• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any chance of stretch chinos being made? or summer weight stretch chinos (for next summer obviously)?
I have never come across a stretch fabric that I've liked. I don't mind blends, but draw that line a stretch. That being said, I know that stretch fabrics are extra popular these days. I guess that's why I've been buying vintage for the past several years.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any chance of stretch chinos being made? or summer weight stretch chinos (for next summer obviously)?

The dress chinos in tan and navy have stretch and are a summer weight. The description for them is incorrect, I'm pretty sure mine say 3% spandex and for sure have stretch.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Yes, that jacket is a bit too short. Otherwise, it seems to fit you really well, so maybe exchange for a long?

The pants are too long and/or you're wearing them too low on your waist. They do have a fairly slim opening, but I think they'd be okay on you with less of a break.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating exchanging these recent suit purchase. Please give your opinion on the fit. Does the tail look a bit short and the pant opening too slim?

Thanks.

View attachment 821595 View attachment 821596 View attachment 821597 View attachment 821598
As is the jacket is too short. It looks like you're wearing the pants pretty low on your hips. If you can't pull your pants up any higher, I'd recommend getting the pants a size up and taking in the waist or getting a long jacket if they're available. The pants need hemming which will result in a wider opening. As is, I don't think the opening looks too slim, but it is really a matter of personal preference. I can see someone thinking they're too slim. The chest, sleeves and back of the jacket seem to fit really well.

mrpaul

Reaction score
@SJR3 , @An Acute Style

You're right I was wearing the pants about 1 inch low due to it being somewhat tight below the knee once I pulled them up. I will need to swap to a bigger size to get a wider opening as there is not enough fabric to let out.

Thanks for the inputs. I know what I need to exchange now.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
IMG_1631.JPG

Just received this peak lapel suit. Absolutely love it! I don't even really have a need for a peak lapel suit, but I've always wanted to own a Tom Ford-ish suit, and this one from Spier was just too good of a deal to pass up. I'm sure I'll get some good use out of it at weddings and such.

This is the "medium gray." It's a bit darker than I expected, but that's not a huge deal. I wish the lapels were a skosh larger, but still, I'm very satisfied for the price. Pick one up before they're gone.

Also, I like the burgundy jacket lining S&M is doing. It's something I probably wouldn't have chosen if given the option beforehand, but actually seeing it, I like it. A pleasant surprise!

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how's the fit on the chinos; specifically the washed khaki?

would they work for business casual/tucking a shirt in?

thanks.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great brother! Love the cuffs and the bit loafers with it.

Trying to test the waters at work with sport coats. We're pretty casual but work in design, I'm always surprised how poorly people dress.

Got my first "do you have a job interview today" comment and I've only been here for 20 min haha.

IMG_2738.JPG

Last edited:

pmestrad

Reaction score
Rick,

Did you guys change the fit of your contemporary fit line suits/pants? I am a 38R and 32 in both and my last batch of items fit phenomenally. In fact, I am wearing the blue speck pants now and they fit great. Also, I have the 38R contemporary olive check jacket that also fits phenomenally without tailoring. I ordered the blue wool-linen check suit in 38R contemporary and both the jacket and pants fit significantly tighter. The jacket had narrower shoulders, which was significant when compared to my olive check jacket. The pants were less noticeably tighter, but certainly more restrictive in the thighs than my blue speck pants. I have sent both back in exchange for a 40R contemporary suit, but was the sizing actually changed? has anyone else noticed this same thing or was it just me?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great brother! Love the cuffs and the bit loafers with it.

Trying to test the waters at work with sport coats. We're pretty casual but work in design, I'm always surprised how poorly people dress.

Got my first "do you have a job interview today" comment and I've only been here for 20 min haha.

View attachment 822319
Good look. If you can get a better pic and a chance, can you post this in the Sport Coat and Jeans Thread?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick,

Did you guys change the fit of your contemporary fit line suits/pants? I am a 38R and 32 in both and my last batch of items fit phenomenally. In fact, I am wearing the blue speck pants now and they fit great. Also, I have the 38R contemporary olive check jacket that also fits phenomenally without tailoring. I ordered the blue wool-linen check suit in 38R contemporary and both the jacket and pants fit significantly tighter. The jacket had narrower shoulders, which was significant when compared to my olive check jacket. The pants were less noticeably tighter, but certainly more restrictive in the thighs than my blue speck pants. I have sent both back in exchange for a 40R contemporary suit, but was the sizing actually changed? has anyone else noticed this same thing or was it just me?

No, didn't change a thing. Different fabrics will fit/drape slightly different. With Linen, there is less give than with wool. It doesn't have the same elasticity. That said, you should still fit the same size and not have to size up. What was your order#, I'd like to see the items once they get back to us to see if they are off spec or not.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt