it looks worn. I like a short body- not too loosy neckline but cant seem to find one. Any suggestions ?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i need your help to choose my first and only good grey sweatshirt. Im 176cm 70kg and i have a tad longer arms as most guys have( 1-2cm but enough to find some shirts-sweats a little short there). I like the ballpark from real mc coys but havent tried it caus its everywhere sold out. I found the cushman lot 26903 on many sites and that may be the one but i cant find a pic of someone wearing it to see how it looks worn. I like a short body- not too loosy neckline but cant seem to find one. Any suggestions ?
I also want Ballpark but it is sold out everywhere in grey. And no info if it is gonna be restocked this season. With shorter body from measurements also the grey loopwheeled sweatshirt from Buzz Rickson's looks good. Many say the best is The Strike Gold sweatshirt but it seems just a bit too long in the body in the size I would need.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the 26901 Tsuri Ami and can attest to it’s quality and comfort. The neck is small enough for me, and my neck is pretty skinny… The length is also reasonable, not too long.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does RMC remake the washed black sawtooth denim often? Below link is what I'm referencing.

Separately are there other brands with washed black sawtooth denim shirts i should be looking at?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does RMC remake the washed black sawtooth denim often? Below link is what I'm referencing.

Separately are there other brands with washed black sawtooth denim shirts i should be looking at?
Reach out to S&S and ask as they may be able to special order this from Japan for you

Wildeep

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Visvim Elk Flannel? I’m keeping my eye out and wondering what they’re like, how they compare to Iron Heart UHF for example. Cheers, Josh

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Visvim Elk Flannel? I’m keeping my eye out and wondering what they’re like, how they compare to Iron Heart UHF for example. Cheers, Josh
Personally, I don't think they are comparable. They're different products in different markets. You can compare IH to other repro brands, but Visvim is designer.

Wildeep

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think they are comparable. They're different products in different markets. You can compare IH to other repro brands, but Visvim is designer.
Just shows my ignorance…. Still understanding this world. If you have a bit of time and can humour me, What’s the difference between Repro and designer ? And just generally, forget the comparison to IH, is the Visvim flannel recommended?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Just shows my ignorance…. Still understanding this world. If you have a bit of time and can humour me, What’s the difference between Repro and designer ? And just generally, forget the comparison to IH, is the Visvim flannel recommended?
Have to ask about Visvim in the Visvim thread ha--they will be of better help.

My opinion is spend less than half on the Iron Heart than the Visvim ($360 v $895) and it's 4-5x as much if you acquire in JP. Iron Heart already has amazing quality--will Visvim make a better product that justifies their price? No, likely not. Is IH better than UES? Now you have asked a great question.

I don't think any Visvim is worth their retail price and most guys in this thread would prefer IH, UES, SDA, etc. since that's what we discuss in here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any other Japanese shops similar to Hinoya that include import charge together with shipping cost at checkout? Very useful for us EU people. Unfortunately Hinoya has a lot of items I would like to order already out of stock.

bergbooty

Reaction score
Have to ask about Visvim in the Visvim thread ha--they will be of better help.

My opinion is spend less than half on the Iron Heart than the Visvim ($360 v $895) and it's 4-5x as much if you acquire in JP. Iron Heart already has amazing quality--will Visvim make a better product that justifies their price? No, likely not. Is IH better than UES? Now you have asked a great question.

I don't think any Visvim is worth their retail price and most guys in this thread would prefer IH, UES, SDA, etc. since that's what we discuss in here.
Well put but how would we define Kapital? Straddles that line as an homage rather than repro.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads