• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whipcord

Reaction score
Is it just the way they take the pics, or does the outerwear have a lot of waist suppression? The more I look at it, the more it seems a little on the feminine side in terms of the silhouette. I do not mean this in a disrespectful way, it's just something that is jumping out at me.

Rhodia

Reaction score
Is it just the way they take the pics, or does the outerwear have a lot of waist suppression? The more I look at it, the more it seems a little on the feminine side in terms of the silhouette. I do not mean this in a disrespectful way, it's just something that is jumping out at me.

I cannot speak to the outerwear, but I've noticed this issue even with the Sportcoats. I have the Camel Twill and it certainly does NOT fit like the picture below. Best to look at the measurements instead.

1673535707091.png

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In order of photos - First 3. Last years peacoat in navy and grey size 42R.
Last 2 pics are year before but in 42S which I sold due to it being too short.

I don't find the waste suppression overly done but my body type is Y so its a personal preference and style.
fullsizeoutput_1ab9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_eec.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_ef3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e3b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_d3c.jpeg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget who made mention of it some ways back, but the imbalanced back rise on the high rise trews is absolutely the issue for me. Though still suboptimal (because I like my pants to sit Urkel high) to my exact odd preferences, they would absolutely work well enough with a properly balanced front/back rise. As stands, to allow the pants to sit as high as possible as the front rise allows, well, doesn't exactly account for the junk in the trunk, to put it mildly.
As mentioned, won't stop me from buying suits that catch my eye, as the balance of the jacket/button stance is enough to offset to lower than necessary rise to accommodate ******, but standalone pants are regrettably off the radar moving forward.
Will be curious to see what this updated (was it classic @An Acute Style ?) is all about.

A12321

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the ticket pocket from the patch pocket on the Neo cut jackets? I have a linen jacket with ticket pocket and am concerned it will leave a shadow or thread mark if I remove it.

Stylewords

Reaction score
I forget who made mention of it some ways back, but the imbalanced back rise on the high rise trews is absolutely the issue for me. Though still suboptimal (because I like my pants to sit Urkel high) to my exact odd preferences, they would absolutely work well enough with a properly balanced front/back rise. As stands, to allow the pants to sit as high as possible as the front rise allows, well, doesn't exactly account for the junk in the trunk, to put it mildly.
As mentioned, won't stop me from buying suits that catch my eye, as the balance of the jacket/button stance is enough to offset to lower than necessary rise to accommodate ******, but standalone pants are regrettably off the radar moving forward.
Will be curious to see what this updated (was it classic @An Acute Style ?) is all about.
Just to offer some contrast, the front/back rise and lack of "diaper butt" is why Spier pants are my favourites.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the ticket pocket from the patch pocket on the Neo cut jackets? I have a linen jacket with ticket pocket and am concerned it will leave a shadow or thread mark if I remove it.

I would have the same concern with linen or cotton. Wool is much better for hiding needle holes. But I actually like ticket pockets, so I don't need to test the theory!

BlueSteel

Reaction score

tomm94

Reaction score
Had some shirts delivered over the last few weeks and thought I'd share some thoughts.

The purple label light wash denim with the Italian button down collar feels incredible, I know Spier is great value for money but this is the first time I've been genuinely blown away by how high quality something feels. My only slight issue is the breast pocket, I didn't think purple label had pockets but it's on me for not checking the photo better - my tailor isn't confident it wouldn't leave noticeable holes if I tried to remove it either so I'm going to learn to live with it.

I also picked up some of the Tessitura Monti end-on-end shirts. I haven't tried Monti before but know they come highly rated, to be honest I was a tiny bit disappointed in how thin the fabric felt but I'm not sure what I expected. The sizing is also a little snugger than other shirts I have from S&M, not unwearably so but I'll probably won't be wearing them until I've got a bit more distance between myself and Christmas! The soft pink is also a very subtle colour, I was a bit on the fence with it as the website photos look a little more coral than pink but looks much better in person - highly recommend!

Xcyte

Reaction score
Anyone have a navy / blue herringbone single breast overcoat in 38s for sale?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member