• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For reference, that VBC med gray in the V2 is actually very dark like that picture. I bought that a few weeks back and returned it because I wanted to wait for the hopsack V3. Their pictures seems to be pretty accurate of the actual fabric color. I recently received the Bottoli blue wool/linen blazer and the color is pretty spot on with the website too.

I also have the medium gray v2. In my experience it's not as dark as it appears on the website. Lol. Hence my request for real life pics of the new charcoal v3.

There's a gray/charcoal hopsack v3 suit coming? :puzzled:

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of the new VBC Charcoal Sharkskin Neapolitan suit?
Just happened to be dropping mine at the tailor today. Happened to have a light grey VBC on counter as well, so this might give you some idea of color. It's charcoal.

upload_2018-6-9_13-41-16.png

View attachment 987565

jamie411

Reaction score
They look great, but the gray check is actually a v1, not v2.
Yeah, you might be right. Its hard to keep track of which is which... I know I have the VBC houndstooth flannel in v2, so maybe i'm confusing the two since I ordered them around the same time.

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Hey gentlemen, I was wondering if anyone had any interest in a few sportscoats and a suit. Most worn once for a few hours and with no alterations. All in perfect like new condition. Size 42R Contemporary.
1. E. Thomas Green Slub Sportscoat 3-roll-2 Unstructured (42R Contemporary) $225
2. E. Thomas Brown Check Wool/Cashmere Blend 2 Button Unstructured (42R Contemporary) $160
3. Angelico Gray guncheck 2 button Unstructured (42R Contemporary) $175
4. Gray Wide peak lapel with ticket pocket. Both jacket and trousers unhemmed and never worn at all. (42R Contemporary/36 Contemporary Trousers unhemmed) $175
I'm simply trying to recoup most of money I got them for to put towards other items that are longer. I foolishly went with my website measurements saying length was 30.3 inches and all three sportscoats are between 29.5-29.75 inches (under collar to back hem). I don't know if this was specific to the unstructured jackets, but apparently they all like this. So if you have similar ones they be same, but 30.3 was touch too short and being bit under that was just too short for my 6'2.5 frame.
The Peak Lapel Suit measures true to size chart in length and all else.
Comment and I can send pics or measurements or any other info needed! Thanks gentlemen! I hate to part with any as I find them all exceptional and if fit was there, I'd be set. Or email me at [email protected]
*In last pic from far left side closest to wall in indoor light is the
1. Gray Peak lapel suit touching wall
2.E. Thomas Green Slub next to it
3. Gray Houndstooth Jacket (not selling)
4. Angelico Gray Guncheck
5. E. Thomas Brown Check Wool/Cashmere

20180414_215156.jpg

IMG_20180205_171611_128.jpg

20180214_210341.jpg

20180212_153116.jpg

20180212_161810.jpg

Last edited:

infinidox

Reaction score
Ordered several pairs of linen pants thinking they’d be perfect for summer wedding and work during the casual days of summer. Much to my chagrin, it appears as though I really need to be ordering size 40 instead of 38, which doesn’t exist.

Anyone done MTM with pants through S&M? Just wondering how smooth the process was and what kind of upcharge I’d be looking at.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ordered several pairs of linen pants thinking they’d be perfect for summer wedding and work during the casual days of summer. Much to my chagrin, it appears as though I really need to be ordering size 40 instead of 38, which doesn’t exist.

Anyone done MTM with pants through S&M? Just wondering how smooth the process was and what kind of upcharge I’d be looking at.

Which Linens dis you pick up?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads