• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tnjed

Reaction score
Took advantage of the current flash sale. I couldn't find anything indicating this was final sale. Have been having trouble getting dialed in on the fit of the trousers, so was hoping to have the option to return if needed.

dangaa

Reaction score
Same here. Ordered a couple pairs of moleskins last night and now the flannels. I almost don't want to know what's on sale next....

Kidding :)

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick iPhone pics. IPhone quality, blah blah blah.

Brown moon tweed
DBBDC7A6-4FE0-435C-B7B2-7B1E39421922.jpeg

Gun Check
0E78AC50-8EDC-477D-A33C-91DA28D63A85.jpeg

Burgundy slub
960BFAEC-49EC-44E6-9412-FBAF0C0313ED.jpeg

Green slub
56B408EA-4818-47F0-93F5-BBB879A90B0C.jpeg

Donegal
3906F80B-C94F-4A15-93B0-B4F2FF98C2E2.jpeg

Initial thoughts:
Slubs are fantastic. No structure, wear like a sweater. Fit is a bit loose through the body and sleeves. Fabric is SOFT.

Donegal is awesome and heavy. But not too heavy. I think. More grey ish brown than I thought. Best fit of the bunch.

Gun Check is instantly a keeper. Great colours and texture. Fits slim in the body.

Moon tweed is nice and light, great tone to the brown. Looser in the body and sleeves, but not as much as the slub.

Gonna try to narrow down to three to keep... Right now burgundy slub and gun check are 100% confirmed. Torn between Donegal and brown tweed.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick iPhone pics. IPhone quality, blah blah blah.

Brown moon tweed
View attachment 873486

Gun Check
View attachment 873487

Burgundy slub
View attachment 873488

Green slub
View attachment 873489

Donegal
View attachment 873490

Initial thoughts:
Slubs are fantastic. No structure, wear like a sweater. Fit is a bit loose through the body and sleeves. Fabric is SOFT.

Donegal is awesome and heavy. But not too heavy. I think. More grey ish brown than I thought. Best fit of the bunch.

Gun Check is instantly a keeper. Great colours and texture. Fits slim in the body.

Moon tweed is nice and light, great tone to the brown. Looser in the body and sleeves, but not as much as the slub.

Gonna try to narrow down to three to keep... Right now burgundy slub and gun check are 100% confirmed. Torn between Donegal and brown tweed.

I like the Donegal on you. After a bit of tailoring the slub will be phenomenal.

Last edited:

NickInTO

Reaction score
Stopped in to the store today to check out the new sportcoats. The gun club is unreal. Everyone should buy it.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gun club looks way too small on you dude, sorry. the hips are pulling away, the chest is more bowed than the rest, the shoulders are divoting like crazy, waist looks tight.

i guess if a tailor can let it out in all those areas to effect any kind of change, cool. but i'm trying to be a voice of reason in the face of truly drool-worthy cloth!

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
Hi Rick

Hope you are doing well, I have emailed S&M info a few days ago regarding a shipping to the UK. Would you mind checking if this has gotten to yourselves. Ideally I wanted to have tried a few shirts during your sale.

Thank You,
Ricky

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gun club looks way too small on you dude, sorry. the hips are pulling away, the chest is more bowed than the rest, the shoulders are divoting like crazy, waist looks tight.

i guess if a tailor can let it out in all those areas to effect any kind of change, cool. but i'm trying to be a voice of reason in the face of truly drool-worthy cloth!

Damn you for being so reasonable. I hadn't undone the flaps in back, which may be pulling the hips. Probably not the shoulders or chest though haha. The shirt was all bunched up in the sleeve as I was attempting to have my wife take these 5 pics while simultaneously watching our 3 year old and 8 month old.

Maybe I'm justifying a bit, or I might have to try a 44 if there are any left...

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you for being so reasonable. I hadn't undone the flaps in back, which may be pulling the hips. Probably not the shoulders or chest though haha. The shirt was all bunched up in the sleeve as I was attempting to have my wife take these 5 pics while simultaneously watching our 3 year old and 8 month old.

Maybe I'm justifying a bit, or I might have to try a 44 if there are any left...

Take it to the tailor and see what he/she says. I debated strongly about it but ultimately am sending the jacket back for these same reasons essentially.

I just know i like when folks point things out to me when I’m emotionally tied to something!

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My vote is with the Moon tweed.

Looks like they all need a little waist and sleeve tailoring, but nothing major. Personally I think they are all about an inch short, but I understand that is the intended look.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gun check looks awesome. Thanks for the pics. Also, thanks for the feedback on how each drapes and fits. That'll help me choose between the slim and contemporary depending on which jackets I go with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads