• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i want one in every color. for real. what colors are you going to actually carry @spiermackay ? and how is that prototype jacket coming along?

I might be more drawn to the tweed colors vs the full donegal from those swatches, though hard to tell until I see them made up. Sounds like the donegal is the one being done in the prototype Neapolitan and the tweeds, though no idea on colors, will be in the normal sportcoat cut (3.5" lapels, though hopefully still with the soft Spalla Camicia shoulders).

If something is coming in a darker green I will have hit the lottery and be able to get something in navy, brown, and green all this Fall.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I might be more drawn to the tweed colors vs the full donegal from those swatches, though hard to tell until I see them made up. Sounds like the donegal is the one being done in the prototype Neapolitan and the tweeds, though no idea on colors, will be in the normal sportcoat cut (3.5" lapels, though hopefully still with the soft Spalla Camicia shoulders).

If something is coming in a darker green I will have hit the lottery and be able to get something in navy, brown, and green all this Fall.
That's somewhat confusing, as all of those swatches look like donegal to me.

johnbond8459

Reaction score
It seems to be that it's just different. Not what they are used to seeing or what they have in mind when they go suit shopping. Almost like a shock. They don't see it on TV or in the movies or on any of their peers. Afraid of the unknown I guess. Most here are familiar with it and have seen many images on IG or blogs, etc. Seen it on people in the wild and how really elegant it can look. It's a strong, masculine look that the mainstream hasn't gotten the grasp of yet. Heck, even Tom Ford is revolutionary for most at this point. We still have customers coming in looking for skinny lapels and ties.

I'd have to agree with Spex here. I work in a conservative environment and my S&M suit are the widest lapels in the office by far (except for those gentlemen that are still wearing suits from the 80s). I think the lapel width now (size 38 here) is the widest I'd ever go at this point. I'd actually prefer a 3" width rather than 3.5". Sure this isn't 'fashionable' but it's what the masses want. I'd hope that if customers are requesting slightly slimmer lapels that you'd do a test run on them.

Additionally, I'd like to see a sport coat without patch pockets. Switch up the fabric and it doesn't look like an orphaned suit jacket. I get more odd stares and 'what is wrong with your jacket' from my patch pockets than anything else. Additionally, being a short guy they make me look even shorter than I am.

Here is hoping.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We have a Green Slub in Wool/Silk/Cashmere coming in EThomas fabric in an "unstructured" jacket. Similar to something you would expect from Cuccinelli. No canvas, just the chest piece and the cloth. Like a sweater almost it's soft soft.

Beav

Reaction score
We have a Green Slub in Wool/Silk/Cashmere coming in EThomas fabric in an "unstructured" jacket. Similar to something you would expect from Cuccinelli. No canvas, just the chest piece and the cloth. Like a sweater almost it's soft soft.

Any pics? Sounds amazing.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's somewhat confusing, as all of those swatches look like donegal to me.

True, I thought so too from the color variation and that's what I like about them. I might be a little sad that they won't be in the prototype cut as I think they would go so great together, but I do like the normal jacket cut as well.

You are killing it and that sounds awesome, you should get some fabric previews up Rick.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any pics? Sounds amazing.

I just have a tiny piece of the fabric, a picture won't do it justice. The jacket I have a prototype here in a generic cloth. Better to wait and see the finished item. It's also going to be in a merlot/burgundy colour.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
True, I thought so too from the color variation and that's what I like about them. I might be a little sad that they won't be in the prototype cut as I think they would go so great together, but I do like the normal jacket cut as well.

You are killing it and that sounds awesome, you should get some fabric previews up Rick.

As discussed, the Neapolitan is a HUGE risk for us. Can't afford to run all the jackets in that cut.

The Donegal has flecks of other colour fibres running though it. The tweed is simply woven with different yarns to get the effect. Quite different once they are side by side.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As discussed, the Neapolitan is a HUGE risk for us. Can't afford to run all the jackets in that cut.

The Donegal has flecks of other colour fibres running though it. The tweed is simply woven with different yarns to get the effect. Quite different once they are side by side.

Totally makes sense since basically it would just be us in here interested in the prototype for the most part, what colors are you running jackets in the tweeds? One of the browns and the navy in that could be the ticket for me, plus the green wool/silk/cashmere slub and I would be elated

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Totally makes sense since basically it would just be us in here interested in the prototype for the most part, what colors are you running jackets in the tweeds? One of the browns and the navy in that could be the ticket for me, plus the green wool/silk/cashmere slub and I would be elated

I know it's the first blue, one of the grays and one of the browns, though I can't recall off the top of my head. I marked it on the card. I'll have to get back to you on that.

cloud82

Reaction score
I just have a tiny piece of the fabric, a picture won't do it justice. The jacket I have a prototype here in a generic cloth. Better to wait and see the finished item. It's also going to be in a merlot/burgundy colour.

Really looking forward to the green and burgundy slubs...

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's the first blue, one of the grays and one of the browns, though I can't recall off the top of my head. I marked it on the card. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Say no more, let the countdown to preorder begin :slayer:

Really looking forward to the green and burgundy slubs...

No kidding, those sound awesome.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member