• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could it simply be the size of the straps (width, thickness, etc…)? Like, perhaps at that size a threshold of durability is crossed in relation to the materials and construction?

I think the deployant, folded edges, overall thickness (no taper!) and the end of the strap being kind of round instead of sharper help a lot. The underside does have the text worn out and some color bleed but really doesn't look that bad given this watch is ~18 - 22 years old or something like that.

All I know is...if a strap is on $$$ alligator, it's now going on a deployant lol

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think the deployant, folded edges, overall thickness (no taper!) and the end of the strap being kind of round instead of sharper help a lot. The underside does have the text worn out and some color bleed but really doesn't look that bad given this watch is ~18 - 22 years old or something like that.

All I know is...if a strap is on $$$ alligator, it's now going on a deployant lol

I hate deployants 🤷‍♂️

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the nepo-est nepo babies to ever nepo baby.
According to Google, he's the 25 year old head of Louis Vuitton's watch division. You think he could have achieved that simply because his father owns the company?

Your cynicism disappoints me.

JamesInLondon

Reaction score
According to Google, he's the 25 year old head of Louis Vuitton's watch division. You think he could have achieved that simply because his father owns the company?

Your cynicism disappoints me.
I have known Jean A for about three years now and have to say that he is an interesting, remarkably humble guy who knows quite a lot about watches, but much more importantly - cares about watches.

He doesn’t run the LVMH watch division, rather he runs the only watch brand outside the LVMH watch division - Louis Vuitton. Or, to give it its full title Louis Vuitton Watches La Fabrique du Temps. It’s the high end operation managed by two of the most creative guys in the entire Swiss watch business, Barbasini and Navas. They aren’t as well known as Journe or Voutilainen but their creativity was behind most of the batshit crazy watches of the last 40 years.

Off the top of my head - The AP Ra auto tourbillon, the Franck Muller Crazy Hours, almost all of Gerald Genta’s complicated watches, all of the crazy watches from Hublot and Concord before 2006, all of Laurent Ferrier’s original production.

Jean took over LFDT three years ago and sees his role as keeping the two guys on track; he has done pretty well, I would say, they have won two GPHG awards since his arrival.

The link is to the first LV watch I ever bought, around 10 years ago.
Obviously before Jean arrived, but it gives you an idea of what they are capable of
https://www.timezone.com/2014/10/15...-twin-chronograph-match-racing-james-dowling/

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif
No I’m aware, I just thought it’d be really funny to put those 2 posts side by side.
That makes sense!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you OP shared this in jest or not but he's a comedian on social media and being rich and insufferable is his schtick!

Impressive! Jean Arnault is a comedian and a CEO of a watch brand. He's going to be like Johnny Sins who's been a cop, doctor, soldier, lawyer, teacher, fireman, astronaut...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a great bit . i think it's a toktok thing but it makes its way into twotter . I think that guy might be American lol

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasminimani44