• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alvinblue

Reaction score
has anybody gotten a hold of any customer service at all from them?

I sent 3 emails between December 26th-January 12th about a return, no response back. I dm'd them on instagram this morning and got an immediate response. I'm a huge S&M advocate, but their customer service is inexcusable.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anybody gotten a hold of any customer service at all from them?
My experience with their CS has been anywhere from an hour reply to 3 to 4 business days. All by email.
Very acceptable but appears this is not consistent with some other peoples experience.
Hopefully I won't be asked to provide proof because I usually delete them soon after receiving them. Reading the S&M thread it appears response time varies greatly individual to individual.
;)

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Follow up on my parka purchase and the one hour response regarding if they could ship it asap.
As posted they shipped it the same day as my request. UPS showed a Monday delivery but it came 3 days earlier arriving this afternoon.
The fit is perfect. As advised by S&M I ordered my regular size which is a 42 slim in their SC's and simply a 42 or L
in the parka. It fits tailored wearing two layers underneath. A long sleeve t with a fairly thick turtleneck sweater over it.
I'll put it to the thermal test in 12 days when I'm in Utah where temps have been averaging 30ish days and
low single digits to low teens in the evening.
Reiterate that I am expressing only my experience with S&M and CS.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parka pics size (L) 42

fullsizeoutput_1abf.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ac1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ac6.jpeg

OxandFord

Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker and a massive fan of SM clothing. Not sure if this has been asked before but are side adjusters acceptable on more casual fabrics like corduroy.? I prefer not wearing a belt as much as possible but I'm not quite sure about side adjusters on casual fabrics

Jason12

Reaction score
i have no problems with side adjusters on cord trousers, particularly needlecord or fine wale cord. For heavier wale I would rather have a 5 pocket or belt loops type of trouser but I never wear belts anyway.

not a big deal or a rule IMO

blewnote1

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on the covert vs cavalry twill trousers? Obviously one is wool one is cotton. Are the coverts "dressier" or are they both pretty sharp looking paired with a sportcoat? Do they drape and hold a crease about the same? Are the calvary twills a little better for milder weather (living in New Orleans the weather doesn't really get too cold)?

Additionally, can anyone with the purple label oxfords (2 ply Egyptian cotton) speak to whether they shrink much in the wash? The 17 fits my neck spot on but I'm worried if it shrinks at all it may become uncomfortable.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on the covert vs cavalry twill trousers? Obviously one is wool one is cotton. Are the coverts "dressier" or are they both pretty sharp looking paired with a sportcoat? Do they drape and hold a crease about the same? Are the calvary twills a little better for milder weather (living in New Orleans the weather doesn't really get too cold)

Can’t help with real world experience, but I hesitated on choosing between these two this morning as well. I went for the cav twill because I like the colour shade more. I’m in Houston, so similar climate.

JTrent82

Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker and a massive fan of SM clothing. Not sure if this has been asked before but are side adjusters acceptable on more casual fabrics like corduroy.? I prefer not wearing a belt as much as possible but I'm not quite sure about side adjusters on casual fabrics
Acceptable, yes. Ideal? No, not in my opinion. I'm not a fan of side adjusters on casual fabrics. Especially on thicker fabrics like cord and moleskin. I would much prefer S&M made high rise cords and moleskins modeled on their high-rise chinos.

Commonbloke

Reaction score
Anyone have thoughts on the covert vs cavalry twill trousers? Obviously one is wool one is cotton. Are the coverts "dressier" or are they both pretty sharp looking paired with a sportcoat? Do they drape and hold a crease about the same? Are the calvary twills a little better for milder weather (living in New Orleans the weather doesn't really get too cold)?

Additionally, can anyone with the purple label oxfords (2 ply Egyptian cotton) speak to whether they shrink much in the wash? The 17 fits my neck spot on but I'm worried if it shrinks at all it may become uncomfortable.

Both are very different.

Covert are definitely dressier (on the formality scale I feel they are a few notches above the Cavalry twill cottons).

Cavalry twill are substantial cotton trousers that would almost feel like workwear if not for the cut. They are very stiff. Very good to pair with jeans or Oxford shirts.

Not sure either handle heat and humidity well as the cotton is very tightly woven.

BlueSteel

Reaction score

I have both covert and the cotton CT trousers. Both heavy weight. Covert has a bit of a sheen to the fabric, and depending on the color can give a bit of a two-tone effect in certain changing light.

For me, the CT - being cotton - wrinkles more easily and shows those wrinkles. Does not hold a crease nearly as well as the covert. I thought I would be wearing the CT with blazers, but realized they were more suited to casual outfits - something like a flannel shirt or maybe a button-down and Viberg boots.

The covert are proper dress trousers - and in fact look better even with dressier jackets...mostly because the sheen of the fabric looks more formal even than a rustic tweed jacket. Better with a dressier worsted wool jacket or a solid color in hopsack or the like.

Again, personally I find both of these too heavy to consider in true summer weather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads